Beer - what do you drink?

Remove this Banner Ad

That has to be a light beer though, surely? If that's full strength I would not like to know what goes into it at that price.

Nah. 5%. It was brewed by an NZ brewery I believe.

When you control every step of the process you can keep prices down. Aldi also has very good wine for $5

Nah. 5%. It was brewed by an NZ brewery I believe.

When you control every step of the process you can keep prices down. Aldi also has very good wine for $5
What do you mean by this? I just can't fathom a decent beer can be sold for a $1.25 a bottle when you factor in excise and gst, cost of material, water, packaging etc etc. Even if that was cost price that is insane.
I unfortunately was in a position where the only beer on offer was a Carlton Cold which is 3.5% and costs $42 a carton and I couldn't drink it.

Aldi control everything. It is brewed only for them. They also don't have an advertising budget at all.

There was an article recently on huffpost about how their $5 Rosè was awarded best in Australia and how it could possibly be done for $5.

A similar thing would apply to their beer.

I don't know if it has already been mentioned but Knappstein Lager is rather good if a little expensive.

One of the few beers that doesn't wallop me the next day.

Debated quite hard whether to admit this but I quite enjoyed the 2% Bintang Radler beer when in Bali.

Don't know if the setting and the holiday vibe made it better than it was, but it is more drinkable
than the same-same DB Export.

Aldi control everything. It is brewed only for them. They also don't have an advertising budget at all.

There was an article recently on huffpost about how their $5 Rosè was awarded best in Australia and how it could possibly be done for $5.

A similar thing would apply to their beer.
Aldi do quite a few tv ads, not for individual products admittedly. Their wine is generally pretty good, but the beer is in my opinion ordinary. The balmain brewing pilsner they are stocking is good.

Wine is a different kettle of fish to beer. There's a relative oversupply of grapes and more favorable tax rates apply to wine than other types of liquor I believe.

Still, just drink what you enjoy and if aldi beer is what it is, then drink up!

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I don't know if it has already been mentioned but Knappstein Lager is rather good if a little expensive.

One of the few beers that doesn't wallop me the next day.

Debated quite hard whether to admit this but I quite enjoyed the 2% Bintang Radler beer when in Bali.

Don't know if the setting and the holiday vibe made it better than it was, but it is more drinkable
than the same-same DB Export.
Knappstein lager is excellent, one of my favourites. Used to recommend it lots when I worked in liquor.

I also enjoyed the bintang radler for a lunch in the Bali sun when you Dont want to get too drunk too early!

Knappstein lager is excellent, one of my favourites. Used to recommend it lots when I worked in liquor.

I also enjoyed the bintang radler for a lunch in the Bali sun when you Dont want to get too drunk too early!

You are clearly a gentleman of impeccable tastes Cartel.

Speaking of Asian beers, does anybody know if Beer Lao is still available in Oz.

It is a fine beer which you could occasionally find on your travels in Thailand.

Made a change from Singha and in my view, the awful Chang and even worse Leo!

Or just drink lemonade if you don't want to get drunk at all, it tastes the same ;)
Hey Abba...be kind.

If I Have a full strength frothie before noon I am cactus for the the rest of the day (I am ancient).

However, a Singapore Sling or two before this time are acceptable in the right company.

By the way, I hope your Magpies survive relegation despite the presence of the fetid Mike Ashley.

You and your fellow Novacastrians are a long suffering lot!

709.jpg
Find it.

Drink it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too bitter?
I don't know what it was. It could have been that it was one of the first beers I tried when I was venturing away from the standard.

It's the lowest ranked beer at our work Friday drinks. Again, could be skewed because it was one of the first. That and one bloke loved chili beer when everyone else hated it.

I don't know what it was. It could have been that it was one of the first beers I tried when I was venturing away from the standard.

It's the lowest ranked beer at our work Friday drinks. Again, could be skewed because it was one of the first. That and one bloke loved chili beer when everyone else hated it.
Its got a really high bitterness level which can be a bit of a shock if IPA's are a relatively new thing to a beer drinker. Puts most other IPA's to shame in that regard. I recommend giving it a crack later on after you've bashed a few more IPA's down.

Its got a really high bitterness level which can be a bit of a shock if IPA's are a relatively new thing to a beer drinker. Puts most other IPA's to shame in that regard. I recommend giving it a crack later on after you've bashed a few more IPA's down.
Yeah I'll give it another crack. Its been about 2 years now so my tastes have changed a fair bit.

Posted this in the things that please me thread but thought I would add it here as well.

Get home from work and the fiancée has made me an advent calendar consisting of 25 different types of beer for each day til Xmas :):thumbsu::hearts:

This was today's:

Good start so far although I like most IPA's :)

Posted this in the things that please me thread but thought I would add it here as well.

Get home from work and the fiancée has made me an advent calendar consisting of 25 different types of beer for each day til Xmas :):thumbsu:s:

This was today's:

She sounds like a good sort!

What are cricketers arms beers like? Never had them, but they are often at good prices at the major retailers

She sounds like a good sort!

What are cricketers arms beers like? Never had them, but they are often at good prices at the major retailers

She is :thumbsu:
This is the first cricketers arms I've had and loved it, so easy to drink. Because I didn't drink soft drinks as a kid I find a lot of beers too 'fizzy' and just can't drink them but this was beautiful.

Get home from work and the fiancée has made me an advent calendar consisting of 25 different types of beer for each day til Xmas :):thumbsu::hearts:

This was today's:

That. Is. Awesome. Make sure to keep up us informed :thumbsu:.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back