Maxwell110

Premiership Player
May 29, 2011
batcave
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
sc freiburg
So WWE will be airing a live event from Japan on the Network on July 4th.

NSW | 7 PM
\ VIC | 7 PM
\ TAS | 7 PM
\ ACT | 7 PM
\ QLD | 7 PM
\ SA | 6:30 PM
\ NT | 6:30 PM
\ WA | 5 PM

The current card includes:
Kevin Owens v Finn Balor for the NXT Title
Brock Lesnar v Kofi Kingston
John Cena and Dolph Ziggler v Kane and King Barrett
Lucha Dragons v New Day
Neville v Jericho
Paige v Nikki Bella v Naomi for the Divas title
Cesaro v Diego

Last edited:
I'm hoping that Kofi is facing Lesnar because he is getting a serious push and he'll win the MITB

I thought they were only showing Owens vs Balor?

Amazing if it is the whole show.
Sounds like it's not too clarified
On tonight's NXT, general manager William Regal announced that WWE will air a program live from Japan on July 4th. He also confirmed that a huge NXT Title match featuring champion Kevin Owens taking on challenger Finn Balor would be on the show. The show airs on a Saturday, which is a bit different for WWE Network specials.

It's unknown if WWE plans on airing the entire event, or if it will just be the championship match. As we noted last week, Brock Lesnar is set to return at the event, and is currently booked to face Kofi Kingston.
Regal did announce other people who will appear and it seems to be referred to as a Network Supershow a bit so I just assumed it was the entire event going on the network.

However, I just noticed that this network special will begin at 7:30 PM in Tokyo, and the event site says the show begins at 6:00 PM. So now I do think it is just the NXT title match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it is only the NXT Championship match being shown on the Network it would have to almost confirm a title change wouldn't it? Otherwise why only make the one match available unless it's to avoid having to explain that "Owens lost the title to Balor at an event in Japan" on Raw/Smackdown etc with a few still photo shots..... Which they will probably do multiple times an episode anyway though :p

I went to a wrestling show when I was in Japan. Can't remember what it was called. I get the feeling it was a pretty small cheap promotion. I wanted to see some kind of sporting event and it was either that or baseball. Baseball play offs were on so it was too hard to get a ticket. Funny thing though one of the tag teams we saw that night we then saw a few days later working in a 7-11 store

I'm so pleased they're doing this. These kinds of shows are exactly what they should be using the Network for - I'd love to see them do something similar a month later in Australia, because their research is already showing them that people are more interested in new content than the historical content.

For a lot of these international shows, they're already in impressive arenas that require good lighting; they're already fairly 'major' shows that have the 'tron and entrances.

It couldn't possibly be that hard to send a few cameras along. No one is expecting a PPV-quality production. And hey... one of my bugbears with WWE is that they've done nothing to change the presentation in nearly 20 years, so maybe they'll also give themselves some ideas if they do some more low budget telecasts.

Hopefully the Network will actually work for me when this is on, it seems to not work at night. I don't think it's my ISP's fault either because every other streaming service seems to work at night. Also, any word on who'll be replacing Kidd and Cesaro? I'd assume it'd be the PTP.
"6:00pm
Ryogoku Kokugikan
Tokyo, Japan"

That's 7pm AEST.
Ah cheers, I would have forgotten to change it from the old starting time. I'll edit that into the OP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back