BBL04 FINAL: Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers

Remove this Banner Ad

so you are saying that the perth side, which contains non West Aussies, is an entity on it's own

I'm not sure why you're arguing this, but it is more or less a WA team, and everyone at the WACA will treat it as such.

Muirhead is the only Australian that plays for another state. Everyone else plays for WA. The coach is the WA coach, the captain is the WA captain, they have the same home ground, they're run by the WACA...

I'm not sure why you're arguing this, but it is more or less a WA team, and everyone at the WACA will treat it as such.

Muirhead is the only Australian that plays for another state. Everyone else plays for WA. The coach is the WA coach, the captain is the WA captain, they have the same home ground, they're run by the WACA...

im not arguing. im merely asking the question because this season we may have the first team based in one location winning at 3 comps.

WA - Matador cup
WA - possibly S Shield
Perth

could the WACA lay claim to the first triple?

I think the fact that the Perth Scorchers are essentially the same team as WA's shield and one day sides gives Perth an underrated advantage over the seven franchises who only play and train with each other for like two months a year.

that is true. if you maintain the same players over all formats you create a culture and camaraderie that is intangible

im not arguing. im merely asking the question because this season we may have the first team based in one location winning at 3 comps.

WA - Matador cup
WA - possibly S Shield
Perth

Yeah. Same players, same coach and the WACA operates both teams.

Panicked! Just needed to lob it over the stumps. Why we had no super over (sixers would of probably won)
It wasn't a terrible throw. A fairly good one with the pressure he was under. Henriques made it look far more difficult than it was

For those arguing the sixers would have won the Super Over.

arafat_shhh-340x161.jpg

It wasn't a terrible throw. A fairly good one with the pressure he was under. Henriques made it look far more difficult than it was
It was the worst throw possible, he bounced it when there was no need. Its off to a fielding master class for both of you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WA - Matador cup
WA - possibly S Shield
Perth

Victoria already have the treble.

Lee said it himself.

Correct. Lee pulled a hamstring after he bowled the final ball of the game. Funnily enough it's the only hamstring he has done in his entire career.

And the throw to Henriques was fine, it bounced right over the stumps and all Henriques had to do was take the ball and whip the bails off. In the end he spent it before he had it and as they say the rest is history.

I'll stand corrected but a bunch of western australians who have absolutely no idea about fielding claiming something and can't provide a reference, doesn't really do it for me.

I'll stand corrected but a bunch of western australians who have absolutely no idea about fielding claiming something and can't provide a reference, doesn't really do it for me.

Well you could just use a search engine and type in 'Brett Lee hamstring', but I'll do you a favour.

"I said [to someone] 'the last ball of my career, I'll rip my hammy off the bone and I reckon I've done it'," he said. "I don't know if I could've bowled the super over because I have tweaked my hammy. I've never done a hamstring in my life ... 21 years of fast bowling, I've tweaked my hammy."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...sixers-in-big-bash-final-20150128-130iei.html

Haha yeah okay. Lucky Henriques didn't have to hold the microphone at the presentation as he probably would have fumbled that as well.

Is this coming from the person who thinks Atlantis actually existed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back