Not open for further replies.

footyman13

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Portarlington
Weak as piss hit by Ocean Grove Number 7, Daniel Freeman, on Portarlington Number 32, John Simpson today. Off the ball, and Simson didn't see it coming. If that's not 4 weeks and weak dog Freeman get's any less that's bullshit. Notice WDF (Weak Dog Freeman) never went near a contest after that as he was shitting himself? Deserves to miss the finals WDF.

beaublazer

Debutant
Jan 12, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Weak as piss hit by Ocean Grove Number 7, Daniel Freeman, on Portarlington Number 32, John Simpson today. Off the ball, and Simson didn't see it coming. If that's not 4 weeks and weak dog Freeman get's any less that's bullshit. Notice WDF (Weak Dog Freeman) never went near a contest after that as he was shitting himself? Deserves to miss the finals WDF.

Well Freeman is off to the tribunal tonight according to K-Rock football site so hopefully he cops his right whack. Haven't personally seen the incident but I am not surprised by it either.

GullsFC

Team Captain
Jan 18, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Spot on mate....he ended up with four weeks

footyman13

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Portarlington
Spot on mate....he ended up with four weeks
Good result then. Can't see OG going too far in the finals, so the weak so and so will miss a couple of games next year as well. The OG bench aren't much better either, from what I heard they actually incited him or anyone who could to hit Simpson as he was playing so well. Shows the culture of that club.

grubberjim

Rookie
Jun 14, 2011
ocean grove
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Cracking game today. Ammos snuck through. But tipping come the big day Kaine Marsh will be proven right. Zappa may have well have been in the bar today, he will cost Ammos the flag, Fat, Lazy and was only a bit above A GDFL player at his best.

Deep We11s 1

All Australian
Mar 27, 2012
Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cracking game today. Ammos snuck through. But tipping come the big day Kaine Marsh will be proven right. Zappa may have well have been in the bar today, he will cost Ammos the flag, Fat, Lazy and was only a bit above A GDFL player at his best.
Why the personal attack? History? Sour grapes? Ammos win was stunning yesterday and Zappa was a big part of it in the last quarter. As a neutral, it was clear Torquays plan of sniping Street and short kicking possession game, could only last for so long.

footyman13

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Portarlington
Why the personal attack? History? Sour grapes? Ammos win was stunning yesterday and Zappa was a big part of it in the last quarter. As a neutral, it was clear Torquays plan of sniping Street and short kicking possession game, could only last for so long.
To support good old Zappa, aka "The Coach Killer" or " I'm Zappa, I don't play Ressies", you must be a good mate of his, or an Ammo's supporter (One of about 17 that they have).

TexUsWalkAh

Draftee
Sep 23, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hey everyone. I am moving over at the end of the year to the Geelong area from SA. I am looking at playing in the BFL as per recommendation from friends previously who have lived in the area and have suggested that my ability should be good enough to play in the Bellarine league. I am looking for a good club with a good culture (as all footballers do). As I have no real idead about any clubs I am after some recommendations about the clubs and the league in general. Cheers

footyman13

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Portarlington
Hey everyone. I am moving over at the end of the year to the Geelong area from SA. I am looking at playing in the BFL as per recommendation from friends previously who have lived in the area and have suggested that my ability should be good enough to play in the Bellarine league. I am looking for a good club with a good culture (as all footballers do). As I have no real idead about any clubs I am after some recommendations about the clubs and the league in general. Cheers
You'd have to give a fair bit more info than that Tex. Age, level played at in SA, rep footy, position play in, payment required etc etc. What part of Geelong are you moving to?

falsenine

Debutant
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
G'day Tex, welcome to Geelong mate. BFL is a good competitive league that you'll really enjoy playing in. If you're after a successful club with a good strong culture, I'd highly suggest doing a pre-season at Geelong Amateurs. Centrally based in Geelong and probably boasts the best facilities in the league. All the best with the move.

TexUsWalkAh

Draftee
Sep 23, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
You'd have to give a fair bit more info than that Tex. Age, level played at in SA, rep footy, position play in, payment required etc etc. What part of Geelong are you moving to?

29 next year. Playing more the forward half of the ground now I am slowing down in my old age. I am definitely not after money, just looking for a potential club to possibly have a kick at next year.

TexUsWalkAh

Draftee
Sep 23, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
G'day Tex, welcome to Geelong mate. BFL is a good competitive league that you'll really enjoy playing in. If you're after a successful club with a good strong culture, I'd highly suggest doing a pre-season at Geelong Amateurs. Centrally based in Geelong and probably boasts the best facilities in the league. All the best with the move.

Cheers falsenine! Appreciate the help. I did see they won the premiership again so must be a pretty strong club

GullsFC

Team Captain
Jan 18, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Cheers falsenine! Appreciate the help. I did see they won the premiership again so must be a pretty strong club
They are also probably the most hated club in Geelong with no supporter base and buy premierships. Torquay have by far the best facilities in the league, have a good "home town" culture with a massive supporter base. Geelong Amateurs are in the middle of a golf course surrounded by numerous other clubs so you lose that real close knit support that most other clubs in the BFL have. I'm not a supporter of either Geelong Ammos or Torquay but simply giving you an honest opinion from an outsider.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

footyman13

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Portarlington
They are also probably the most hated club in Geelong with no supporter base and buy premierships. Torquay have by far the best facilities in the league, have a good "home town" culture with a massive supporter base. Geelong Amateurs are in the middle of a golf course surrounded by numerous other clubs so you lose that real close knit support that most other clubs in the BFL have. I'm not a supporter of either Geelong Ammos or Torquay but simply giving you an honest opinion from an outsider.
Tex, I agree 110% with Gulls FC. Ammo's are a baseless, supporterless "club". No culture there mate. They won the flag by being the richest that's all. Infighting's another one of their famous traits. The tail wags the dog there. Go anywhere else mate, 9 other clubs to choose, and you'll enjoy the BFL.

GeelongDanger

Draftee
Sep 24, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Tex, I agree 110% with Gulls FC. Ammo's are a baseless, supporterless "club". No culture there mate. They won the flag by being the richest that's all. Infighting's another one of their famous traits. The tail wags the dog there. Go anywhere else mate, 9 other clubs to choose, and you'll enjoy the BFL.
Did you happen to be at the GF last weekend? Ammos supporters everywhere. A club with a great internal culture, and a great history. Very few players ever leave, exception being when encouraged to play at a higher level. One of the best junior structures going around. Seems a few on here are quite envious of success, well deserved for a hard working committee, great volunteers, and a very loyal playing group.

GullsFC

Team Captain
Jan 18, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Did you happen to be at the GF last weekend? Ammos supporters everywhere. A club with a great internal culture, and a great history. Very few players ever leave, exception being when encouraged to play at a higher level. One of the best junior structures going around. Seems a few on here are quite envious of success, well deserved for a hard working committee, great volunteers, and a very loyal playing group.
A committee who couldn't even support one of their senior coaches and let a player decide on where he wants to play. Pleeease, Ammos are the laughing stock of AFL Barwon

GeelongDanger

Draftee
Sep 24, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
A committee who couldn't even support one of their senior coaches and let a player decide on where he wants to play. Pleeease, Ammos are the laughing stock of AFL Barwon
.....Co-Coach who was new to the club, vs a large group of loyal players who had been at the club since there juniors years. Committees and good committees will make the tough call for the good of the club.

Melbsaint

Debutant
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
[QUTex.As youTexUsWalkAh, post: 41071195, member: 166573"]Hey everyone. I am moving over at the end of the year to the Geelong area from SA. I am looking at playing in the BFL as per recommendation from friends previously who have lived in the area and have suggested that my ability should be good enough to play in the Bellarine league. I am looking for a good club with a good culture (as all footballers do). As I have no real idead about any clubs I am after some recommendations about the clubs and the league in general. Cheers[/QUOTE]
Hi Tex.As you can read alot of hatred towards a few clubs.Personally as a player of all 3 leagues and former coach of a club in one I recommend at your age East Geelong in the Geelong and District football league . Don't get me wrong Bellarine is a great league but as a few of the guys have mentioned 3 top sides and the rest can please themselves.Depending on location if I was to say a Bellarine club it would be Portarlington .Up and coming good junior structure so thats just opinion.Back to East Geelong. Strong history.centrally located.good Junior structure. A new coach next year .With 8 under 18 playing seniors this year to have some experience to teach these kids about footy would be more satisfying than a $$$$$$$ club who buys premierships.I have no ties to East now as I live in Melbourne and involved in footy up there but do know a few .Good luck where ever you go.This is a honest opinion.

theghost

Debutant
Feb 18, 2006
AFL Club
Richmond
You're right about the king hit on the torquay little guy , happened to be in torquay for holiday weekend and went to GF , just happened to be watching behind the play after goal was kicked. Absolute kinghit from amateurs player from behind , cowardly stuff and could have been tragic. I'd hoped that sort of stuff had gone from footy. But what amazed me most was the lack of action by the umps, I think they actually just threw the ball up in the centre without Torquay players in there and while the kinghit player was lying concussed or what looked like concussed on the ground, absolutely disgusting by the umpires. I hope they are held accountable as well. I went home up north after the weekend, is there anything happening about this from the league? I hope so.
PS is the little bloke from Torquay okay?

falsenine

Debutant
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Surprise appointment by Queenscliff bringing in the two joeys lads in Hodgson and Casey. Both great fellas, I reckon they'll do a good job down there.

beaublazer

Debutant
Jan 12, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Extremely disappointing comments from Geelong Ammo president in todays Addy. A young bloke ends up in intensive care after a game of footy and you come out saying you are absolutely gutted for the culprit Dodd. Well done on them winning the flag and nothing will take that premiership away from the club but it is disgusting to hear comments like this from the Amateur president.

Be prepared that if you appeal that Dodd will cop an even longer sentence. And Smith getting 5 for a what is effectively a king hit is extremely light in my opinion. You do that in the street or out the front of a pub and you go to jail for similar actions. We can't have this in our game in this day and age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back