Opinion Beams deal reviewed - incoming players (bumped, see post #672)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely its a win/win. De Goey and Crisp have probably exceeded expectations this year and Greenwood will make us a better team, but would Brisbane give back Beams to get them? Doubt it

Surely its a win/win. De Goey and Crisp have probably exceeded expectations this year and Greenwood will make us a better team, but would Brisbane give back Beams to get them? Doubt it

Yeah agree with this

Nope - I think all teams would of done that Trade for Beams.

Problem was that Lions Overrated there List

I've thought all along that the Beams deal was great for a team that was moving into their premiership window.

Here's a 25 year old at the prime of his career, he's 2-3 years away before there's any down turn at all which is perfect for a team about to have a crack at a flag.

The problem is the Lions aren't anywhere near it, in fact they are further away now then when they recruited him.

It wasn't entirely their fault either, Beams was forced upon them a bit, and in the end they over paid just a little.

Long term we will win the trade, mainly because of De Goey and Crisp, but Beams will win multiple best and fairests up there.

Nope - I think all teams would of done that Trade for Beams.

Problem was that Lions Overrated there List

They certainly did. Funny how things turn out sometimes isn't it, who would have thought that Crisp would have a better year than most/all of those guys they didn't want to give us. Almost makes you think there may be a silver lining to our current losing streak at some point in the future

Bumping this thread because Beams is out for the rest of the year.

Here's the comparison as it stands;

Brisbane got;

Dayne Beams, Beams 2015 stats; 16 games, 28 disposals on average, 10 goals.
Pick 67- used on Josh Watts 0 games

Colingwood got;

Pick 5 - used on Jordan De Goey; 12 games, average 13 possessions, can't judge on first year though
Pick 25 - used to get Levi Greenwood; 3 games, avg 19 disposal
Jack Crisp - 17 games, avg disposals 22, 13 goals (more then Beams)

Obviously we still have potentially 15 more games left in those 3 players this season, but at the moment it's pretty clear who won this trade, even for season 2015.
3 good players do not equate to one AA quality player if you want win flags. if you want to get out of the bottom 4 then that's a different story. We didn't win the trade we got what we could for a player we really needed. De Goey is swing in the deal. It all depend on whether he end up serviceable v excellent/AA quality.

3 good players do not equate to one AA quality player if you want win flags. if you want to get out of the bottom 4 then that's a different story. We didn't win the trade we got what we could for a player we really needed. De Goey is swing in the deal. It all depend on whether he end up serviceable v excellent/AA quality.
We weren't winning the flag this year, or next with Beams

Long term we will win the trade, mainly because of De Goey and Crisp, but Beams will win multiple best and fairests up there.

With the Team they have at the Moment. That would not be Hard;)

Both teams won

Never thought I'd have said this when the trade went down but yeah, I agree. The only issue for Brisbane is that Beams might be developing some injury problems between this and 2013 I think it was? Who knows, time will tell.

People on this board clearly overreact given the emergence of De Goey and Crisp and that's fair enough! :D

Never thought I'd have said this when the trade went down but yeah, I agree. The only issue for Brisbane is that Beams might be developing some injury problems between this and 2013 I think it was? Who knows, time will tell.

People on this board clearly overreact given the emergence of De Goey and Crisp and that's fair enough! :D

and You could Say as well Adams playing such a Great Season as Beams is not playing that Postion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea...injury... *wink*

We won't see him again this season, going in for surgery apparently to fix that shoulder.
Funny how being the number 1 man, day in, day out, attracts more attention, especially off the ball and getting slammed into the ground.

He's body will be shot by the time he's 30.

Still, the trade was a clear win/win. It's a shame Brisbane fans don't see it that way or they wouldn't be so bitter towards us.

Dayne Beams has only had one more AA quality season than any of the others... And it was three years ago now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back