BFL Bellarine Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone please tell me why Jake Hedley (young defender from coutas), is not playing falcons this year?? He has been one of the most consistent defenders in the comp and also played interleague.
simple really,he quit falcons 6 weeks ago after not getting a game. was told he would but never got a look in. huge commitment for kids who dont get a game, told them he would rather play with the coutas anyway.

sounds like a fair call from the kid. with the chance of a senior premiership i dont blame him for telling falcons to shove it.
how does everyone think the finals will play out. i can only see it as a 4 horse race... maybe anglesea will gear up when the time is right and surprise a few?

With Queenscliff playing Anglesea and Grove in the last two rounds, I expect we'll find out a fair bit about their legitimacy. And whether Queenscliff are true premiership favourites. Would love to see them finish top!

My Team of Year selections

B T Bird Holland Bell Warren
HB Lynch Mamalis Owen
C Wallace Robinson Holmes
HF Clark Mensch Wellington
F Gavin Tom Chaplin Burch

R Orvis Wells Davis

Int Dalton, Christie, L Smith, M Smith

Captain - Lynch
Coach - Jamieson

I know Football geelong would be happy with this side representing the BFL next year

My Team of Year selections

B T Bird Holland Bell Warren
HB Lynch Mamalis Owen
C Wallace Robinson Holmes
HF Clark Mensch Wellington
F Gavin Tom Chaplin Burch

R Orvis Wells Davis

Int Dalton, Christie, L Smith, M Smith

Captain - Lynch
Coach - Jamieson

I know Football geelong would be happy with this side representing the BFL next year

sorry mate had to correct you.. you forgot to put tom limb in that team

Sorry mate, Ammos the real deal. The coach is as tough as they come and demands the same from his troops.

If you want clarification of how tough this side is ask the super coach from down q'cliff way!

Sorry mate, Ammos the real deal. The coach is as tough as they come and demands the same from his troops.

If you want clarification of how tough this side is ask the super coach from down q'cliff way!

Ammos were the real deal this time last year weren't they? Cruised into the GF by 50 points. What happened in the GF? We all know when their throat starts to tighten up. Whoever they play grand final day will be clear crowd favourite. What little supporters they have will be sitting in their land rovers eating strawberries and cream

They will bruise like ripe tomatoes 3 easy games and a week off the whole world hopes they fall in a heap again

I was wr....... I was wro...... Iwas wron...... I was wrong!!!!!!!! Yes ammos you were wonderful even with no supporters you smashed the couta machine. The good news is either angle sea or q cliff will win the flag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two interesting points, one Chaplin-burch winning the league best & fairest, what,s wrong with the umpires,who gets the ball down there, granted he can play but not the best in the league. Secondly R7 PORT V QUEENS scores Q 31.16.202 P 5.11.41 3 votes G.Brody who plays for Port.About time the votes are taken off the umpires.

tell us more details please

Don't have much more to report I'm afraid. I think they ran out winners by about 40 points. From what I can glean from a few mate's fbook updates they did it fairly comfortably.

Wish I could be at the esplanade with the boys tonight - it'll be jumping!!

On a personal note, I played all my junior footy at the club (from under 11's) and a year of seniors. I never played in a final.

First flag since '75. To say the Coutas have been starved of success is an understatement, and I'm rapt for the club!

That is brilliant. From an ex Drysdale hack now in Sydney.

Ammo's... Back to Back to Back Chokes

It does wonders for the spirit seeing Ammo's falter at the last hurdle again doesn't it?

Wins against your mob were few and far between in my day. The only one I recall was in round 1 mid 90's. You had us rattled in the first term, outscoring us 5 goals to 2. Enter B. Sutherland who bagged a lazy 14 (straight from memory) and we ran out 100 point winners.

Was a remarkable day.

I don't mean to bang on about one game, but I remember being on the wrong side of some terrific hidings from the Hawks!

That's okay, You can say what you like... IT"S COUTA TIME !!!

How good for those old fellas on the gate each week selling the tickets year after year to finally see a flag..

Had a look at the game yesterday, i dont think the word choke is probably correct. Although not far off considering how many grand finals they lose. Lets not forget Queenscliff were the top side all year until the last game of the home and away. They were clearly the better side all day yesterday. Ammos never relly looked like even when they were infront early as they had the wind. After quarter time it was the Coutas. Well done.

There however are some serious problems at Ammos. How can a club with so many good players and do so well in every aspect of a season but the last game lose 3 in a row. From what i have seen watching the last 3 grand finals is they are seriously outcoached in the big games. I saw it against Drysdale for 2 years and saw it again yesterday. For starters Ammos were up by 3 goals at quarter time and in the 2nd quarter when they had a lot of play proceeded to allow Q/Cliff to drop 2 guys into their backline and stifle any forrward thrusts. They just let it go. And a for the send off of Sam Clark having a man down really hurt them especially at the start of the 3rd quarter. It was a poor act by Clark i saw the whole thing he simply dropped his opponent with a cheap punch.

The Ammos have to have a good look at themselves now. They are a real boys club down there. They may need an outside infulence to fix this nasty habit. They get all the stars down there and pay them the big dollars but they dont really want to earn them when it counts. This club has done many things to that would cause unrest internally as they persist to look after the big dollar players at the expense of others. Its time the dollars spent was converted to success. Their coach is a heart and soul of the club person but questions need to be asked. Were the people on his bench doing a good job. From what i saw it is a big no. Can they come back to the well again from here i dont think so. If they get there again the mental hoodoo may now be to much.

I agree that there are issues in relation to discipline and genuine team orientation effecting Ammos,(remember that 2003 sniping against Ocean Grove) but anyone who saw this game knows that it was the Couta's small running players who put them to the sword. The Couta's coach said at 3/4 time, 'we will run them off their feet' and they did. Great team work ethic all day, great start to the game (first top speed, wrong foot pass from a young guy to the full forward followed by a great kick into the wind set the scene).

Well done Queenscliff - great team effort, great playing for your mates, and little blokes, take a bow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back