JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Khawaja, what an innings. 100 off 55 while playing proper shots and taking minimal risks. Probably the best T20 innings I can recall seeing.

Usman, what a guy.

Khawaja looks so smooth when batting and effortless when hitting boundaries. Reminds me of vvs laxman.

A bit of the David Gower about him, just effortless power.

Agree with all of the above. Beautiful batsman to watch. Graceful, effortless, unrushed... He seems like a genuinely nice bloke too.

I don't have a problem with the Thunder winning through to the final from fourth position & a 4-4 record in the H&A season. To me it's no different from Melbourne winning in 1900 after a regular H&A season of 6-8 & a final season record of 10-9. Fitzroy, despite a 11-3 H&A record had a season record of 13-5 but didn't win on the day when it mattered. Adelaide Strikers, despite having the best form coming into finals, lost when it mattered.

By coming fourth, the Thunder will have to travel for the final no matter where it is played. This will allow either the Stars or the Scorchers to prepare a pitch to suit their players. That is their disadvantage for coming fourth.

I don't really take the BBL too seriously as at least 14 of Australia's best players (plus Starc & Hazelwood) are not included in any of the teams as they are playing international matches. I want to watch Smith, the Marsh's, Warner (obviously a Thunder player), Wade etc play in the tournament & then see the size of the crowds but I don't think it will happen. If you want the tournament to reach it's full potential, then have the best players available.
1916. Fitzroy won the flag and the wooden spoon.

Scored a Test quadruple century with Paul Strang with that cheat on. Good times.
I busted out " International Crickeet Captain3 " on the ps2 a few weeks back.
Racked up a 450* from Matty Hayden...and it wasn't even against Zimbabwe either !!!.

Back