Strategy Belief.

For anyone who hasn't seen Paul Roos' speech at the Bluey ceremony: Watch it.

This is a man who knows what he's talking about. We are too quick to lose our heads and turn on the side.

Have a read of one of the great speeches of the last few years.

I hate dwelling on the past but there is no question that this club holds onto the past…absolutely unquestionably. And what I’m talking about is every single person that supports the Melbourne Football Club, every person that’s involved in the Melbourne Football Club. At some point you have to move on. And one thing I will say about next year, I won’t tell you about the wins, but we will lose a game of football next year. We will lose a game of football next year. Just as Sydney lost to Giants in the first round, just as Fremantle got smashed by St Kilda, just as Geelong got beaten 110 points by Sydney. But we should not ever say ‘here we go again’.

I’m sick to death of hearing it. I’m sick to death of hearing it.

A loss is a loss, a win is a win – this club is changed forever it will never go back to the way it was.

No one person can do this. This is every Melbourne supporter, every Melbourne player, every Melbourne administrator, every Melbourne coach etc. etc. We are in this together.

And if you’re not in it together, you know where you can go.

Believe in the football club, especially now that we're set to have a big clean up and some new players.

For anyone who hasn't seen Paul Roos' speech at the Bluey ceremony: Watch it.

This is a man who knows what he's talking about. We are too quick to lose our heads and turn on the side.

Have a read of one of the great speeches of the last few years.

Believe in the football club, especially now that we're set to have a big clean up and some new players.
He screwed up the delivery of the last sentence though haha, it came off sound antagonistic rather than inspiring like I'm sure he intended it to. Regardless, great speech.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Fair enough comments, but I don't want hear talk about it, I want to ******* see it!

You actually have to watch him when he says it. He looks as tired as the rest of us, and you understand why this guy played 350 games and coached a Premiership.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Back