Social Off Topic Thread - House of Dastardly Crax

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! I'll have you know that people often ask me if I'm English, cause I talk so good ;) + I had an American client, from Newport, Rhode Island, who used to telephone me just to hear me speak lol He said I sounded just like Nicole Kidman, which horrified me because she grew up on the Dark Side of Sydney :eek:

I noticed a huge difference when I bought my German 4WD in January driving around the Eastern Suburbs in Sydney, suddenly everyone gave way to me, it was hilarious!

I think the worst drivers are:
1. Volvo drivers
2. Honda drivers
3. Lexus drivers

But now I have my German 4WD I don't give a flying fig ;) :p :D Everyone gets out of my way! WooHoo!
Lol. My daughter got complimented on her "beautiful English accent" one day while going through a checkout and the lady asked where she was from. My daughter replied that the accent was fake and that she had grown up in WA. :)

Lol. My daughter got complimented on her "beautiful English accent" one day while going through a checkout and the lady asked where she was from. My daughter replied that the accent was fake and that she had grown up in WA. :)
Ha! Classic! It's cause she was brung up correct ;)

Woo that wild weather this morning put me in good spirits :thumbsu:

I've had bugger all sleep due to the weather and neighbour's dog barking at it, lightning and thunder right above my head made the idiot in the next lane swerve and nearly hit my car, got drenched dropping my car off at Bob Jane T-Marts, 1 hour delay for a train and I gave my seat up for the elderly meaning I was crammed to the door with the other muppets jumping on at other stations.
Well done, Bots. You're a great citizen.
Not sure about you lumping yourself in with the "other muppets", though. You don't seem very muppet-like to me :)

I noticed a huge difference when I bought my German 4WD in January driving around the Eastern Suburbs in Sydney, suddenly everyone gave way to me, it was hilarious!

I think the worst drivers are:
1. Volvo drivers
2. Honda drivers
3. Lexus drivers

But now I have my German 4WD I don't give a flying fig ;) :p :D Everyone gets out of my way! WooHoo!

One day I was driving along, minding my own business and I happened to glance into the car next to me. There was a woman putting on make-up while she was driving! She had the sun visor pulled down, using the mirror on the back of it. Her eyes were mostly on the mirror. Once in a while, she would look at the road and correct her drifting car. At one point, she weaved into my lane. My first instinct was to grab the steering wheel and move over. That manoeuver caused me to drop my electric razor, which fell into the coffee cup between my legs. Hot coffee spilled on my lap and I jumped up spilling coffee all over the newspaper on the steering wheel and all over my lap. In all the confusion, I dropped my cell phone and broke it. And that was an important call. Those darn women drivers! :mad:

One day I was driving along, minding my own business and I happened to glance into the car next to me. There was a woman putting on make-up while she was driving! She had the sun visor pulled down, using the mirror on the back of it. Her eyes were mostly on the mirror. Once in a while, she would look at the road and correct her drifting car. At one point, she weaved into my lane. My first instinct was to grab the steering wheel and move over. That manoeuver caused me to drop my electric razor, which fell into the coffee cup between my legs. Hot coffee spilled on my lap and I jumped up spilling coffee all over the newspaper on the steering wheel and all over my lap. In all the confusion, I dropped my cell phone and broke it. And that was an important call. Those darn women drivers! :mad:

I am not going to ask about the electric razor. :rolleyes:

I am not going to ask about the electric razor. :rolleyes:
Lol. It's a second-hand joke, I'm afraid, Fred. :oops: I thought about changing it to have a bloke driving alongside me, shaving as he drove, but then I couldn't be bothered making the changes to have me, as the joke-teller, putting on my makeup- plus, though being female and, as such, very good at multitasking, I doubt that anyone would believe I could read the paper, speak on the phone, put makeup on and drink coffee all at once! :)

Those bloody bu**ary Vics love ribbing every other state! I love Victoria + I love SA, Adelaide is gorgeous! Melbourne best city in Australia, but I'm from Sydney, so I REALLY DO KNOW!!! Funny how you say you don't feel you fit in over there SC, any chance you could move back to Vic?
I've just moved from Sydney to the Central Coast, Copacabana *cue Barry Manilow* + I am astonished at the difference from Sydney.
Everyone I meet, when I tell them I've just moved here, say "Welcome to Copa!" with a huge smile. The people are so warm, friendly + relaxed, it's the opposite of Sydney!
When you think about it, Australia is such a beautiful country and we should all be so grateful that we live in such a wonderful place.

I have made a life in SA and I couldn't see myself leaving. But you can't ever rule anything out. You never know what the future holds.

You've moved to the Central Coast? I thought that you were going to move to Geelong?

Did you go to the Stones concert on the weekend, Strangled?
LOL, nah. Even if I could have afforded a ticket, I'd have had buckleys hope of getting one unless I sat on the computer when the tickets went on sale. They all sold out in some ridiculous time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Partridge, you should invite yourself to meet SC + have a Coopers or 12 ;) SC is the best guy, couldn't meet anyone friendlier. I'm working on adopting him ;)
You are too kind SquishyKitty, but I'm sure that Partridge has better things to do with his limited time in SA than to meet some random dude from the Internet with only one guaranteed common interest for a beer. Having said that though, I'd be more than happy to have a beer with Partridge at a BF meet-up, should he wish to make it down to Geelong sometime next year.

doubt that anyone would believe I could read the paper, speak on the phone, put makeup on and drink coffee all at once! :)
Hey TC , I believe you Don't we all do that in a rushed morning ?? And I can talk on the phone while typing on the computer. Not saying that it always comes out sensibly , but it can be done . :) Don't like icecream so have been on an icecream thread on BF and trying out a few flavours that have been recommended . Still don't like icecream . Never had. Does that make me weird ??

You are too kind SquishyKitty, but I'm sure that Partridge has better things to do with his limited time in SA than to meet some random dude from the Internet with only one guaranteed common interest for a beer. Having said that though, I'd be more than happy to have a beer with Partridge at a BF meet-up, should he wish to make it down to Geelong sometime next year.

Partridge hasn't been to a meet up in 2 years now. And same with Artist.

Once they have the babies you never see them again. :(

Hey TC , I believe you Don't we all do that in a rushed morning ?? And I can talk on the phone while typing on the computer. Not saying that it always comes out sensibly , but it can be done . :) Don't like icecream so have been on an icecream thread on BF and trying out a few flavours that have been recommended . Still don't like icecream . Never had. Does that make me weird ??
No- not weird. More ice cream for me, though :)
Don't know why you'd go on an ice cream thread, though :confused:

I don't know why either :( Was just interested to see how far a thread on icecream would go. So many people like the stuff ..........lol I prefer cheese,pickles, although I like some cream on things .
I used to love ice cream but now I'm a bit "meh" about it. The quality has really dropped compared to what we used to buy. Doesn't seem to be as creamy. My kids like Baskin & Robbins but I had a taste and thought it had been made with sand- it was a terrible texture.
There used to be a great pop-up shop outside Woolies at one of our shopping centres here - think it was Cadbury's icecream. They had a lovely ice cream that had choc-coated almonds (or another nut, maybe macadamia) plus soft caramel swirled through it. Yum!!! Unfortunately it's not there any more. :(

If I see a new icecream shop, I will pop my head in to see of it sells liquorice icecream, which nobody here in Perth seems to sell :cry: but I'm always disappointed.

Have you tried soft-serve yoghurt, CatMarie? I find the tanginess of that to be very appealing and it's very smooth in texture.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back