Movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24 release date)

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Maybe they felt they'd skip the bland, unoriginal, solo superhero introduction movies - let's be honest, all of Marvel's movies besides Ironman and possibly Captain America 2 have blown.

While Marvel may have earned more revenue from the comic nerd and child demographs, from a movie critic's point of view they're still reasonably tied in terms of putting out good movies.

No... No they didn't

And just further to the Zod/Superman battle, it also annoyed me how Superman would randomly throw Zod into a building, burst through it to the other side and then just do it again with another random building. More senseless destruction that would kill numerous people each time it happened, with very little effort to avoid or minimise this. Stuff like that is my main gripe with the film, there's so many "that's not what Superman would do" moments throughout.

Haha true! I read a comment/theory somewhere a while back that MoS is meant to be his 'origin' movie where he learns his background, who he is, where he comes from and basically coming to terms with all of it. I think the guy went on to say that Superman's experience in killing Zod might mean he vows never to kill again and to try and save as many lives as he can - possibly leading to him reverting back to the more traditional superhero people know him as. Will be interesting to see how they portray him in BvS and beyond.

Saw this on facebook and thought it would be worth sharing :D

10620945_10152339423602712_656048047_n.jpg

Henry Cavill apparently wearing his new Superman costume on set.

y59h6z1.jpg

Personally, I don't mind it with the lighter blue (seems more inline with his traditional colours). Not sure if it's me but his crest looks different also - perhaps a brighter red than the one in MoS (though could just be lighting/distance the photo was taken from)?

For comparison:
Man-Of-Steel-Henry-Cavill-Kal_El-3.jpg

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers
Telling you right now Affleck will direct the stand alone Batman film.

He was the studios first choice to direct Man Of Steel.

I think they also said it wouldn't have anything to do with this movie and Justice League.

Yeah, think I saw that too pants - very strange if that turns out to be true (I thought the whole point of separating the movie and TV universes was to try and make it easier for them to coordinate - having a stand alone Shazam movie could be a fun movie for DC to make but kind of takes away from their cinematic universe at the same time).

Yeah, think I saw that too pants - very strange if that turns out to be true (I thought the whole point of separating the movie and TV universes was to try and make it easier for them to coordinate - having a stand alone Shazam movie could be a fun movie for DC to make but kind of takes away from their cinematic universe at the same time).

The Rock is also a pretty big name now as well (very popular with youngsters) so you think having him in any future DC movies in anyway would make sense.

The Rock is also a pretty big name now as well (very popular with youngsters) so you think having him in any future DC movies in anyway would make sense.

Yeah, very true - I wonder if casting the Rock is part of their strategic thinking to try and get some 'star power' in their universe? With Affleck also on board, they are starting to get a few big names.

I think Al Pacino and Denzel Washington have both stated they want to get involved in the Marvel movies - maybe there might be a bit of competition to try and get the big names on board?

Saw this as well - would be interesting but the logistics of it might be hard.

Stephen Amell then was asked if he would want Green Arrow to star in the upcoming Justice League film, He replied, “Sure, I’d like to be in it. Absolutely! If Hawkeye can be in the Avengers, then Green Arrow can be in the Justice League.”

The last film suffered largely from one thing. Being over the top. There was a great movie in there, but Snyder ruined it with having to make everything so big and ridiculous. The last hour was just buildings being destroyed. There was no subtlety. There was no actual development of character. Not even great performances from most of the cast could compensate for that.

I was hoping someone would've spoken to Snyder and told him to tone it down. If this rumour of "no jokes" is true and they're trying to take it dead seriously, then it can't be as over the top as the last one. If you want to go serious, you need to go realistic for the most part. That Batmobile? It's ******* ridiculous. If you're doing an Iron Man type movie, it's fine. But if you wanna do a Dark Knight/Daredevil 100% serious/dark movie, it's ridiculous. It doesn't look remotely like a vehicle anyone would use, let alone a crime figher who relies on stealth and cunning.

Calling it now. Affleck will be brilliant. The film will disappoint immensely.

Back