BBL match 21: Thunder vs Hurricanes @ Spotless stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the World Cup tender rules is that the events have to have a clear period before a game is played, not sure of the exact details but they are out of bounds for a period.
If you can't use a venue for 40 overs of cricket 2 and a half weeks before the tournament starts that's ridiculous.

Soccer, Tennis and Darts on.

BBL got some tough opposition tonight ratings wise

That starts over 2 weeks after the BBL final.
And there's a lockdown before that time, although there's only talk there's a lockdown and not much info on what it exactly the time period is. So if even one ground can't hold the BBL final then a truly neutral venue is the right decision. There was talk before it was announced that maybe Adelaide Oval would host it. I can only imagine the uproar if Perth finished first, Strikers second, and the Strikers got the final......

The other thing is from a World Cup pitch perspective, it's probably a good thing that none of the major grounds will have to worry about the BBL final. Canberra does host a game early in the WC but they're not hosting other BBL games/ODIs etc so they won't have the same pitch worries as say the SCG or the Gabba

And there's a lockdown before that time, although there's only talk there's a lockdown and not much info on what it exactly the time period is. So if even one ground can't hold the BBL final then a truly neutral venue is the right decision. There was talk before it was announced that maybe Adelaide Oval would host it. I can only imagine the uproar if Perth finished first, Strikers second, and the Strikers got the final......

The other thing is from a World Cup pitch perspective, it's probably a good thing that none of the major grounds will have to worry about the BBL final

2 weeks is plenty of time to sort your crap out for the curator

If you can't use a venue for 40 overs of cricket 2 and weeks before the tournament starts that's ridiculous.
Yeah that is what I read. They want two or so weeks to get grounds "ready" for the world cup.

"We decided to choose a mutual ground-Canberra so no final has a home advantage " is probably just a quote being pushed by BBL/CA to cover up the fact the ICC has pressured them into having perfect pitches/grounds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably been mentioned but too pissed to read previous pages but really don't get why T20 games have overs reduced...especially a pissy amount like 3

TV schedules, they have set starting and finishing times. Without TV there would be no Big Bash.

Yeah that is what I read. They want two or so weeks to get grounds "ready" for the world cup.

"We decided to choose a mutual ground-Canberra so no final has a home advantage " is probably just a quote being pushed by BBL/CA to cover up the fact the ICC has pressured them into having perfect pitches/grounds
Looking at the schedule Canberra actually have a World Cup game themselves only 4 days into the tournament...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back