BFL Bellarine Football League 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emphatic victory from Ammos on the weekend. Full credit to coaches Bauer and Lovick. They showed their vulnerability in the month before finals but responded with two massive wins to cap off an impressive season. Say what you like about the club and it's financial resources, but watching as a neutral it was one of the most disciplined, team performances I've seen in local footy for a long time. The match was marred by Ocean Grove's Kellet king-hitting a young Ammos player just before 3QT resulting in a broken nose. Really p*ss weak effort from a cowardly player who I later found out missed the prelim through suspension. The rest of the competition has a lot of ground to make up next season.

Emphatic victory from Ammos on the weekend. Full credit to coaches Bauer and Lovick. They showed their vulnerability in the month before finals but responded with two massive wins to cap off an impressive season. Say what you like about the club and it's financial resources, but watching as a neutral it was one of the most disciplined, team performances I've seen in local footy for a long time. The match was marred by Ocean Grove's Kellet king-hitting a young Ammos player just before 3QT resulting in a broken nose. Really p*ss weak effort from a cowardly player who I later found out missed the prelim through suspension. The rest of the competition has a lot of ground to make up next season.
Yes, the AMMOS bought a Premiership, like they did in Netball also this year. They are a "team" without an identity, ie. what town or suburb or area do they represent? No one goes to any of their games, not even the Grand Final. They top up their juniors with college kids just before the finals each year. So, it's just their financial resources that keep them going, nothing else, a splurge on GFL players to win a flag. I am also a neutral.

Yes Ammos were the better team. But your kidding if you think Kellet broke a young Ammos players nose, yes he clotheslined him but was nothing like a king hit, which he did in retaliation to being bumped as he left the ground injured. Also Kane Smith isn't what you would call young.

Wyndhamvale FC in the WRFL are taking applications for the senior coaching position for 2015 season and beyond. If you are interested in applying for the position please email the club on wyndhamvalefc@gmail.com
Submissions close end of September. With interviews to follow applications.

I think that's a pretty harsh assessment footyman. There are several clubs in Geelong that don't represent a region (St Mary's, St Joseph's) and Ammos have long had an association with Geelong College so it's unfair to resent this connection. I don't disagree that they're more well off than most local clubs but $ doesn't automatically buy premierships (just look at Newtown). They had a very similar side last year and got knocked out in the prelim. Admittedly they added GFL guns in Smith, Lavars and McSparron but those three players were not the difference in going from a PF to a 91 point grand final victory. Their improvement should be admired not criticised.
Those clubs you mentioned (St Mary's and Joeys) represent local institution's, and also have tennis, cricket and other sporting clubs associated with them. There is no Geelong Amateur Tennis Club, or Geelong Amateur Cricket Club. You don't get the point with the school connection either, they have junior players play all year, get them to the finals, then get dropped for the college boys to return so they can win the finals. I notice you didn't mention the Netball team either, another bought premiership? How would they go with a salary cap? I'd say they would fold within 3 years ie. no money, no culture, no members, no atmosphere at their games, except upstairs where the chardonnay flows.

Those clubs you mentioned (St Mary's and Joeys) represent local institution's, and also have tennis, cricket and other sporting clubs associated with them. There is no Geelong Amateur Tennis Club, or Geelong Amateur Cricket Club. You don't get the point with the school connection either, they have junior players play all year, get them to the finals, then get dropped for the college boys to return so they can win the finals. I notice you didn't mention the Netball team either, another bought premiership? How would they go with a salary cap? I'd say they would fold within 3 years ie. no money, no culture, no members, no atmosphere at their games, except upstairs where the chardonnay flows.
I can assure you St Mary's and St Joeys football clubs in no way represent the institutions you mentioned. I went to school at SJC and the only connection they share is the same name. I do get your point about the College players, they make finals so naturally they field their best side. These College kids have played their entire junior careers at Ammos so it's not like their plucking them out of thin air come September. If anything, the side is disadvantaged not having their full side for the majority of the year. And I didn't acknowledge your netball comment because I don't profess to know anything about it (and this is a footy forum)! Very ignorant comment about the chardonnay and folding within 3 years. It's so easy to sit back and say an opposition club has a poor culture but as an impartial local football observer Ammos appears to have a very strong culture from the top right down to the juniors.

I can assure you St Mary's and St Joeys football clubs in no way represent the institutions you mentioned. I went to school at SJC and the only connection they share is the same name. I do get your point about the College players, they make finals so naturally they field their best side. These College kids have played their entire junior careers at Ammos so it's not like their plucking them out of thin air come September. If anything, the side is disadvantaged not having their full side for the majority of the year. And I didn't acknowledge your netball comment because I don't profess to know anything about it (and this is a footy forum)! Very ignorant comment about the chardonnay and folding within 3 years. It's so easy to sit back and say an opposition club has a poor culture but as an impartial local football observer Ammos appears to have a very strong culture from the top right down to the juniors.
The college players keep out the ones who have done all the hard work throughout the season, then get the glory of finals, if that's fair to you then you obviously don't have a son playing junior footy. The chardonnay set is a fact, go to one of their home games and see for yourself, no point going to one of their away games, because no one follows them at away games ie. no chardonnay there, so they don't go. Did you go to the Grand Final, they had about 100 supporters out of the few thousand that attended, and they had 3 teams competing. The netball team went from bottom to undefeated premiers in one season, only money does that, oh yeah and your the ignorant one living in the past like a dinosaur, because they are all now Football Netball clubs, so the forum covers them as well, it's not 1970 anymore. So therefore, I assume that you can now understand that it's a money culture only. They are called Amatuers, do you know what Amatuer means????

Yes Ammos were the better team. But your kidding if you think Kellet broke a young Ammos players nose, yes he clotheslined him but was nothing like a king hit, which he did in retaliation to being bumped as he left the ground injured. Also Kane Smith isn't what you would call young.
The player in question wasn't Smith it was a young kid called Jack Pickering who is 20 years old. Anyway I think the age is meaningless, if you're coming off the ground and hit someone unsuspectingly off the ball that's weak as piss. And his nose was broken from the incident, I spoke to him after the match.

The player in question wasn't Smith it was a young kid called Jack Pickering who is 20 years old. Anyway I think the age is meaningless, if you're coming off the ground and hit someone unsuspectingly off the ball that's weak as piss. And his nose was broken from the incident, I spoke to him after the match.
I agree the action was weak. It wasn't a king hit though like you described. Also you don't want to acknowledge the bump on Kellet as he hobbled of injured? Let's not think piss weak efforts don't happen on both sides, for example Travis Robertson attempting to stomp on Gavin's foot, now that one surprised me.

Last edited:
I agree the action was weak. It wasn't a king hit though like you described. Also you don't want to acknowledge the bump on Kellet as he hobbled of injured? Let's not think piss weak efforts don't happen on both sides, for example Travis Robertson attempting to stomp on Gavin's foot, now that one surprised me.
Mr Know all, a.k.a falsenine has gone quiet, isn't it amazing that people who make big bold statements, then can't back them up with any actual facts, soon drop off the conversation.

Buckland to Heads

& some inclusions to ammos from geelong west Saint peters!!
Any names?

What are peoples thoughts on the new coaches?
Obviously Garvey and Wiseman will make heads stronger, any news on what players will also come?

What about Armistead coaching Anglesea?

Any news on the Ocean Grove coaching gig?

Mr Know all, a.k.a falsenine has gone quiet, isn't it amazing that people who make big bold statements, then can't back them up with any actual facts, soon drop off the conversation.
Sorry footyman I've got other things going on in my life to be spending all day on a local footy forum. I don't have a son playing junior footy and I hope for your boy's sake he doesn't have internet access to see how of a flog his old man is! I never claimed to know everything, I purely described an event as I saw it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry footyman I've got other things going on in my life to be spending all day on a local footy forum. I don't have a son playing junior footy and I hope for your boy's sake he doesn't have internet access to see how of a flog his old man is! I never claimed to know everything, I purely described an event as I saw it.
Good comeback, the St Joeys education obviously didn't work, you can't string a sentence or 2 together. You accused a player of a king hit, get over yourself. And if you've got a life what are u doing replying, you contradict yourself again. Hope you get better next season loser.

Any names?

Obviously Garvey and Wiseman will make heads stronger, any news on what players will also come?

I know Barwon Heads have held talks with a young Newtown midfielder and are very keen to sign him up. Also, someone mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago that Mitch Herbison would return to the club. He has agreed to play another year with the VFL side so that would be very unlikely.

Any names?

I've heard the Boyd brothers

Were are the Boyd brothers from, any good? Buckland will be a huge pick up if he is committed properly. Arm instead will bee a great pick up for the roos, hope he can bring some experienced players.

I know Barwon Heads have held talks with a young Newtown midfielder and are very keen to sign him up. Also, someone mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago that Mitch Herbison would return to the club. He has agreed to play another year with the VFL side so that would be very unlikely.
It would be more than likely Lewy Highland wouldn't it? He plays cricket for BH.

Maybe the Ammos were a tad lucky that Queenscliff copped a barrowload of injuries early and struggled in the first third of the season and another couple towards the end. Owen, Grout, Orvis, Mason, etc etc left a fair hole, especially up forward. Frenchy was left to do it all on his own, and although he did it well booting a ton, it left us with a very one dimensional forward set up all year. Once Grouty gets back and with minimal player losses over summer, I'd think Cliff would be in a good position to give the Ammos solid opposition next year.

Central highlands football league top 8 team looking for practise match down coast or in geelong on 14th march. Pm if interested.

Quality Grovy mid Joey Fama heading out to Modda for season 2015. Was always on the brink of selection at Tigerland but should see a lot more 2pm action at Modda.

Quality Grovy mid Joey Fama heading out to Modda for season 2015. Was always on the brink of selection at Tigerland but should see a lot more 2pm action at Modda.
No offence, but I wouldn't exactly call him 'quality'. Couldn't get a touch in the hand-full of senior games he played and wasn't that much more impressive back in the twos.

No offence, but I wouldn't exactly call him 'quality'. Couldn't get a touch in the hand-full of senior games he played and wasn't that much more impressive back in the twos.

How many games did you actually watch of him? He was struck down by injuries from what i heard. Heard modewarre have picked up a few

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back