BBL04 FINAL: Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he's just clean bowled two batsmen in a row, to possibly win the game and the title, in his final ever over, and he's not allowed to be majorly pumped up in that moment? Please...
Sure, but getting right in the face of the batsman you just dismissed is still a dick move.

Should also be noted that the best result Lee could achieve at that stage was holding on for a super over, not winning.

Last edited:

Ahem.

EAD Brett Lee. (No fairytale.)
EAD Moises Henriques. (Missed the return for the run out.)
EAD Doug Bollinger. (Bowled tripe & stood outside the circle.)
EAD Riki Wessels and Michael Lumb. (Rubbish batting early on, basically set their team up to fail.)

Get him up here I wanna boof him Shaun Marsh.
Get him up here I wanna boof him Yasir Arafat.
Get him up here I wanna boof him Michael Carberry.

That is all.

In all seriousness it was a fantastic final 5 overs, I thought we were going to win and lose bloody 5 times. Funny pitch, hard to bat on until you're set.

The game was pretty much won and lost in the powerplay for each team. We conserved wickets and ticked along, while the Sixers played rubbish hacks across the line. The platform really allowed us to open up in the last 5.

i detect some hatred of michael beer. what did the proud west aussie do?

Nah, good luck to him.

It's the way things go with franchise teams, good players are going to get better offers to switch teams. I think Beer has had a great tournament this year and certainly enhanced his reputation. I think most of us can appreciate good performances, even if it's not in the coloured shirt we'd prefer.

Nah, good luck to him.

It's the way things go with franchise teams, good players are going to get better offers to switch teams. I think Beer has had a great tournament this year and certainly enhanced his reputation. I think most of us can appreciate good performances, even if it's not in the coloured shirt we'd prefer.

a sensible, mature and common sense post. should not be made on bigfooty.

franchise teams - its a good point you make. players will move around with loyalty and playing for the shirt not even a tertiary thought. which brings into question. if WA win the shield will it be a trifecta as the franchise that won the T20BBL is not affiliated with WACA cricket?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, but getting right in the face of the batsman you just dismissed is still a dick move.

Well NCN was the chainsaw dismissal, and Lee wasn't anything close to 'in his face' during that celebration (a brief stare at his back as he was walking off?), he was just generally pumped. And he didn't even look at Whiteman after the next one. Not sure what you could take offence at from what he did.

Hate him for being Not One Of Us by all means, but there was no dick behaviour during that over.

Well NCN was the chainsaw dismissal, and Lee wasn't anything close to 'in his face' during that celebration (a brief stare at his back as he was walking off?), he was just generally pumped. And he didn't even look at Whiteman after the next one. Not sure what you could take offence at from what he did.

Hate him for being Not One Of Us by all means, but there was no dick behaviour during that over.

Nah he gave it to Whiteman big time.

I can understand him being pumped but giving it to the bloke was a bit of a dick move. Could've celebrated without the send off.

yes.

michael beer moved to WA to play cricket. He wore the colours of WACA. He is thus a west australian. when he was selected to play for Australia, he was deemed a west aussie and west aussies celebrated the selection of one of their own

a sensible, mature and common sense post. should not be made on bigfooty.

franchise teams - its a good point you make. players will move around with loyalty and playing for the shirt not even a tertiary thought. which brings into question. if WA win the shield will it be a trifecta as the franchise that won the T20BBL is not affiliated with WACA cricket?

Have a look at the Perth Scorchers squad

Code:
#. Player            Shefield Shield    State
1. Shaun Marsh       Western Australia  WA
2. Michael Klinger   Western Australia  VIC
3. Adam Voges        Western Australia  WA
4. Michael Carberry  International Player
5. Ashton Turner     Western Australia  WA
6. Sam Whiteman      Western Australia  WA
7. Nathan C-Nile     Western Australia  WA
8. Yasir Arafat      International Player
9. Andrew Tye        Western Australia  WA
10.Jason Behrendorff Western Australia  ACT* (played entire FC and LA career for WA and entire T20 career for Perth)
11.Brad Hogg         Western Australia  WA

12.Ashton Agar       Western Australia  VIC* (played entire FC and LA career for WA and entire T20 career for Perth)
13.Marcus Harris     Western Australia  WA
14.Matt Dixon        Western Australia  WA
15.James Muirhead    Victoria           VIC

And the same coach.

Plus of course Craig Simmons, Katich and Mitch Marsh are all western australian.

And Joel Paris and Simon Mackin

yes.

michael beer moved to WA to play cricket. He wore the colours of WACA. He is thus a west australian. when he was selected to play for Australia, he was deemed a west aussie and west aussies celebrated the selection of one of their own

Nope. He's still a VIC who happens to play for WA.

Just as Chris Rogers is Western Australian

so you are saying that the perth side, which contains non West Aussies, is an entity on it's own

No.

But playing for WA does not make you Western Australian. But the WA Shield side is still the side that represents Western Australia.

And the Perth squad which is functionally the same as the WA shield side (+Muirhead, Hogg and the two internationals) is a Western Australian team that represents Western Australia and is mostly Western Australian and I'm pretty sure is owned by the WACA anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back