Multiplat Batman: Arkham Knight

Remove this Banner Ad

Issue 1 of the prequel comic came out today on comixology, Issue 2 is Friday and then its a weekly digital comic on Fridays. Its set between AC and AK. I will buy it tonight when i do my weekly comic shopping and i might read it tonight.

I think it will be like Injustice where it gets a print release with 2 digital issues making up a print release but on a month delay.

Apparently the game will have a 'M' (mature) rating (compared to the previous games that were 'T' (Teen) in the US.

Good to see WB and Rocksteady willing to sacrifice some potential sales to make a game that isn't watered down for the masses.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/02/24/batman-arkham-knight-shows-bruce-wayne-at-his-darkest

Yep because CoD and GTA struggle with the sales because they have a M rating over a T one.

Arkham asylum came out 6 years ago. so if you were 12 when that came out you are now 18 and can buy anygame you want. And the batman games only got a pass on getting T ratings because you only KO people and not kill them, Rockstedy have been pushing the rating with the first 2 games

Spoilers from issue 1 of Arkham Knight

It takes place at the end of Arkham City, but before the Harley Quinn DLC.
It has the first appearance of the Arkham Knight, He kills the new Electrocutioner after Batman KO's him and left him for the GCPD.
It has Alfred talking to Bruce the next day telling him Gotham wants the Batman but needs Bruce Wayne, feels like it could foreshadow a ending to the game with Bruce hanging up the Cowl or faking his Death.
And it ends with the autopsy of the Joker, he has a layer of fake skin over his chest with a container under it, Inside the container is Joker Gas and a USB, the 2 preforming the autopsy die from the Joker gas, the USB has a label saying "dont open till X-Mas"

Issue 2 comes out Friday, and its a weekly digital release on Friday's

Yep because CoD and GTA struggle with the sales because they have a M rating over a T one.

Arkham asylum came out 6 years ago. so if you were 12 when that came out you are now 18 and can buy anygame you want. And the batman games only got a pass on getting T ratings because you only KO people and not kill them, Rockstedy have been pushing the rating with the first 2 games

Yep, all true and I'm sure Arkham Knight would sell well regardless of the rating but I was more worried that WB might baulk at a higher classification. As the article mentioned, WB emailed Rocksteady with some concerns they had with the game and it's not unheard of in video games for developers to cut content either - especially if there is pressure from either a ratings board or the publisher.

Either way, it's just good news that Rocksteady have been able to make the game they wanted without being forced into changing things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would've got the batmobile edition if it was $200 but at the time couldn't justify paying half the price of the console itself.

In hindsight though I should've preordered one for resell value alone I bet that beauty could fetch over $400 easily on eBay if MM collectors editions are anything to go by, though it'd be extremely hard to sell a collectors item that awesome.

By the way that trailer is sweet, looking forward to this game.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back