BFL Bellarine Football League 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely disappointing comments from Geelong Ammo president in todays Addy. A young bloke ends up in intensive care after a game of footy and you come out saying you are absolutely gutted for the culprit Dodd. Well done on them winning the flag and nothing will take that premiership away from the club but it is disgusting to hear comments like this from the Amateur president.

Be prepared that if you appeal that Dodd will cop an even longer sentence. And Smith getting 5 for a what is effectively a king hit is extremely light in my opinion. You do that in the street or out the front of a pub and you go to jail for similar actions. We can't have this in our game in this day and age.
Hello FALSENINE.

Love this time of year, everyone is excited about who they have coming to there clubs, the points system makes it a little more intriging
Queenscliff, Torquay and Ammo's seem to be the better recruiting clubs to date. Barwon Heads not much has been said about them but watch this space, 2 BIG names about to be announced, so they could be a real Premiership contender.
From what I am hearing expect Ocean Grove to fall away, they have only picked up David King from Joeys at this point? Heard they have lost up to 10 senior players including young guns Rawlings, Higgins, Dan Maloney to GFL clubs, Caldow to Melbourne, A O'Callahan GDFL, whilst sevral retirements including Fairway, Gavin, R O'Callahan, Hargraves and Sinnott all retired. 40 on the track last wednesday with majority of the numbers U18s
Drysdale numbers at training have apparently been good under Chappy, might even get to have a look tonight at Portarlington Pier just to see who the new faces are. Anglesea have many new faces and lost very little, guys like Bell Warren and Leeds returning and committing to the club is a good sign. Add Marcus Smith, expect them to be Top 5 again and maybe even higher. I heard Newcomb have some Werribee VFL top up players heading there way, but are starting too far off. Moddewarre under Finch have some GFL fringe players commiting to training but wont sign just yet.
Good Luck to all in the silly season, lets hope the BFL standard just keeps getting stronger!

Love this time of year, everyone is excited about who they have coming to there clubs, the points system makes it a little more intriging
Queenscliff, Torquay and Ammo's seem to be the better recruiting clubs to date. Barwon Heads not much has been said about them but watch this space, 2 BIG names about to be announced, so they could be a real Premiership contender.
From what I am hearing expect Ocean Grove to fall away, they have only picked up David King from Joeys at this point? Heard they have lost up to 10 senior players including young guns Rawlings, Higgins, Dan Maloney to GFL clubs, Caldow to Melbourne, A O'Callahan GDFL, whilst sevral retirements including Fairway, Gavin, R O'Callahan, Hargraves and Sinnott all retired. 40 on the track last wednesday with majority of the numbers U18s
Drysdale numbers at training have apparently been good under Chappy, might even get to have a look tonight at Portarlington Pier just to see who the new faces are. Anglesea have many new faces and lost very little, guys like Bell Warren and Leeds returning and committing to the club is a good sign. Add Marcus Smith, expect them to be Top 5 again and maybe even higher. I heard Newcomb have some Werribee VFL top up players heading there way, but are starting too far off. Moddewarre under Finch have some GFL fringe players commiting to training but wont sign just yet.
Good Luck to all in the silly season, lets hope the BFL standard just keeps getting stronger!

Wayne Barrett from Grovedale has signed at BH. He will be very handy if his body stays right.

Wayne Barrett from Grovedale has signed at BH. He will be very handy if his body stays right.

Is this the same Wayne Barrett that couldn't hold down a spot at Grovedale last year? Wouldn't think he will improve Barwon Heads a great deal but may be a good depth player for them.

Is this the same Wayne Barrett that couldn't hold down a spot at Grovedale last year? Wouldn't think he will improve Barwon Heads a great deal but may be a good depth player for them.
Yeah the same one but has hip problems over the past few years. Like I said, will be handy if he's fit.

Big difference in leagues beaublazer. he played games early but couldn't train all the time due to work which hurt his chances, was far too good for gfl reserves and i would think he will help barwon heads a fair bit with experience

Who are the Werribee VFL top up players going to Newcomb, and which was their home club?

Big difference in leagues beaublazer. he played games early but couldn't train all the time due to work which hurt his chances, was far too good for gfl reserves and i would think he will help barwon heads a fair bit with experience
Barrett was a handy player five years ago but he's not the player he once was. I expected him to dominate the seconds grand final but he barely got near it that day.
Ben raidme and Scott Hughes signed back at torquay
Are you sure about Hughes? I watched him train with St Mary's last Wednesday.

Barrett was a handy player five years ago but he's not the player he once was. I expected him to dominate the seconds grand final but he barely got near it that day.

No body from Grovedale got near it that day ;)

In his fairness that day he was quite crook and nearly couldn't play, i know no one wants to hear excuses though. I agree but still will be more then handy at bfl level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 5

Ammos
Length of pakington street
Torquay
Queenscliff
Barwon Heads
Ocean Grove

Grubbers about to land some big big fish - stay tuned.
Heads will gain a few but lose some important local talent.
Coutas have recruited fairly well. Haven't lost much. Am hearing Durran and DeGois coming back too. Big improvers!!!
Torquay will continue to improve under Gleeson. Lost a couple but I'm sure will add a few good ones.
Ammos - well god help us!! We have no chance with their inclusions. If they are playing within their cap I want their footy manager at my club

Quoted the wrong post bud sorry!!

Wanted to know why mailmain is scratching the Hawks out in December!
Yes it's not even 2016 yet and it's obviously big calls to be predicting anything this early. I just don't see that they've added too much at this stage and they're coming from a fair way back. They have got a few of their ex juniors back but so have a few other clubs. The way I see it for next year at this stage is
Torquay
Ammos
Queenscliff/Barwon Heads
Anglesea/Ocean Grove

Yes it's not even 2016 yet and it's obviously big calls to be predicting anything this early. I just don't see that they've added too much at this stage and they're coming from a fair way back. They have got a few of their ex juniors back but so have a few other clubs. The way I see it for next year at this stage is
Torquay
Ammos
Queenscliff/Barwon Heads
Anglesea/Ocean Grove

What about Moddewarre?

Who is coaching Port Arlington these days. How are they travelling for next season?
It's Matthew Sproule, think it's his 3rd year coming up in 2016. I'm a Port man, but I can't see a lot of improvement to be honest. And I don't care what anyone says though, don't tell me every team is spending the same amount of money in 2016, the "salary cap" doesn't exist, in reality, because of under the table payments, payments to spouses and "in kind" payments made by some clubs, and because of this the bottom teams such as Port will never improve unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back