Opinion Beams should man up and become a leader.

Remove this Banner Ad

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Beams was just on air and said we need to get the next two games out of the way and focus on next year. How is that any sort of message for the guys going in to the game this week?
Beams needs to step up and become a leader again in 2015.

Just saw that too; was actually footage following his injury the week before, but totally inappropriate to seemingly pack it in when there's even a tiny glimmer of hope left.

Am hoping it was just a bit of his disappointment coming through and maybe the words just slipped out accidentally.

I too rate him as potentially a Hodge style on field leader, and hope he steps up to leadership group in off season as we really need him.

I think we should be looking to Pendles, Beams, now Sidebottom, Williams and possibly Cloke as our 2015 leaders. Keeffe and Young probably go.

Langdon and Adams should also be put on leadership mentoring programs, looking to move in in a year or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SEN rumour says he's off to Brisbane on 800k a year to play with his brother.
Pies to get pick 4 in the 2014 draft in exchange.
If we let him go, it'd be biggest mistake by the club in a long time. Rolls Royce in a midfield that is seemingly getting shallower by the minute.

And as we've seen with Scharenberg, high picks guarantee you nothing.

If we let him go, it'd be biggest mistake by the club in a long time. Rolls Royce in a midfield that is seemingly getting shallower by the minute.

And as we've seen with Scharenberg, high picks guarantee you nothing.
I don't think we will let him go it might be more of a case he wants to go back to QLD.
IF he does you'd hope we get some mighty decent compo. Pick 4 and a player would be handy. Getting two for the price of one could help bolster the future.

Not going to read too much into a comment made by a guy in a doorstop interview the morning after just copping a serious injury in what was perhaps the worst night in a H&A season in decades.

Wasn't a great comment, but whatever. I don't think it necessarily reflects much about how he is around the club or onfield.

It would be just our luck that someone will nominate Moore with pick 1,2 or 3
Well if they did would it be the end of the world. We'd still have pick 4 so if Moore went pick 1 and Peracca pick 2 to Dees who would you take with pick 4? GWS wouldn't take Moore with Pick 3 considering they have Boyd Patton Cameron Stewart..
Also we'd still have pick 11 or so if Moore went earlier.

If Beams is unhappy, and he does go to the Lions for $, it would be better than us losing him over FA.

If we get pick 4, plus something else we like, does it mean that we may open up some cash to lure Dangerfield via FA?

Pies lose Beams
Gain
Dangerfield, pick 4 and sweetener (second rounder/ player (Lewis Taylor?)/ second round upgrade?), Darcy Moore.
We could still have a play at Gartlett in the second round?

I feel like talking about trades for Beams is a little premature when there doesnt seem to be any substance to the rumour hes leaving. Having said that I would like Aish and their second rounder

A certain poster on Nicks who has connections to his father & lives in Queensland said that Beams had already instructed his manager to commence contract extention negotiations with the club to avoid the distractions & innuendo. He loves it at the club. Wont be leaving & I for one am stoked he feels that way. Vital player in our midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back