Opinion Beams should man up and become a leader.

Mar 23, 2010
Section 24 subsection B3 JUST GOT REPEALED.
AFL Club
Collingwood
A certain poster on Nicks who has connections to his father & lives in Queensland said that Beams had already instructed his manager to commence contract extention negotiations with the club to avoid the distractions & innuendo. He loves it at the club. Wont be leaving & I for one am stoked he feels that way. Vital player in our midfield.

At what stage do the beams rumours cease ? Would be amazed if he left.

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
A certain poster on Nicks who has connections to his father & lives in Queensland said that Beams had already instructed his manager to commence contract extention negotiations with the club to avoid the distractions & innuendo. He loves it at the club. Wont be leaving & I for one am stoked he feels that way. Vital player in our midfield.
It seems Beams has left it a little late to avoid the rumour and innuendo so that has been a huge fail.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Agree 100% with this frizzle. My favourite player hope is a Pie for life.
Also hope Bally goes around again his leadership is second to none.

I don't have a problem with what Beams said. He told the truth why is that a problem? Isn't that what we all thought?
I am going on Friday night with no expectations of a win, going just to show support.

My neighbours boss has exposed beams in his house, said Dayne will be traded to the Lions for Mal Michael, Craig Starcevich and one of Alan Richardsons organs that Vossy knocked out. Throwing in pick 88 to get it done.

It seems Beams has left it a little late to avoid the rumour and innuendo so that has been a huge fail.

No he hasn't. He isn't out of contract until the end of next year. It is you nuffies that start trading them off that start the innuendo.
So that's a huge fail for you, not Beams.

augie

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
If we could get back to the original topic and ignore the seemingly bi-annual Beams to Queensland speculation.

So Beams is basically saying what everyone on this Board, and every football follower I know, is saying - that the Pies won't make the 8. I understand we don't like to think our boys are admitting defeat, but is he just being realistic/feeling disappointed after a tough end to his season. I don't think he is a natural leader, and I don't think he needs to be - if everyone is a leader who is left to follow them?

On the unintended side issue I would like to see Beams man up more on the field, as I don't think he pushes back enough. But I wouldn't want him to do this if it reduced his offensive threat. GAJ aside I can't think of a better goal kicking midfielder in the competition.

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
No he hasn't. He isn't out of contract until the end of next year. It is you nuffies that start trading them off that start the innuendo.
So that's a huge fail for you, not Beams.
I never said he should be traded, I said he needs to man up and become a leader which we are crying out for then people were asking what I'd take for him if he went home which has been a strong rumour for a while. Tony Sheahan said he has been leaving for a while. I don't want to believe that either, I want him to become a leader in 2015.

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
If we could get back to the original topic and ignore the seemingly bi-annual Beams to Queensland speculation.

So Beams is basically saying what everyone on this Board, and every football follower I know, is saying - that the Pies won't make the 8. I understand we don't like to think our boys are admitting defeat, but is he just being realistic/feeling disappointed after a tough end to his season. I don't think he is a natural leader, and I don't think he needs to be - if everyone is a leader who is left to follow them?

On the unintended side issue I would like to see Beams man up more on the field, as I don't think he pushes back enough. But I wouldn't want him to do this if it reduced his offensive threat. GAJ aside I can't think of a better goal kicking midfielder in the competition.
No by manning up I mean he needs to man up and become a man and become the leader he once was. He can't afford to leave it to Pendlebury and the lesser likes.

If Beams is unhappy, and he does go to the Lions for $, it would be better than us losing him over FA.

If we get pick 4, plus something else we like, does it mean that we may open up some cash to lure Dangerfield via FA?

Pies lose Beams
Gain
Dangerfield, pick 4 and sweetener (second rounder/ player (Lewis Taylor?)/ second round upgrade?), Darcy Moore.
We could still have a play at Gartlett in the second round?

Dale Garlett? He got sent off in a final in amateur footy for trying to start a fight on the weekend.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
It would be ice if players could just man up and be a leader but unfortunately these things happen naturally.

Some folk live for a bit innuendo....regardless of reality.

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
I don't have a problem with what Beams said. He told the truth why is that a problem? Isn't that what we all thought?
I am going on Friday night with no expectations of a win, going just to show support.
He just said we need to move to 2015. No biggie. * the Hawthorn game..

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
interesting statement, " Man up and become a leader. " in many respects it would have been harder for him to decline an honoured role and admit to injury then it would be to just accept it when at the time his body wasn't right. just because he doesn't have an official title doesn't make him less of an on field leader.

DaicosianMarvels

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Another year another Beams rumour.

He is settle down in Melbourne, he has stated that he loves Melbourne. If he didn't go to the GC when they had all the money he is not going anywhere.

FFS, we are about to play a huge game on Friday night, we are two days away from it and people are creating rumors about Beams again.

Back