Movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24 release date)

Remove this Banner Ad

Have wondered why this hasn't happened as yet. Has always been my favourite, TDKR and Year One not too far behind.
Then they could do Dark Victory as the sequel and everyone could realise that Robin is actually a very important part of the Batman story.

Not my thoughts necessarily just a pic I saw on Facebook that had a bit of a point.

My problem isn't with the physique at all. Just doesn't look right.

What fantasy world are you all living in where Wonder Woman is shredded? She's never looked like that. She sometimes looks bigger body size wise, but she's never been musclebound like Batman or Wolverine.

Gal Gadot looks fine.

What fantasy world are you all living in where Wonder Woman is shredded? She's never looked like that. She sometimes looks bigger body size wise, but she's never been musclebound like Batman or Wolverine.

Gal Gadot looks fine.

Hmm i would disagree with that, the current incarnation has abs, biceps etc. Shes not huge but she looks more like an athlete than a model. I agree that Gal Gadot is fine but i can also see the criticism

Hmm i would disagree with that, the current incarnation has abs, biceps etc. Shes not huge but she looks more like an athlete than a model. I agree that Gal Gadot is fine but i can also see the criticism
Current incarnation is Jim Lee designed is she not? He's made Batman the size of a 200 year old tree. Wouldn't take that as scale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the hell even happened in that trailer... I don't get it, the crowd were going crazy...
Dark, rain. Presumably Gotham.
Armored Batman pulls tarp off the Bat signal.
It shines in the sky. Something is up there.
Superman.
Glaring at Batman. Looking pissed. Eye glowing red.
Batman glaring back.
Clearly about to punch on.
End trailer.

Saw these on twitter, apparently from the set of BvS as well as a first look as Affleck as Bruce Wayne. Guessing his destroyed building might have been part of the aftermath of Superman and Zod's fight in MoS.

7oTxCYX.jpg

BuOgHrBCYAE6Wqq.png

BuOgU88CAAE8Fip.png

Hey that's my bday. At least my plans are booked in 2 years in advance lol.

That's incredibly lucky! Hopefully they don't change the date again then ;)

as long as marvel dont announce a new movie for that date it should be set

Do you reckon it was a case of DC and WB 'blinking' as some are reporting? I would have thought a movie with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman all on screen together for the first time (I think) would have been a huge drawing film regardless of who it has to compete with at the box office. The movie could be a big flop given how many characters they are introducing but surely the Batman/Superman labels will still ensure it brings in money. Maybe there is more reasoning behind it? It's possible Marvel could also move Capt 3 up as well in response if they wanted?

Either way, the movie being 2 months nearer is a win in my books :D

More pics of Affleck as Bruce Wayne - have to say, I think he looks great as BW. I read somewhere this Batman will be 'in his mid 40s' as well.

wASOm20.jpg

272dWrL.jpg

buD3DW4.jpg

Do you reckon it was a case of DC and WB 'blinking' as some are reporting? I would have thought a movie with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman all on screen together for the first time (I think) would have been a huge drawing film regardless of who it has to compete with at the box office. The movie could be a big flop given how many characters they are introducing but surely the Batman/Superman labels will still ensure it brings in money. Maybe there is more reasoning behind it? It's possible Marvel could also move Capt 3 up as well in response if they wanted?

Either way, the movie being 2 months nearer is a win in my books :D
You'd be crazy to go head to head with marvel right now and TBH what would be the point of it, particularly when WB have much more to lose? This way both movies make more money than they would have if they came out at the same time.

You'd be crazy to go head to head with marvel right now and TBH what would be the point of it, particularly when WB have much more to lose? This way both movies make more money than they would have if they came out at the same time.

No doubt Marvel is firing on all cylinders for sure but Batman and Superman (short of the Justice League) is probably the strongest hand DC and WB have. Maybe if it was a standalone Batman or Superman movie going head on against Capt 3, it might be worth considering moving but I'd dare say (IMO) that Superman and Batman (plus Wonder Woman) all together for the first time would be a 'bigger' drawcard than Captain America 3.

I guess it does make sense though, Marvel have a strong grip on the movie market (while DC seem to be ahead on the TV side of things). If DC are serious about taking on Marvel in the next 5-6 years, you'd think those 11 or so unnamed movies would need to aggressively try and raise the profile of the DC universe (and possibly intertwine in the same universe) to compel the more casual audiences to see them.

Certainly a very exciting time for the comic book superhero movie genre!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back