Movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24 release date)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack's Joker was utter s**t but made sense for that time period , still amazes me the performance of Heath's joker.

Hopefully Leto takes it in a new direction much like I believe Afleck's Batman will be a much different one and perhaps the best one.

Nicholson's joker was good for the most part but i havent seen that movie years. Afleck has no chance of being better then Bale.

Ledgers performance was great though.

- all superman movies are terrible
This is because Superman is a campaignershit of a character. ******* fairy campaigner, does as he's told, and effectively invincible. s**t yeah, that'll make for good viewing. Might watch that, then go see the powerhouse battle of Geelong vs Queanbeyan thirds.

Nicholson's joker was good for the most part but i havent seen that movie years. Afleck has no chance of being better then Bale.

Ledgers performance was great though.
Bale was fantastic in Begins but sadly he was a shocking batman for the rest of the trilogy

Affleck will go down as the best I have no doubt

Bale was fantastic in Begins but sadly he was a shocking batman for the rest of the trilogy

Affleck will go down as the best I have no doubt

I wouldnt say shocking, I thought he was better in the TDKR then TDK but as he has said he played the stoic Batman to contrast Ledgers Joker.

At the end of the day Batman isnt a wide ranging character to play, we just have to watch whoever it is do awesome Batman stuff and we will love it.

This is because Superman is a campaignershit of a character. ******* fairy campaigner, does as he's told, and effectively invincible. s**t yeah, that'll make for good viewing. Might watch that, then go see the powerhouse battle of Geelong vs Queanbeyan thirds.
I'm puzzled as to why you opened a thread about a Superman movie if you feel such disinterest towards the character.

I'm puzzled as to why you opened a thread about a Superman movie if you feel such disinterest towards the character.
probably the same reason i did, love batman but cant see this film working and wanted to see what others thought.
Yep, this. Love batman, so will watch this movie. But I won't pay for it. Damn, I even like Batman enough to watch that god awful Gotham series

Call me crazy but I'm actually going to wait for some details to come out before I judge it at all. I know, it's nuts right.
Plenty of info out already.

this movie is going to struggle for 2 reasons:
- all superman movies are terrible
- nolan's batman were extremely good and to bring in a new version of batman so soon is stupidity and will pale in significance to nolan's films.

I guess it depends on what you mean by 'struggle' - even if the movie isn't as critically acclaimed as Nolan's Batman trilogy (which admittedly is a high benchmark), I'm sure it will still make a stack of money for DC and WB which is probably what they are most concerned with.

I personally reckon it will be good. They've got a better writer on board this time which is one of the big gripes people had with Man of Steel and even Superman Returns which (IMO) was boring as all heck.

Not sure how true it is but read somewhere that WB were thinking of releasing the first trailer alongside the new Hobbit movie when its released at cinemas. Would be pretty cool, I'm hanging out for a proper trailer :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess it depends on what you mean by 'struggle' - even if the movie isn't as critically acclaimed as Nolan's Batman trilogy (which admittedly is a high benchmark), I'm sure it will still make a stack of money for DC and WB which is probably what they are most concerned with.

I personally reckon it will be good. They've got a better writer on board this time which is one of the big gripes people had with Man of Steel and even Superman Returns which (IMO) was boring as all heck.

Not sure how true it is but read somewhere that WB were thinking of releasing the first trailer alongside the new Hobbit movie when its released at cinemas. Would be pretty cool, I'm hanging out for a proper trailer :D
It's not out till 2016 is it? I doubt they would've shot enough for a proper trailer yet.

It's not out till 2016 is it? I doubt they would've shot enough for a proper trailer yet.

Yeah, if anything, it'd probably just be a quick sizzle reel/teaser type of trailer.

IMO the "big" trailer for the Xmas films will be Star Wars, not this.
No doubt. Pretty much zero chance of getting a trailer for a movie that comes out in 2016 I would've thought.

Chucking it in here because there doesn't seem to be a thread for it but looks like the Suicide Squad cast is taking shape.

"Warner Bros. Pictures has officially announced the cast for the new action adventure Suicide Squad. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

The film will star two-time Oscar nominee Will Smith as Deadshot; Tom Hardy as Rick Flagg; Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn; Oscar winner Jared Leto as the Joker; Jai Courtney as Boomerang; and Cara Delevingne as Enchantress."

Leto as the Joker is going to be really interesting. He's a talented actor, very brave to take on the role knowing the legacy of Ledger's portrayal will hang over his head.

http://comicbook.com/2014/12/02/suicide-squad-cast-revealed---includes-jared-leto-will-smith-mor/

Apparently they are also looking for Amanda Waller's actress and Oprah Winfrey is up for consideration! Didn't even know she was an actress?

Chucking it in here because there doesn't seem to be a thread for it but looks like the Suicide Squad cast is taking shape.

"Warner Bros. Pictures has officially announced the cast for the new action adventure Suicide Squad. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

The film will star two-time Oscar nominee Will Smith as Deadshot; Tom Hardy as Rick Flagg; Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn; Oscar winner Jared Leto as the Joker; Jai Courtney as Boomerang; and Cara Delevingne as Enchantress."

Leto as the Joker is going to be really interesting. He's a talented actor, very brave to take on the role knowing the legacy of Ledger's portrayal will hang over his head.

http://comicbook.com/2014/12/02/suicide-squad-cast-revealed---includes-jared-leto-will-smith-mor/

Top cast, will smash any other DC movie made.

I was thinking the other day that Walton Goggins would make a good Joker. Leto should be interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back