Opinion Beams deal reviewed - incoming players (bumped, see post #672)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a bunch of hypocrites they are, whinging on there board that they better get a top 10 pick if aish leaves. If I remember correctly on our board during the beams trade they were saying that when a player nominates a club you never get fair compensation. So if aish nominates one club a 4th rounder should do it lol.

They arent quite in full meltdown mode yet but getting there. Here are some good bits from the last couple of pages of their Aish thread. Wouldnt usually find this funny but in light of their smugness during the Beams trade it makes pretty fun reading

After some thought, maybe we need to make an example out of him. I do want something good for him but we can't let these players go home straight away. If he wants a trade anywhere, then that is fine, we can get a good trade out of it through a Victorian club or something.
If he nominates a club specifially, l think he needs to go to PSD. It would suck short term but long term hopefully it works out by stopping kids who think they can stay at ours for 2 years then go back to mommy.

Seriously sick of this s**t. Send him to the PSD, we need to make a statement, enough is enough, screw him.

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but if we were to lose Aish, where would that place the club in terms of requesting a priority pick?
As I understand, there is no specific criteria, it is just at the afl's discretion.
Surely our potential situation of losing our top end talent equates to melbourne just being consistently ordinary, they didn't lose their talent, just failed to develop them

Conspiracy theory time: We drafted Aish purposely to demonstrate the power of the go-home factor. Expect a retention allowance in some form in 2016.

They arent quite in full meltdown mode yet but getting there. Here are some good bits from the last couple of pages of their Aish thread. Wouldnt usually find this funny but in light of their smugness during the Beams trade it makes pretty fun reading

Hahahaha what a bunch of hypocrites. Knobs on that board.

Karma is a bitch Lions supporters.

If Aish walks and wants to return to SA I hope he chooses Port and only Port as like Brisbane and Beams they were pretty ruthless with Ryder. I'd imagine it would only be a late first round pick on offer. It would be fun to see.

What would be funnier is if he requested a trade to the 'pies. Given most thought pick 5 and Aish was right for Beams and we instead got 5, 25 (67 = Crisp) I'd offer up a second round pick for laughs. If things get ASADAed we could always sweeten the deal with a couple of Queenlanders who might be on their way out of the club. ;)

If Aish walks and wants to return to SA I hope he chooses Port and only Port as like Brisbane and Beams they were pretty ruthless with Ryder. I'd imagine it would only be a late first round pick on offer. It would be fun to see.

What would be funnier is if he requested a trade to the 'pies. Given most thought pick 5 and Aish was right for Beams and we instead got 5, 25 (67 = Crisp) I'd offer up a second round pick for laughs. If things get ASADAed we could always sweeten the deal with a couple of Queenlanders who might be on their way out of the club. ;)

On early season form from Adelaide, it seems neither SA club will have an early pick to offer Brisbane.

Geez I hope he chooses us, and wants to join the SA Pies boys!

Ok let's dream now for a second. Aish picks us and we give Brisbane our first rounder. We then pick up Dangerfield as a free agent. Boom

Although I do find Aish wanting out quite funny after what happened last year, I also think it is pretty rich for a rookie to demand to go to one club so soon after being drafted - *cough* Buckley *cough*

Ok let's dream now for a second. Aish picks us and we give Brisbane our first rounder. We then pick up Dangerfield as a free agent. Boom

Although I do find Aish wanting out quite funny after what happened last year, I also think it is pretty rich for a rookie to demand to go to one club so soon after being drafted - *cough* Buckley *cough*

Then Buddy demands to go to us for a 3rd rounder

has he shown enough to demand a first round pick?
He has. But that doesn't mean they will get it. In fact, id bet if he leaves unless its Adelaide's or Port's pick 15 or whatever they won't get a first round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aish >>>>>>>> Freeman IMO.

If we had pick 10 this year, I would give it up for him. Obviously you would try to play hardball in this scenario, but he would definitely be worth it in an average draft.

Has Christensen always been that bad? I can't remember him being quite so divey at the Cats.
I assume Zorko is still rolling around in the forward pocket at the gabba as well from our game after being gutshot, which is why I didn't notice him against North the other day.

Aish >>>>>>>> Freeman IMO.

If we had pick 10 this year, I would give it up for him. Obviously you would try to play hardball in this scenario, but he would definitely be worth it in an average draft.

Freeman was Injured last season so how can you Say for Sure Aish is Miles ahead of Freeman.

Freeman was Injured last season so how can you Say for Sure Aish is Miles ahead of Freeman.
I would think the fact that Aish has already played 21 games when drafted at the same time naturally puts him a fair way ahead of Freeman at this point in time.

I would think the fact that Aish has already played 21 games when drafted at the same time naturally puts him a fair way ahead of Freeman at this point in time.

Well - Know one Knows how good Freeman will be yet.

Could then they Scharanberg is a Bust then:rolleyes:

You're right, no one does know. But we have a fair indication of Aish, thats why I said at this point in time he is ahead, doesn't mean it can't change.

Scharenberg is the same, no one knows until he comes back to the game, theres every chance that after the foot problems and the ACL he could never reach the heights he looked destined to reach in his under age years.

You're right, no one does know. But we have a fair indication of Aish, thats why I said at this point in time he is ahead, doesn't mean it can't change.

Scharenberg is the same, no one knows until he comes back to the game, theres every chance that after the foot problems and the ACL he could never reach the heights he looked destined to reach in his under age years.

Well - It is Unfair but yeah Aish is ahead at the Moment. Lot can change in 2-3 years time

U dont think they were adult enough to make up their own minds?
Dale Thomas and Heath Shaw? I certainly don't think so. The others are up for debate except for Chris Dawes. On face value Dawes would seem to have the requisite intelligence and ability to think independently.

Aish was rated substantially higher than Freeman even before they were drafted. It's pretty much unanimous that the two are on different levels skill-wise, Aish is silk whilst Freeman is more a blue collar work horse.

That's not to say Aish will have a better career than Freeman, but Aish was, and still is rated a lot higher at this point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back