BBL|05 Grand Final - Melbourne Stars vs. Sydney Thunder (Sunday 7.20PM local; MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually, he hit one four and 3 singles before being run out the next over (7 Runs)
Khawaja was on 37 when he was given not out LBW. He went on to make another 33 runs before being dismissed for 70.
But Watson did come in after Khawaja, and got out cheaply. There is no re-writing that

Watson comes in earlier, he probably bats better too. It works both ways. Not as if the Thunder didn't have batsmen to come. Both decisions were 50/50's, both went towards the batsman. The umpire was consistent at least.

Watson comes in earlier, he probably bats better too. It works both ways. Not as if the Thunder didn't have batsmen to come. Both decisions were 50/50's, both went towards the batsman. The umpire was consistent at least.
Umpires have been consistantly not giving out LBW's all season as well. Put it in the 'too hard' basket.

Big test for every batsman over there not just him. It is about time our batsmen show they can handle pitches that are not roads
Good call, all had a big rest in both forms over in England last ashes and failed, yet no one gets the arse from the team. Usman better pull up s chair he could be waiting a while to get a gig

I do find it strange that the stated reason for not using DRS is to speed up the game... and yet they're still referring potential run outs that you can tell from 80 metres away in the crowd were or weren't out. There was the Beer run out last night, and there was one when the Stars were batting that were so clearly in - and we still wait for the 3rd umpire.

If we have DRS in place, there's every chance that Khawaja is given out last night. (Of course, there's also every chance it's one of those infuriating "umpires decision" calls.)

I do find it strange that the stated reason for not using DRS is to speed up the game... and yet they're still referring potential run outs that you can tell from 80 metres away in the crowd were or weren't out. There was the Beer run out last night, and there was one when the Stars were batting that were so clearly in - and we still wait for the 3rd umpire.

If we have DRS in place, there's every chance that Khawaja is given out last night. (Of course, there's also every chance it's one of those infuriating "umpires decision" calls.)
And the same with the Falling Stars player who should of gone for lbw

And the same with the Falling Stars player who should of gone for lbw

Don't talk sense will you. Both sides got a 50/50 gong their way. Didn't change the match.

It wasn't plumb. It was close but let's not go overboard. The umpire gave the batsman the benefit of the doubt...you know the same that Gulbis got while he was batting. Both sides got 1 decision go against them. Meh. Didn't change the result.
It looked plumb live from virtually behind the bowlers arm - was very full - I thought it was missing leg and off - I'd call that plumb in my book

It looked plumb live from virtually behind the bowlers arm - was very full - I thought it was missing leg and off - I'd call that plumb in my book

It barely pitched it line. It did, but only just. Can see why the umpire didn't give him- and similarly Gulbis was not given when he batted too.

The Thunder haters do seem to forget the Gulbis call

Continually they forget that one trotting out the line...he only made 7 more runs....so what! We would only have been chasing 160 odd!

to those who say the no calls on uzzie didnt change the match are kinda correct, cause we will never know.

however, on the balance of probability and continuity, things would definitely be different. similar to going back in time, you alter the past, you change the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of them there wasn't even an appeal yet he still went upstairs!

thunder24thunderwinners.jpg

The Thunder haters do seem to forget the Gulbis call

Now you're just being ridiculous and hyperbolic. I don't think anyone here is "hating" anyone... except maybe Cricket Australia and the selectors. If you go back to my first post after the game, you'll notice that I spoke about how I was able to enjoy Khawaja's first 100 before Christmas.

But I guess that doesn't fit your narrative, huh?

To suggest that Gulbis' 7 additional runs equates to the additional 30-something runs that Khawaja scored makes it sound like you didn't watch the game. There is a context to every game of cricket, and the impact that Khawaja had went way beyond the runs that he scored. By the time he got out the game was already over. If he's out in the 30s, that absolutely isn't the case.

You're also ignoring the fact that the Gulbis/Russel one was in about the 18th over, and there'd been one or two shouts before that point that could well have been referred to the DRS... in which case discussion of the DRS in reference to Gulbis is a moot point, as is discussion of the second Khawaja shout (which clearly pitched outside leg).

If Khawaja was called out the first LBW the Thunder would be under heaps of pressure and the Stars would have their tails up.

But it's true, you cant say they would have lost (hell Hussey could have tonned up in an alternate reality) but they were denied this opportunity.

I think it's reasonable to be upset over it tbh.

Now you're just being ridiculous and hyperbolic. I don't think anyone here is "hating" anyone... except maybe Cricket Australia and the selectors. If you go back to my first post after the game, you'll notice that I spoke about how I was able to enjoy Khawaja's first 100 before Christmas.

But I guess that doesn't fit your narrative, huh?

To suggest that Gulbis' 7 additional runs equates to the additional 30-something runs that Khawaja scored makes it sound like you didn't watch the game. There is a context to every game of cricket, and the impact that Khawaja had went way beyond the runs that he scored. By the time he got out the game was already over. If he's out in the 30s, that absolutely isn't the case.

You're also ignoring the fact that the Gulbis/Russel one was in about the 18th over, and there'd been one or two shouts before that point that could well have been referred to the DRS... in which case discussion of the DRS in reference to Gulbis is a moot point, as is discussion of the second Khawaja shout (which clearly pitched outside leg).
uploadfromtaptalk1453715505356.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back