Movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24 release date)

Remove this Banner Ad

4)Im probably in the minority but i have a problem with people playing multiple comic characters so Affleck for me should have not being cast cause he was Daredevil. As a comic book nerd from way back its something that frustrates me with casting in these movies and especially when they get someone who is nothing like the comic character.

Though both Daredevil and Batman are from two different companies so not sure why it bothers you. Not like Daredevil was a successful movie. Each to his own though.

You have to be effing stupid to be able to sit and watch a movie where a human who uses fancy gadgets competes with an alien with the physical traits of Superman. It just can't work and be believable to anyone with an IQ over 50. Will be the dumbest thing ever put to screen.
But the whole alien with the physical traits of superman part is perfectly believable?

But the whole alien with the physical traits of superman part is perfectly believable?
Why not. Its a big universe. Just because the sun comes up every day doesn't mean it won't come up tomorrow. What is not realistic is a human who isn't even a good boxer against other humans (if you saw the last Batman movie) somehow competing with someone who can fly at the speed of light and knock trains and buildings down. Think about that.

Why not. Its a big universe. Just because the sun comes up every day doesn't mean it won't come up tomorrow. What is not realistic is a human who isn't even a good boxer against other humans (if you saw the last Batman movie) somehow competing with someone who can fly at the speed of light and knock trains and buildings down. Think about that.

Why does he need to be a good boxer?

Wow.

I'm no Affleck fan but no one has come close to his look as Batman, not even Bale. Sorry but the image of Batman for this movie released showed a perfect looking Batman.

The only fight the two will have with each other is an argument. It won't get physical.

Sheesh.

The only fight the two will have with each other is an argument. It won't get physical.

Agreed with your other comments Pants re: the look of Affleck as Batman. But I'm of the view there will be a physical confrontation, again a reference to TDKR. The reason I go on about TDKR so much is because that's what Snyder chose to reveal as his concept when announcing this film at Comic Con last July. They even used Wayne's famous words:

"I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come, in all your most private moments. I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

Whilst it obviously won't be a straight remake of TDKR, I'm expecting a battle in line with some of the concepts from it.

Agreed with your other comments Pants re: the look of Affleck as Batman. But I'm of the view there will be a physical confrontation, again a reference to TDKR. The reason I go on about TDKR so much is because that's what Snyder chose to reveal as his concept when announcing this film at Comic Con last July. They even used Wayne's famous words:

"I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come, in all your most private moments. I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

Whilst it obviously won't be a straight remake of TDKR, I'm expecting a battle in line with some of the concepts from it.

Don't really know the lore for this movie but that sounds cool.

Let me tell you something about Christian Bale, before batman he was a drunk pom whos biggest hit was a s**t terminator, now hes some fancy artist because he spoke like a ****** in a batsuit.
Ahh, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight both came out before Terminator Salvation.

On top of that, Bale was already considered a "fancy artist" before all three of those films, thanks to films like American Psycho and The Machinist.

Ahh, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight both came out before Terminator Salvation.

On top of that, Bale was already considered a "fancy artist" before all three of those films, thanks to films like American Psycho and The Machinist.

This is a bit from leftfield, but he was also very decent in Shaft (the Samuel L Jackson version), which was released in 1999 or 2000 if I recall correctly. Similar sort of evil tone of his character to what we saw in American Psycho, albeit on a much smaller scale. Bale has a great acting range, his performance in The Machinist was brilliant. Then to bulk up so quickly to film Batman Begins was a hell of an effort.

I would like to see a Jules Winnfield v Ordell Robbie movie (with Samuel L. Jackson playing both roles) and a Mr T v Marsellus Wallace movie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not super excited to see it but most definitely will.

I kinda agree with not liking people play multiple comic character roles but there's enough water under the bridge between DD and now. When I look at Affleck I don't automatically think DD. Chasing maybe ;)

Someone like Hugh Jackman IS Wolverine and can NEVER play another comic character.

Curious about this movie but the casting of batman, wonder woman and Lex luthor has me worried. plus they wont have relaible actors Crowe and Shannon in this one

Daredevil came out 2 years before Fantastic 4.
Yeah? They were both a while ago......

I don't get this "you must play one comic book character only" idea. Why is it limited to comic books? It makes no sense to me.

I mean, if you look at popular culture icons, Harrison Ford played Han Solo and then Indiana Jones.
I agree but surely there are exceptions to the rule. Han and Indy are never gonna cross paths. All I was really saying was that an actor shouldn't really play 2 roles in the same universe. Mainly so they don't come up against their old role played by a different actor.

I know they're different and it wouldn't happen (Marvel/DC) but if Affleck as Batman comes across Daredevil played by David Wenham it would take me out of the movie and go 'hey Affleck was DD and BM...'

I like Batman, but let's be too real for a second; Superman would **** his s**t of like nobodies business.
Depends which iteration of Supes you're talking about. Every hero's powers vary greatly depending on who's in charge of the story.

Early footage lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back