BBL|05 Match 31 - Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Stars (6:15 local; The Furnace)

Who will win?

• Perth Scorchers

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Melbourne Stars

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 3, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
21BBLpreview.ashx

Perth Scorchers 13-man Squad:

Adam Voges (c), Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft, Travis Birt, Michael Carberry, Matt Dixon, Marcus Harris, Brad Hogg, Michael Klinger, Jhye Richardson, Ashton Turner, Andrew Tye, David Willey.

In: Travis Birt
Out: Jason Behrendorff

Melbourne Stars 13-man Squad:

David Hussey (c), Michael Beer, Jackson Coleman, Seb Gotch, Evan Gulbis, Peter Handscomb, Ben Hilfenhaus, Kevin Pietersen, Rob Quiney, Marcus Stoinis, Dan Worrall, Luke Wright, Adam Zampa

Unchanged

Last edited:

Carbs to top score

We're without 5- Marsh bros, Coulter-Nile, Whiteman and the Dorff
Clutching at straws with Whiteman. Average of 18 in T20's with only 2 fifties, Bancroft has done far better than he would have.

Anyway both teams are missing players. Hastings, Boland, Maxwell and Faulkner for the Stars and SMarsh, MMarsh, NCN and Dorff. Probably evenly matched with the missing players, maybe Scorchers missing more so it'll come down to the depth in the squads.

Clutching at straws with Whiteman. Average of 18 in T20's with only 2 fifties, Bancroft has done far better than he would have.

Anyway both teams are missing players. Hastings, Boland, Maxwell and Faulkner for the Stars and SMarsh, MMarsh, NCN and Dorff. Probably evenly matched with the missing players, maybe Scorchers missing more so it'll come down to the depth in the squads.

Keeping isn't important?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keeping isn't important?
Not really in T/20's no. The ones Bancroft has needed to catch he's caught. The ball rarely actually goes to the keeper in T/20's, hence why Handscomb can get away with keeping in T/20's without being noticed all that much. Whiteman isn't even that good a keeper, remember him fluffing it up numerous times last season.

Melbourne Stars Predicted XI
1. Luke Wright
2. Bob Quiney
3. Kevin Pietersen
4. Peter Handscomb
5. David Hussey
6. Marcus Stoinis
7. Evan Gulbis
8. Adam Zampa
9. Ben Hilfenhaus
10. Daniel Worrall
11. Michael Beer

12. Seb Gotch
13. Jackson Coleman

I think I'd rather playing Gotch as opposed to Worrall and get the 5th bowling option out of Stoinis and Wright. Stoinis gets underbowled in T/20's.

Putting Stoinis down the order as he's gotten far too predictable up there. He gets bogged down and then attempts a big shot over the infield only to be caught on the edge of the circle.

Perth Scorchers Predicted XI
1. Michael Klinger
2. Marcus Harris
3. Adam Voges
4. Michael Carberry
5. Cameron Bancroft
6. Ashton Agar
7. David Willey
8. Ashton Turner
9. Andrew Tye
10. Matt Dixon
11. Brad Hogg

12. Jhye Richardson
13. Travis Birt

Melbourne Stars Predicted XI
1. Luke Wright
2. Bob Quiney
3. Kevin Pietersen
4. Peter Handscomb
5. David Hussey
6. Marcus Stoinis
7. Evan Gulbis
8. Adam Zampa
9. Ben Hilfenhaus
10. Daniel Worrall
11. Michael Beer

12. Seb Gotch
13. Jackson Coleman

I think I'd rather playing Gotch as opposed to Worrall and get the 5th bowling option out of Stoinis and Wright. Stoinis gets underbowled in T/20's.

Putting Stoinis down the order as he's gotten far too predictable up there. He gets bogged down and then attempts a big shot over the infield only to be caught on the edge of the circle.

Pretty sure Wright is injured and cannot bowl

Stars season has been decimated by Australia, our entire first choice bowling attack on ODI duties, would be a miracle to win here but I'm sure the usual suspects will call it a choke to miss the final from 4th again...

Pretty sure Wright is injured and cannot bowl

Stars season has been decimated by Australia, our entire first choice bowling attack on ODI duties, would be a miracle to win here but I'm sure the usual suspects will call it a choke to miss the final from 4th again...

Hastings, Boland, Faulkner and Maxwell v Behrendorff, Coulter-Nile, Paris and Marsh

Both first choice attacks are pretty depleted so neither side can use that excuse unless/when we run into Adelaide as one of us will.

Back