BFL Bellarine Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

How does the Bellarine Football League finals work? Top 5?
yeah top 5. week 1- 1st gets week off
qualifying final 2nd v 3rd,
elimenation final 4th v 5th (loser elimenated)
week 2- semi final 2. 1st v winner of qualifying final (winner to GF)
semi final 1. loser of qualifying final V winner of elimination
week 3- prelim final. loser semi 2 v winner semi 1
week 4- grand final. winner semi 2 v winner prelim final

yeah top 5. week 1- 1st gets week off
qualifying final 2nd v 3rd,
elimenation final 4th v 5th (loser elimenated)
week 2- semi final 2. 1st v winner of qualifying final (winner to GF)
semi final 1. loser of qualifying final V winner of elimination
week 3- prelim final. loser semi 2 v winner semi 1
week 4- grand final. winner semi 2 v winner prelim final

Thanks BG. This is the best system - I have seen a final 4 and final 6 however final 5 works well. Rewards the team that finishes 1st. With a mate playing at OG this is the 1st time I have followed the BFL - it looks like a very even year where any of the first 4-5 teams have a genuine chance of winning. Are finals venues the same each year? Or do the highest ranked team get a home final?

Jace Kelly playing 2s is a joke. Either we play him in the ones or let him go elsewhere. Too long we are happy for good players doing what they like in the reserves and trying to win 2nd flags. I believe personalities are playing a part but we need him inthe ones playing good football. Last week showed we lack leadership, desire and hunger. Our skills are well below acceptable and unless we turn up to play Newcomb could very easily defeat us, they pushed us last year and they have improved by all accounts and we have definately gone backwards.

Why dont we get Nesbitt's knee fixed, give him 2 weeks off and attack the 2nd half of the year fitter and without restriction?

I have watched the tigers a fair bit this year and am a supporter. Beach boy do u think we have recruited the wrong types for BFL footy. These older slow stong bodied midfielders cant keep up. Queenscliff made us look dizzy, even chooka piec made us look slow last week

Werty I think you are spot on,

The other problem is we are trying to play a game style that doesn't suit our list. To complicate things further we are playing guys like nesbitt not fit.

Carracher is slow, Daine Taylor playing well but not team player, Troy looks frustrated, Hughes down back?? The young blokes are learning the wrong things, that is my major concern.

How can u think that by getting Nesbitt fit the club with start heading in the right direction? Nesbitt is yet to play one good game. He should of been the one to be dropped before jace kelly.
i a think its a bit rich for u to come out and say carracher is slow, taylor is not a team player, troy is frusturated etc.
carracher taylor and bird have been the blokes holding up the senior list for the past two months. Taylor alone would have more goal assists than anyone in the league, so how can u say he isn't a team player??
carracher is probably the best defender at the club and is assigned big job week after week, and troy has been shipped around the board for the past month but is still in good form.
you expect the players to start winning, yet you get on hear and condemn there better players, when all they have been doing all they can...........

Adam Bird and billy christie have been under and injury cloud, but as soon as they come back into form im sure you will find something to condemn them over to.

:rolleyes:

Must have been a great game between the Coutas and Grubbers. Great to see Queenscliff pile on 8 last quarter goals, after Grove reclaimed the lead at 3/4 time. The premiership race is wide open.

Go Coutas!

Sad to hear about the tigers problems, with there junior set up and growing population I,m sure they will finish top 3 more often than not in the future. The problem down at portarlington needs to be looked at, it is not good for local footy for this to continue. I was there when they played b/heads and to there credit they were competitive to 3/4 time and then b/heads blew them away in the last 1/4. They seem unable to keep there juniors, there supporters are not attending games and for the hard working unpaid people that keep this football going I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Torquay have a massive advantage compared to Modewarre, Queenscliff, Portarlington, Anglesea. A bad year is not making top 3. To date, worst result in a very very long time. Can turn things around very quickly though. Expect a very big 2nd half of the year. Must start with Drysdale tomorrow.

Torquay has now showed promising signs, defeating drysdale by 99 points. piling on a massive 11 goal last quarter effort.

This could possibly be the signs of the future of torquay???? For their sake lets hope so.

Torquay have a massive advantage compared to Modewarre, Queenscliff, Portarlington, Anglesea. A bad year is not making top 3. To date, worst result in a very very long time. Can turn things around very quickly though. Expect a very big 2nd half of the year. Must start with Drysdale tomorrow.
has ben jones been playing well for the tiigers he was a good big man in melb vafa comp

Bit slow on the news but Sam Clark rejoining Ammos will really bolster their premiership aspirations. Not many players can man up on him for size/strength/marking ability. Adding him into a strong fwd line would have fans smiling. Surely this must be the year for them despite a close comp.

Is Jack from OG set to return soon?

has ben jones been playing well for the tiigers he was a good big man in melb vafa comp

Not ground breaking news but the return of two of the better players that have played in the b.f.l. in james gladman (Queenscliffe) and sam clarke (ammos) could determine the grand final. A 75% fit clark may tip them into premiership fav. if they wern't before. Not sure on gladman has not played for approx. 8 years maybe has his knee fixed and would have keeped himself reasonably fit, would be a great story if he breaks his way into the senior side and is a part of a premiership side.

Spoke to a drysdale supporter who watched gladman in the twos on the weekend reckons nothings changed. Big black knee brace and marked everything. He use to dominate when i watched him against Torquay years ago with a midfield who couldnt kick it. Now he has a midfield that can use the footy he could play a big role later in the season for the coutas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoke to a drysdale supporter who watched gladman in the twos on the weekend reckons nothings changed. Big black knee brace and marked everything. He use to dominate when i watched him against Torquay years ago with a midfield who couldnt kick it. Now he has a midfield that can use the footy he could play a big role later in the season for the coutas

After watching the coutas on the weekend I could not see gladman fitting into the forward line with hood, chaplin-burch and evans to come back into the side. Chaplin-burch should be told by the coach there is a thing called handball which he should done about five times in the first quarter.

Any decent coverage on the VCFL games on the weekend? I'm suprised (actually not that supprised) that the addy hasn't covered it. For those that love country footy this is one of highest accomplishments a player can have. Surely with several players from accross the geelong region being involved there would be something?

Predictions with 6 rounds to go

Premiers: Ammo's
R/Up: Ocean Grove

Top 5 - Geelong Ammos
Ocean Grove
Queenscliff
Anglesea
Torquay

Comp B&F: B Lynch

Club B&F
QCliff - Robinson
Ammo's - B Bosely
Grove - Lynch
Sea's - Bell Warren
Tigers - Taylor
Drydale - Wells
Heads - Holland
Warriors - Marmalis
Newcomb - Orr
Portarlington - Davis

The Coutas have to believe in themselves, they have arguably the best On Ball combination going around, a very potent forward line and a strong defence. Confidence in their own ability is perhaps under question. Jammo has them up and firing and all things being equal should give a strong account of themselves!

This week's game at queen's park has got to be the game of the season so far. steve owen from queenscliff could be the gamebreaker if he sneaks forward.

This week's game at queen's park has got to be the game of the season so far. steve owen from queenscliff could be the gamebreaker if he sneaks forward.

Lotta love for queenscliff out there. I'm going with Ammos. They've had some great quarters of footy that cut teams up. They seem to be gearing up for finals. Queenscliff have shown during the year that although they have fire power up foward, they do kick a lot of points especially if its windy. If they can convert its going to be close, but if not Ammos are capable of making them pay. Should be a good game.

With Matty Sproule getting the nod for next year out at Modda the potential coaching changes are Portarlington, although not sure if Brody was given a multi year contract, and Barwon Heads. Knights was on a one year contract and presumably based on season so far you'd think they would be asking for him to reapply rather than automatically give another year. Seems to have enjoyed being the sole coach. Thoughts?

yeah seems like there are a lot of couta believers out there which is good since the club was dwelling near the bottom of the ladder only 4-5 years ago. Seems like they have been going from strength to strength from then on. Surely be expecting a big crowd this week at the ammos game. Another subject, who is the favourite for the league b n f??

Gladman....hmmm now that name rings a bell.

Oh yeah, was the best player in the league when i was playing

about 12 years ago. Could take one hell of a grab but never could

lift that bunch over the line in finals....

Clarke
Gladman
Payne
Arnold
Gills
Bolton
Nichols
Robertson
Tyquin

Ahhhh those were some fair footballers...Some talent in that mob !!!!

Gladman....hmmm now that name rings a bell.

Oh yeah, was the best player in the league when i was playing

about 12 years ago. Could take one hell of a grab but never could

lift that bunch over the line in finals....

Clarke
Gladman
Payne
Arnold
Gills
Bolton
Nichols
Robertson
Tyquin

Ahhhh those were some fair footballers...Some talent in that mob !!!!

I remember copping a backhander from Tyquin playing for the Coutas against Torquay. It felt like being hit in the head with a frozen ham!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back