Discussion Beer!

Remove this Banner Ad

More often than not I reach for a Carlton Draught. Bogan, perhaps, but not as bogan as VB :D

Have had a few Boags cross my path of late, and these aren't bad either. I quite like Coopers .. the one in the red label ... but my wife doesn't like these so I don't buy them very often. Unless I don't want her to drink my beer :p

Also have had the misfortune of someone leaving a bunch of Pure Blondes at my place. Having then tried one, I realised why they were left behind. How crap are they?!?

You've raised a very serious issue in today's current environment Judge: "The left over beer". No one leaves a good beer behind - unless you're trying to impress someone.

Here's a list of stray beers in my beer fridge (most left by people who generally dont feel like they need to impress me anymore):

• VB
  • Melbourne bitter
  • Carlton draught
  • Carlton Cold (? the blue one)
  • Blondes (one naked from NT)
  • Coopers Pale Ale
  • Homebrew stout
  • Boags (mine)
  • Millers (that lime stuff)
  • Barefoot (that lime stuff)
  • Cascade light

Beers from best to worst Ive tried.

TED's
Heineken
Corona
Pure Blone
Sol
Crown
TED's Platinum
James Boags
Becks
Carlton Draught
Coopers
VB

Yeah I stick to the same few beers, rarely drink much under the top 4 lol. Unless it's free. :D

Beers from best to worst Ive tried.

TED's
Heineken
Corona
Pure Blone
Sol
Crown
TED's Platinum
James Boags
Becks
Carlton Draught
Coopers
VB

Yeah I stick to the same few beers, rarely drink much under the top 4 lol. Unless it's free. :D

Heineken and Pure Blonde in your top 4?
Ah, the youth of today :p

You've raised a very serious issue in today's current environment Judge: "The left over beer". No one leaves a good beer behind - unless you're trying to impress someone.

Surely it's rude to take your leftover beers away with you :eek:
I figure I arrive with X number of beers, and leave with 0

Unless I specifically go to one of may mate's house who doesn't drink beer, so always insists I take my leftovers

Surely it's rude to take your leftover beers away with you :eek: I figure I arrive with X number of beers, and leave with 0
True Judge. But with most of my mates we're light years past consideration of correct behaviour :p I venture to say, I could probably accuse a couple of turning up with the cheaper beer & then getting in on some of my better quality stuff! Paybacks are double though ;) *evil laugh*

True Judge. But with most of my mates we're light years past consideration of correct behaviour :p I venture to say, I could probably accuse a couple of turning up with the cheaper beer & then getting in on some of my better quality stuff! Paybacks are double though ;) *evil laugh*

You could always turn up with XXXX (lite)

Lol, yeah fair point I guess.

Theres still a lot of beers I dont like the taste of, but I can actually enjoy a Heineken and Pure Blonde, rather then just drinking beer cos it's a cheap and sociable way to get drunk. :thumbsu:

I think I'm Heinekened out
Used to drink the a lot when OS, but try and go with a local brew instead these days :thumbsu:

Ever been to a Belgian Beer Cafe?
Some of those are like drinking a meal ... and about as pricey!
The mussels are good though :thumbsu:

Haven't been for a while but in Sydney they stopped serving the monster sized Hoegaardens. Not sure if they're back on or not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that I'm overly qualified to talk about it, being pretty young but in my experience so far.

Best beer ever: Cascade First Harvest (I believe L2MFG will back me up on that)
Best beer in my price range :p : Cascade Draught
Most overrated beer: tie between Stella and any Blonde beer
Worst beer: tie between XXXX and Red Bitter

Although I will admit to still getting stuck into the Red Bitter occaisionally due to poorness.

Summer Vs Winter beer

During summer I'm happy with just about any beer, lighter flavoured beer - or even a heiny or corona - is pretty good.

Winter (or cooler month) beers for me are Cooper's Pale Ale & Boags Premium. In the cooler months quite a bit of Red wine gets a run too. A loooooot of red wine.

Not that I'm overly qualified to talk about it, being pretty young but in my experience so far.

Best beer ever: Cascade First Harvest (I believe L2MFG will back me up on that)

That's right my brother. The batch for this year has just been brewed I believed. I called up to ask when it was arriving and the girl told me it was available at 9 - 11 bottle shops. Well that's no good to me in Vic is it?!

Summer Vs Winter beer

During summer I'm happy with just about any beer, lighter flavoured beer - or even a heiny or corona - is pretty good.

Winter (or cooler month) beers for me are Cooper's Pale Ale & Boags Premium. In the cooler months quite a bit of Red wine gets a run too. A loooooot of red wine.

Oh god, red wine. We've had some experiences with that...

00239657631.jpg

Everyone knows its the Carlton Draft tingle.

Geez the censors are soft. Who cares whether the dude has a sensation downstairs. He can get out of his car and go find a knot in a tree for all I care. But I guess CUB will get even more publicity now.

Geez the censors are soft.
Only viral release - not for TV - so no media censors to worry about.

I shot this clip to a coupla mates so this evening, magically, there's beers around the firepit planned.

Here it is in tube form, I extracted the audio so it's now my ringtone :)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qJoERq9Eznc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qJoERq9Eznc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back