Discussion Beer!

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone remember Carlton Dry Fusion Black from about 2010?

That stuff was nice, I remembered the taste the other day and it brought back many good memories of that year. I don't think it's available at all anymore, but is there anything similar out there?

Are they the ones with fruit cordial in them?

Maybe try Monteith's Radler. You can get it at Dan Murphys.

There are other fruit infused beers out there, you just need to keep your eyes peeled.

Last edited:
Are they the ones with fruit cordial in them?

Maybe try Monteith's Radler. You can get it at Dan Murphys.

There are other fruit infused beers out there, you just need to keep your eyes peeled.

Pretty much, yeah. Lemon and lime beers are pretty common but I have never had anything that compares to the Fusion Blacks. None of my mates seemed to like it as much as I did though so that might explain why.

Pretty much, yeah. Lemon and lime beers are pretty common but I have never had anything that compares to the Fusion Blacks. None of my mates seemed to like it as much as I did though so that might explain why.

I don't think I ever had the black.
I remember one day my wife and the neighbors all decided to have a garage sale, it was hot, really hot, we were sitting outside and I got some of the lime fusions. Damn it was good. Even my wife ( a non beer drinker ) liked it that day.

I remember having quite of a few of the lime fusions at a party when I was about 16. So when I say remember, I vaguely remember drinking them, but couldn't tell you the first thing about them.

I know beer snobs are generally against them, and they're not usually my drink of choice, but sometimes on a Summer's day, nothing beats a Corona with a slice of lime.

I don't think I ever had the black.
I remember one day my wife and the neighbors all decided to have a garage sale, it was hot, really hot, we were sitting outside and I got some of the lime fusions. Damn it was good. Even my wife ( a non beer drinker ) liked it that day.

I used to find them refreshing but I must have had a bad experience because anything with that citrus flavour just makes me gag these days.

They must prefer beer made for men. :thumbsu:
Joking!

I'll pay that! Not the manliest beer but a good taste that reminds me of a better time!
I will have to look into this Monteiths stuff though if they have more than just the lemon/lime flavour.

EDIT: Ooh, their range is very James Squire. This is a good thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back