BBL match 24: Renegades vs Stars!

Which Melbourne team will forever be coveted in glory?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure we need more teams - but a third international wouldn't be terrible, and we need to schedule so we don't get the clashes with international games.
A third international is a must have, I agree.

And people want more teams :$ the quality of cricket produced most games by the Heat and Renegades is substandard as is.
We've only just got rid of Scott Coyte- give it time.
Even then those two are hardly T20 bowlers.
Pattison can go for plenty, but at least he takes wickets unlike the rest of their bowlers. Siddle isn't much of an upgrade on what they've got already, is he?

Yeah true but they're better than a lot of other bowlers and patto can tear through a team. On the other hand the heat need to find someone.
Surely they'd have to be favourites to pick up Johnson next season given that the Scorchers might not have room for him money wise.

A third international is a must have, I agree.

I think it's pretty clear a few of the franchises have the better depth from a local player perspective.

In addition to depth, a third international can provide something interesting from a tactical standpoint. Do you go for two allrounders and a batsman, three bowlers or one batsman, bowler and all rounder.

It would help make all the franchises even more competitive and franchises can also take a leaf out of the Scorchers book and not play all their internationals if they care about focusing on local talent.

Most internationals will come from eng or wi because they are the only two test playing nations that have a season not conflicting with ours.

I also think franchises should be looking at associate teams. Some uncovered gems in there id say.

Id like to see a third international spot opened, the caveat being one player is from an associate team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most internationals will come from eng or wi because they are the only two test playing nations that have a season not conflicting with ours.

I also think franchises should be looking at associate teams. Some uncovered gems in there id say.

Id like to see a third international spot opened, the caveat being one player is from an associate team.

This^. I think increasing the international flavour would be great, two fold effect of raising the bar of the current comp and giving it a greater international profile too.

From the WC there is easily one or two players from every associate team that should walk in to a BBL team.

I don't like the idea of increasing the internationals. I am struggling to maintain interest as it is and having more people form other countries who I don't give two hoots about would make it less interesting for me.

I don't like the idea of increasing the internationals. I am struggling to maintain interest as it is and having more people form other countries who I don't give two hoots about would make it less interesting for me.
ADELAIDE STRIKERS
Mahela Jayawardena - great of the game
Adil Rashid - the best spinner in this edition of the BB

BRISBANE HEAT
Samuel Badree - a great T20 record
Lendl Simmons - having a poor tournament, fair enough

HOBART HURRICANES
Darren Sammy - a big hitter, hasn't hit his straps in this edition, but an exciting player when on
Kumar Sangakarra - great of the game

MELBOURNE RENEGADES
Dwayne Bravo - very good T20 player and one of the few Renegades in good form
Chris Gayle - the human headline and nobody hits it bigger in world cricket

MELBOURNE STARS
Kevin Pietersen - an amazing player, nuff said. Basically a great of English cricket.
Luke Wright - a good T20 player who has been consistently effective for the Stars

PERTH SCORCHERS
Michael Carberry - great of the game
David Willey - competitor, never stops trying and throwing himself around

SYDNEY SIXERS
Johan Botha* - wily veteran who is handy with bat and ball
Michael Lumb - proven T20 batsman who hits it a mile

SYDNEY THUNDER
Jacques Kallis - great of the game
Andre Russell - bowling fast and hitting big. Who doesn't love this guy?

I don't really understand your mindset re: the internationals at all. How could adding more players to the sparkling list above be detrimental to the tournament/your interest in it?

ADELAIDE STRIKERS
Mahela Jayawardena - great of the game
Adil Rashid - the best spinner in this edition of the BB

BRISBANE HEAT
Samuel Badree - a great T20 record
Lendl Simmons - having a poor tournament, fair enough

HOBART HURRICANES
Darren Sammy - a big hitter, hasn't hit his straps in this edition, but an exciting player when on
Kumar Sangakarra - great of the game

MELBOURNE RENEGADES
Dwayne Bravo - very good T20 player and one of the few Renegades in good form
Chris Gayle - the human headline and nobody hits it bigger in world cricket

MELBOURNE STARS
Kevin Pietersen - an amazing player, nuff said. Basically a great of English cricket.
Luke Wright - a good T20 player who has been consistently effective for the Stars

PERTH SCORCHERS
Michael Carberry - great of the game
David Willey - competitor, never stops trying and throwing himself around

SYDNEY SIXERS
Johan Botha* - wily veteran who is handy with bat and ball
Michael Lumb - proven T20 batsman who hits it a mile

SYDNEY THUNDER
Jacques Kallis - great of the game
Andre Russell - bowling fast and hitting big. Who doesn't love this guy?

I don't really understand your mindset re: the internationals at all. How could adding more players to the sparkling list above be detrimental to the tournament/your interest in it?

I would rather see more young Aussies players get a go rather than watch international guns for hire.

I would rather see more young Aussies players get a go rather than watch international guns for hire.
Young guns like Wells, Green and Lalor?

There is space for more. Look at Perth anyway, it isn't though teams are obliged to play their internationals (Carberry) ahead of youngsters (Turner).

Bit of a disappointing crowd last night. For a sellout only to just get a crowd over 43k. Thought it would have been much closer to 50k.

footy has this issue as well. A punter wants a ticket and cant get one, yet thousands with memberships (med club) dont turn up. Not sure what can be done about it realistically?

It really hurts the venue with footy - level 2 is the marquee level and very evident from TV angles, yet it always the thinnest of crowds.

NZ, South Africa, and the sub continent teams all have their cricket season same time as the BBL. A 3rd international would have to be an associate or from a non touring England/WI/sub continent team. There's plenty of good associates to go around.

Maybe just make it so associate players don't count as internationals, then hopefully there are enough bowlers in particular from those nations to help out sides such as the Renegades and Heat.
ten Doeschate would be a good local to have.

Back