Opinion Beams deal reviewed - incoming players (bumped, see post #672)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If pickering is leaking Aish is interested in the pies, Aish is a certainty not to be a pie.

Pickering does a great job for his clients but f**** everyone else.

aish to carlton in the psd with no compensation to the bears.

bears to complain to afl that they need player retention assistance on top of their zone seletions in the draft and their afl marketing payments received outside the salary cap.

As it turns out, I'm becoming more and more chuffed having gotten Crisp, Greenwood and De Goey for Beams. All in all, thanks Dayne, alls well that ends well.

Crisp has actually become really important with his presence and hard body in the midfield. He's similar in size to Pendles but also has a burst of speed which gives us that different mix.

Also, I think he's overtaken Caff to the point where he'll struggle to get back in the team. Crisp can lock down but also win his own ball.

As it turns out, I'm becoming more and more chuffed having gotten Crisp, Greenwood and De Goey for Beams. All in all, thanks Dayne, alls well that ends well.

Crisp has actually become really important with his presence and hard body in the midfield. He's similar in size to Pendles but also has a burst of speed which gives us that different mix.

Also, I think he's overtaken Caff to the point where he'll struggle to get back in the team. Crisp can lock down but also win his own ball.

Yep... Crisp Adams Broomhead Freeman Kennedy... I really see no spot for Macaffer in the team again especially as he won't be back till his best till 2017 realistically.

Losing Beams has had no Change to how good we are
No matter how hard we all try there is no getting over the fact Beams is and was a fukin good player.
We are not St Kilda fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams was never a link up player in the middle, strictly a roost forward or opportunist goal-sneak. Never worked hard both ways or linked up well in transition. Good riddance to bad rubbish, smug flog who wasn't flash in finals and owes us legal money.

Did you say that to the Brisbane fans when they offered us a first rounder and crisp? I get people are angry at players that leave but its amazing how much peoples opinion on how good a player is is dependent on which team he plays for.

Wish we had crisp thread. And not.a thread about a player that has no link to us.

Beams he was a great attacking player but doesn't run both ways and that doesn't fit in with Buckley's pressure game plan

To win games these days you need your whole best 22 following a structure or it just falls over come game day

I love Crisp. You can just tell he's going to become elite. He's got the penetrating kick, speed, big hard body, positional sense and clean hands. He'll become a cleaner kick and more of a ball magnet over time and become a major, major asset

When there's a contested situation and he's in the vicinity, it's obvious that somehow he's going to bust out of there with the ball. HE should have been an untouchable. We're going to have a midfield full of hard c**ts when Greenwood comes back. Thanks Leppa!!

Crisp has been in our best players every round so far. Guy Mckenna gave him 2 votes in ANZAC day game.
He is a kid that has just played 22 games.
I do not know how he was overlooked in the draft because he was a rookie pick up.
He won B&F at Murray Bushrangers.
A guy called Rockliff was also overlooked and picked up by the Bears in the PSD.
Seems the Bears have an eye for unwanted talent.
This time they have stuffed up big time though.

I'm not saying beams has done nothing for brissy, he is averaging 28 posies and will continue to be good for his career, he may not kick as many goals up there as he is in a team that struggle to score, but the way I'm looking at it is if crisp continues to play the footy he has been he will at least be a solid B grade player this year, greenwood is a solid B+ player, you could argue his numbers were A grade last year but he probably isn't in the elite category, and de goey the early signs are he has A grade potential. So if all goes well we could have 2 B grade players and an A grader, with the potential two of them being A graders. All this for losing an A grader, although beams is elite. But in hindsight we have not lost this trade that's for sure. But we still do need to let it playout, especially to see what crisp and de goey become

Gift of the grabHerald Sun – 06/05/15 Jon Ralph “As it turns out, Jack Crisp - part of the steak-knives element of a deal that also included Levi Greenwood and pick No. 5 (Jordan De Goey) - has been just as effective as the new Brisbane Lion. Dayne Beams has fought against the tide at Brisbane averaging 28 touches. Crisp has had career highs in touches (20), inside 50s (5), tackles (5) and clearances (3). We also like the look of De Goey, while Levi Greenwood has been out with an ankle injury and is yet to make his debut as a Magpie -

Bumping this thread because Beams is out for the rest of the year.

Here's the comparison as it stands;

Brisbane got;

Dayne Beams, Beams 2015 stats; 16 games, 28 disposals on average, 10 goals.
Pick 67- used on Josh Watts 0 games

Colingwood got;

Pick 5 - used on Jordan De Goey; 12 games, average 13 possessions, can't judge on first year though
Pick 25 - used to get Levi Greenwood; 3 games, avg 19 disposal
Jack Crisp - 17 games, avg disposals 22, 13 goals (more then Beams)

Obviously we still have potentially 15 more games left in those 3 players this season, but at the moment it's pretty clear who won this trade, even for season 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back