Opinion BD3

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 15, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fulham FC, Real Madrid
i think it may be time that Lids becomes a permanent forward who pinch hits in the guts, and not the other way around. His calf/achilles is not 100% and hasn't been for a while now, we have some very good midfielders, and with Titch becoming an important cog in the guts, Lids can now be sat in the goal square where he is so damaging.

i just feel now is the best time make this move to improve our forward line 100%.
Thoughts?

Think he pretty much is nowadays - & I agree, will be the guy who ices many games for us in the next 5 years or so.
Gee I hope he can stay fit as much as possible.
A 70% fit Deledio is almost our most important player IMO.

Dude is a Ferrari!

wholesale-discount-la-martina-ferrari-italia-number-3-am195qc-polo-shirts-men-clothing-fashion-clothes-accessories-and-polo-shir.jpg

Forward is by far his most natural position. Leave him there I say. Would rather he have 18 touches but have 7 shots at goal as opposed to 30 touches but 2 shots at goal.
He's a gun wherever he plays.
But I like him in the forward line. Such a tough matchup and so skilled.

Love him forward, his hands are some of the strongest in the league, especially on the lead. Has a beautiful kick too so he finishes more often than not. Provides a point of difference for us in the forward line, very tough match up

I agree, we need him on the park as much as possible, if that means he spends more time in the forward line and pinch hits in the middle, fine by me. If that means Dusty plays more midfield, fine by me again. Get Dusty back to being an inside mid and we won't want him to get out of the middle.

i think it may be time that Lids becomes a permanent forward who pinch hits in the guts, and not the other way around. His calf/achilles is not 100% and hasn't been for a while now, we have some very good midfielders, and with Titch becoming an important cog in the guts, Lids can now be sat in the goal square where he is so damaging.

i just feel now is the best time make this move to improve our forward line 100%.
Thoughts?
Great post. I think he's pretty much unstoppable one on one in the forward 50. Remember, he won't get third man up because that will go to Jack and Griff/Ty (although he beat 3 players on the weekend to give Cotch a handball:)). Not only is his contested marking elite.......but the blow jobs who talk about Fyfe like he's a superstar don't understand to be a superstar you have to be an A grade kick as well as a good mark and ball magnet.

Lids is not an A grade kick he is an elite kick.......... Fyfe is a B grade kick(still got the bruise marks on his neck from the GF :D).

To win games you need to finish the work of the midfielders by kicking goals. Jack and Lids in the forward line are two players who not only like to kick goals but they want to kick goals........they want to own the moment.

This move will be great for the team but even better for Lid's and his standing in the game.

If lids is required to play the majority of the game out of the goal square, then that changes the dynamics of the forward line and the 'other' resting mid strategy. It worked well in the latter part of the Pies game, but i'm sure teams will cotton onto the idea, and put strategies in place to deal with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lids playing forward works at its best when we move the ball quick to an open forward line. Leaves his defender for dead when there's space to put the ball in front of him on the lead. Such a lovely kick from around 50 too

He's me new whipping boy :D

Hes had an average year, no doubting that. Needs to step it up before he is labelled as being overrated

Think they've realized the forwardline is where he is most damaging, will pinch hit in the centre and go down back at times but mainly play forward.
With Titch/Cotch/Dusty rotating forward we have plenty of avenues to goal to go with the 3 talls/Morris McDonna.

Thoughts?
been wanting this for a few years now.
I think we have the midfield to allow it now and i think it will take us forward think if vick and griff fire in their own right then you have jack lids with 2 smaller players and our mids can hit the delivery very potent forward line. With sort forward line we can change who is in the goal square have sides really guessing. It will still come down to delivery though. ie second qtr last week do that and we will be gf prospects but it is an If at the moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back