BBL04 Game 27 - Sydney Sixers v Adelaide Strikers @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should the team that earns a home final travel?

A neutral final is more than fine, it is the best of a bad situation in a WC year which hasn't happened since 1992 in Australia. Don't worry you can host the final next season!

You just stated in your previous post that Manuka was unsuitable, you need to check your facts before opening your cakehole

I said Manuka was the best of a very ordinary bunch. I said Allan Border Field, North Sydney and Bankstown would be unsuitable. Plus at least Canberra is as neutral as humanly possible. One could have the Sixers come 4th and have a 'final' at NSO. Not fair. Play it at Canberra. Canberra don't get enough cricket.

You mean like the way we have to pay for accomodation going to the AFL Final, or the NRL Final for interstate people. Most sports have neutral finals. The WACA is in the same boat, they will be preparing the WC pitch or warmup for WC pitches. Either way they don't need a T20 as well.
Yes exactly what I mean. A HELL of a lot of people can't go to those events because of that said reason.

Let's not forget the ground they are playing at holds 13k. Great atmosphere for a final.

So what's the difference between playing ODI's at the WACA on 30th Jan and 1st Feb and a T20 final on the 28th of Jan?

A neutral final is more than fine, it is the best of a bad situation in a WC year which hasn't happened since 1992 in Australia. Don't worry you can host the final next season!

But why can Canberra host it?

When they're also hosting world cup games?

There is literally no reason why Canberra can host it and Adelaide and Perth can't

Yes exactly what I mean. A HELL of a lot of people can't go to those events because of that said reason.

Let's not forget the ground they are playing at holds 13k. Great atmosphere for a final.

So what's the difference between playing ODI's at the WACA on 30th Jan and 1st Feb and a T20 final on the 28th of Jan?

Manuka can probably get up to 20k one would assume. If you are desperate to go you can go to the game. Pitches are different for ODI's than T20's. Curators need time to prepare these pitches. You can host a home prelim, you can travel if need be. Canberra deserve a team anyway, you get plenty of matches in Adelaide.

There is literally no reason why Canberra can host it and Adelaide and Perth can't
This was my next point.

I said Manuka was the best of a very ordinary bunch. I said Allan Border Field, North Sydney and Bankstown would be unsuitable. Plus at least Canberra is as neutral as humanly possible. One could have the Sixers come 4th and have a 'final' at NSO. Not fair. Play it at Canberra. Canberra don't get enough cricket.
Manuka can probably get up to 20k one would assume. If you are desperate to go you can go to the game. Pitches are different for ODI's than T20's. Curators need time to prepare these pitches. You can host a home prelim, you can travel if need be. Canberra deserve a team anyway, you get plenty of matches in Adelaide.
Not everyone can afford to travel mate, lots of families on tight budgets

Canberra have less important games, if you stuff up a QF pitch because you have had a T20 on it the backlash would be so big it wouldn't be funny. Good reason, prepare the pitch...and try for a non road for once, although we all expect it in a ODI.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Canberra have less important games, if you stuff up a QF pitch because you have had a T20 on it the backlash would be so big it wouldn't be funny. Good reason, prepare the pitch...and try for a non road for once, although we all expect it in a ODI.

Stuffed up a QF because of a T20 game a month earlier?

lol

Actually why did Adelaide lose the Australia Day game?

Not everyone can afford to travel mate, lots of families on tight budgets
Don't forget the game is on Wednesday. WEDNESDAY. I'm not that smart but I reckon a few people work on Wednesday's.

We don't have a QF game

Don't forget the game is on Wednesday. WEDNESDAY. I'm not that smart but I reckon a few people work on Wednesday's.

People have leave, and it is such a minor thing, it is one game. Pack the house that is what the players would want. No team 'deserves' a home final. If you are good enough you deserve to make it but histing depends on the year. This is a 1 year in 20 type of thing. It happens, move on.

People have leave, and it is such a minor thing, it is one game. Pack the house that is what the players would want. No team 'deserves' a home final. If you are good enough you deserve to make it but histing depends on the year. This is a 1 year in 20 type of thing. It happens, move on.
If you finish top, you DO deserve a home final. This has always been the case for Australian Domestic competitions.

Wednesday afternoon/night in Canberra goes OFF
Can't wait to fly to Canberra, see a Big Bash final and then go hit the town on a glorious Wednesday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back