Multiplat Battlefield Hardline

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
I have to assume this is a first person shooter with a strong multiplayer focus considering it's under the Battlefield banner.

Initially I'm sceptical as to how a police/criminal shooter can work in MP.
As we all know criminals work and interact in, with and around law abiding civilians day to day in society. Police have strong protocols when dealing with criminals, and even stronger protocols when using firearms with regards to civilian safety. I just can't dream of a situation where the police and the criminals can face off in a shooter scenario without it being so contrived that it crosses the line into some unbelievable fantasy.

Have to wait and see.

I have to assume this is a first person shooter with a strong multiplayer focus considering it's under the Battlefield banner.

As we all know criminals work and interact in, with and around law abiding civilians day to day in society. Police have strong protocols when dealing with criminals, and even stronger protocols when using firearms with regards to civilian safety. I just can't dream of a situation where the police and the criminals can face off in a shooter scenario without it being so contrived that it crosses the line into some unbelievable fantasy.

Have to wait and see.

A heist/hostage situation?

Have to wait and see.
At least it's something different, at the end of the day, it's a game and the amount of people that care about believable fantasy and 'story' in MP is next to zero anyway. If one side was marshmallows and the other, hot chocolate, people would still play it. Cops and Robbers is hardly some insane branch to go down.

I'd like to see this have a very strong SP narrative and focus though, Visceral can do that, adding in eerie and atmospheric levels would be great too.

Very interesting to see Visceral effectively owning the FPS landscape this year (should this be an FPS, could very well be TPS considering their pedigree) - with former Visceral guys doing COD:AW and Visceral doing BF.

Could see myself purchasing this depending on the strength of the SP.

Grechy

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Houston Rockets
At least it's something different, at the end of the day, it's a game and the amount of people that care about believable fantasy and 'story' in MP is next to zero anyway. If one side was marshmallows and the other, hot chocolate, people would still play it. Cops and Robbers is hardly some insane branch to go down.

I'd like to see this have a very strong SP narrative and focus though, Visceral can do that, adding in eerie and atmospheric levels would be great too.

Very interesting to see Visceral effectively owning the FPS landscape this year (should this be an FPS, could very well be TPS considering their pedigree) - with former Visceral guys doing COD:AW and Visceral doing BF.

Could see myself purchasing this depending on the strength of the SP.

Battlefield has a SP mode? :p

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
It's an interesting concept at least.

There have been a few comments criticizing EA for going all COD with more annualized releases. But the game has the potential to be totally different than the mainstream derivative of Battlefield. Which already existed from Bad Company to the main Battlefield games, as the game play and scale are very different.

Battlefield has a SP mode? :p
Hopefully it becomes the main focus, with Visceral at the helm I am confident of a great SP campaign.
I'm not against this at all, could be fun. But is this the major BF release or not?
Yes, this is the 2014 Battlefield release.

Hopefully it becomes the main focus, with Visceral at the helm I am confident of a great SP campaign.
Yes, this is the 2014 Battlefield release.

Hmmm very interesting.

Looks like VERY early footage, kind of looks more like a pitch trailer than actual genuine gameplay.

Could be very interesting though, has elements of Payday to it.

Definitely changes up the Battlefield ethos entirely, which may backfire to those that are entrenched with how the series is now. But definitely has me interested!

Back