MMA-Other BELLATOR

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't ask for a better opening fight. Richman gets rocked & fires back with a nice KO.

What a fight! Chandler & Alvarez are incredible!

I had it 48-47 Alvarez, but depending on how you scored the second round it could have gone either way. We are pretty much certain of seeing a 3rd fight between the two.

Alvarez wins by split decision. It probably all came down to how Round 2 was scored, the last three rounds were all decisive either way and Chandler edged it in the first. Not really sure how Alvarez lost those choke attempts in the last round, I thought he had Chandler twice. It made for a dramatic finish though.

Someone might have made a decent amount of money betting on this card. King Mo and Curran were big favourites and Chandler was the favourite in his fight.

A lot of people thought Chandler would win, as did I. Chandler had been on fire since beating Alvarez and with Alvarez's time away from the cage, I thought Chandler would win this fight and likely do it easier than the first time. I was still expecting an exciting fight but I'm glad it didn't go the way I thought it would as it wouldn't have been nearly as good. It was a great fight and could have gone either way. The booing was ridiculous.

I watched the whole card and enjoyed most of the fights. There were one or two prelim fights that were complete mismatches and the King Mo/Newton fight wasn't all that great. The rest I liked.

Curran's fight disappointed me because of two reasons; I wanted him to win and he didn't fight as well as he has recently. Since the fight I've seen lots of people saying how Curran was overrated whilst not really giving Straus any credit. It's probably true that Curran was overrated before the fight but I think Straus was clearly underrated. When Curran doesn't control a fight or finish the fight he seems to lack the necessary urgency when a fight is close or he's behind. To me he appeared to lack urgency in this Straus fight, the Patricio Freire fight recently (even though he won by split decision) and the Alvarez fight from a while ago.

There is a Bellator event on One hd at 9.30 for the people at home

So i'm watching Bellator Fight Master on One at the moment... It is faaaaaaaaar better than TUF. The quality of the fights/fighters aren't much (if any) below the standard on TUF, there are more fights and the coaches (Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Ken Shamrock and Joe Warren all backed by the gyms) are way better to listen to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So i'm watching Bellator Fight Master on One at the moment... It is faaaaaaaaar better than TUF. The quality of the fights/fighters aren't much (if any) below the standard on TUF, there are more fights and the coaches (Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Ken Shamrock and Joe Warren all backed by the gyms) are way better to listen to.

I watched the first few episodes of it back when it was originally airing in the US but was busy and ended up forgetting about it. I thought it was good and fairly different to TUF, which is great as TUF hasn't really changed at all for ages.

I might have to give it a watch now. Only thing is I already know who wins.

Greg Jackson's cage side commentary drove me nuts the whole series. Apart from that, it was pretty good I thought. The fighters getting to pick their own coaches for the show was an interesting wrinkle, but I didn't like the rankings after each round of fights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back