Beer talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: West End out CUB in?

I reckon West End gets a bad wrap. Would rather drink than much of that low carb shite or just about any beer that comes in a clear bottle.

Corona with lime > West End with a nectarine

Corona with lime > West End with a nectarine

West End now distributes Corona too I see ....... what will we drink at Prince?

Carlton Mid, Carlton Draught, Carlton Dry, Carlton, Carlton,Carlton,Carlton,Carlton, bluuuurgh

As long as The Prince keeps tapping Tooheys Old I'm not bovvered. Picked up a carton of Beck's au spesh for $40 at a northern dive yestertag. Lew my blode.

I love West End. Out of a tap, its my beer of choice (if WE not available then Golden Ale fo' sho'). Out of a can its alright as well. Out of a bottle, its probably the worst beer going around.

Would rather drink West End than Pale.

I love West End. Out of a tap, its my beer of choice (if WE not available then Golden Ale fo' sho'). Out of a can its alright as well. Out of a bottle, its probably the worst beer going around.

Macca, I am disapoint

Agree with with this entire post. Pale is a s**t beer and it stopped being "cool" to drink it about the late 1990's about the same time Rundle Street stopped being the "cool' place to hang out.... drinking Pale. Coopers Stout on the other hand, well that's entirely different....

West End really is the beer of the Port and I for one hope we maintain a relationship with them over some Victorian/American interloper (yes, yes I know West End is owned by the Japanese)

Theres something about Coopers Pale which means I cant drink a lot of it. 1 pint and im bloated as Relton Roberts and searching for some quik-eze. Doesnt agree with me at all. Havent drunk it in a couple of years. I dont get that with any other Pale like Little Creatures or St Arnou or Unicorn.

If Beer was human it would drink West End. Its Beers Beer. :D

Golden Ale is the best beer on the market though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with with this entire post. Pale is a s**t beer and it stopped being "cool" to drink it about the late 1990's about the same time Rundle Street stopped being the "cool' place to hang out....drinking Pale. Coopers Stout on the other hand, well that's entirely different....

West End really is the beer of the Port and I for one hope we maintain a relationship with them over some Victorian/American interloper (yes, yes I know West End is owned by the Japanese)

And it's only a coincidence this is when Tribey turned 18 and starting hanging around in Rundle Street drinking Pale, "the nostril or the sexeter?". Tribey went largely scoreless until his early 20's.

There's something to yours and M19's red can theory though. The missus' father only ever has them in the fridge and compared to the stubbies (fhe tuck was with ring pulls?!) and tap swill I was weened on as a seminal boozehound, they actually go alright.

Feel the same with Coke. Tap and bottles ordinary, icy cold Black Thunder-dispensed cans and it makes LA Ice look like Australia's Choice.

Theres something about Coopers Pale which means I cant drink a lot of it. 1 pint and im bloated as Relton Roberts and searching for some quik-eze. Doesnt agree with me at all. Havent drunk it in a couple of years. I dont get that with any other Pale like Little Creatures or St Arnou or Unicorn.

If Beer was human it would drink West End. Its Beers Beer. :D

Golden Ale is the best beer on the market though.

This crack up?

https://twitter.com/#!/Scooby_50

Quite an amusing bloke!

West End is what you drink after everything else in the esky is gone.

Including the ice !!! :p

Had dinner at the club on Wednesday night after junior training. Sussed out what will be on tap in the future. Carlton Draught already there. Light will be Cascade and cider will be Bulmers. Don't know of others at this stage.

yuuuuuuck i havent drunk west end since they sold them for 50cents a cup ( yes a plastic cup) at adelaide uni in the late 90's.

ill drink just about anything else if im not paying for it though lol

i dont believe ive ever had one or ever known anyone who has ever drunk anything from carlton. ive never even seen someone i didnt know holding a carlton bottle, never seen one lying on the ground at a party, never seen one outside of a glass cabinet. i was seriously thinking they were for display only like in a museum or something.

have drunk coopers pale quite often in the past but went off it a long time ago after realising there are other beers that dont take me an hour to digest.

now i tend to like much lighter bodied beers. usually buy sols by the carton, but only because they are dirt cheap and drink teds/ coop clear/ superdry off the tap.

is the golden ale ive heard refered to james squires golden ale??? been meaning to try that... is squires still an aussie owned???

any beer recommendations for a guy to try??? not really keen on the heavy fruity german beers.

I had a bbq once, someone left their beer in the fridge and is the rule - 24 hours and said beer is now mine to drink at my pleasure. Said beer was West End, so it stayed in the fridge for about 8 months when I had another bbq and someone was swilling on the red cans and ran out......

Moral of the story - It takes 8 months to get the rubbish cleared in some places.

As for philthy - it ain't cheap, specially in South Oz, but give Little Creatures Bright Ale a go, a lot lighter than Pale's - but a very nice tasting lightish beer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back