BFL Bellarine Football League 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of salary caps, heard through a mate at Ammos that they're secretly delighted with Dodd (6 weeks) and Smith's (5 weeks) grand final suspensions as it frees up some room in their salary cap. They're apparently on the verge of signing a big GFL name after Christmas.

Speaking of salary caps, heard through a mate at Ammos that they're secretly delighted with Dodd (6 weeks) and Smith's (5 weeks) grand final suspensions as it frees up some room in their salary cap. They're apparently on the verge of signing a big GFL name after Christmas.

We're all entitled to an opinion but

1. Port has poor crowds
2. Ground surface is pretty good
3. Facilities are the equal worst in the league. Recent renovations have upgraded most clubs to an excellent standard except for Drysdale Port and Newcomb.
4. Best Culture? i suppose you have to be inside a club to fully gauge that, but it certainly isn't a winning culture. No finals for around 20 years?
5. Best town? Also only just below newcomb as the town with the highest unemployment and lowest socioeconomic status in the league. Also neighbouring St.Leonards has a huge ice problem and a high rate of murder!
What an arrogant, misinformed person you must be.
1/ Port have very good loyal crowds, opposition supporters don't come because they arrogantly expect to win anyway and can't be bothered coming.
2/ The Surface is 2nd to none. It's used every season for BFL and BPCA (Incl. A Grade) finals.
3/ The facilities have had a full renovation last season, don't know when u were last inside there, but don't comment if you don't know the facts. You'd be one of those people who sit in the car at the footy and bring your own drinks I reckon.
4/ Culture isn't just about winning GF's. Its about promoting Juniors, promoting a healthy inclusive environment, being a part of the community, not having players suspended, no infighting, respectful supporters etc.
5/ You are misinformed again. The majority of Ports population are older retired people, wealthy and self funded. Take a drive down the Esplanade and Newcomb Street next time you are in this great town. And why make a joke about a problem like the Ice Epidemic? Every town has it, including your's. You aren't from Ocean Grove are you. The wanna be hippy surfer town that got lost in the 70's and never recovered? Going from the cow paddock oval to the new windswept, dustbowl, shithole.

What an arrogant, misinformed person you must be.
1/ Port have very good loyal crowds, opposition supporters don't come because they arrogantly expect to win anyway and can't be bothered coming.
2/ The Surface is 2nd to none. It's used every season for BFL and BPCA (Incl. A Grade) finals.
3/ The facilities have had a full renovation last season, don't know when u were last inside there, but don't comment if you don't know the facts. You'd be one of those people who sit in the car at the footy and bring your own drinks I reckon.
4/ Culture isn't just about winning GF's. Its about promoting Juniors, promoting a healthy inclusive environment, being a part of the community, not having players suspended, no infighting, respectful supporters etc.
5/ You are misinformed again. The majority of Ports population are older retired people, wealthy and self funded. Take a drive down the Esplanade and Newcomb Street next time you are in this great town. And why make a joke about a problem like the Ice Epidemic? Every town has it, including your's. You aren't from Ocean Grove are you. The wanna be hippy surfer town that got lost in the 70's and never recovered? Going from the cow paddock oval to the new windswept, dustbowl, shithole.
Preaching about respectful supporters on one hand, calling an opposition's ground a shithole on the other. Practice what you preach footyman!

why didn't you forward the post mentioning Drysdale's sign on fees to AFL Vic and AFL Barwon like you did the ones concerning Ammos & Grubbers? Or aren't the Drysdale 'accusations' as legitimate as the Ammo & Grubber ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah we heard a couple of pages back he is going there to enjoy his footy. Play for the love of the game and embrace the club culture.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
That's why everyone plays there at the golf course d12.

We all know there's no way Ammos will be legally under the cap this year.... Let's hope AFL Barwon are all over them...
Mailman32, we all know there are different rules for different clubs, and AFL Barwon area as weak as. So nothing will happen, it will be business as usual for the Golf Course. I Like your work Mailman 32. Keep it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DeGois back to Queenscliff. Lucky they've got an extra couple of points up their sleeve to fit em all in. Surely AFL Barwon have to explain this decision???

Didn't make the finals last year so extra points? Or that's how i read it?
De Gois has played 3 seasons there so guessing he'd only be a couple of points anyway.

Who is Adam Sewell?

De Gois has played 3 seasons there so guessing he'd only be a couple of points anyway.

Who is Adam Sewell?
Missed the finals by a game so they are not a basket case. I get that DeGois may only be a one or two pointer, but add him to the 8 other recruits Queenscliff have signed, and I am wondering they are gifted additional points??

Missed the finals by a game so they are not a basket case. I get that DeGois may only be a one or two pointer, but add him to the 8 other recruits Queenscliff have signed, and I am wondering they are gifted additional points??

I don't think you have to be a "basket case" to get 2 extra points. Anglesea and Modda finished above them and get the same points. Recruiting 8 blokes is only good if you have enough 1 pointers already playing 1s to ensure they all fit in!

Who is Adam Sewell?
Sewell, brother of Brad. Captained Ballarat Interleague team in 2015. Has played Vic Country. Midfielder, hb

Lock in the Tigers for Premiers! Wowee...... watch this space.

What for the reserves premiership? They still won't beat Ammos.
Have Torquay found a ruckman?

Just a question on the salary cap does the accomodation that Torquay offer the big name players go into the salary cap? I can't see how Torquay can spend under 100k.

They've recruited two GFL reserves players as their coaches, another GFL reserves player, have had Gibbs, De Gois and Durran return. And picked up two GFL senior players in Newton and Graham. So basically they've 'recruited' two senior GFL players of note that would be worth however many points. Are you from the golf course Fabuloso and trying to direct attention elsewhere?

Adam Sewell from Ballarat to Torquay.
Sewell, brother of Brad. Captained Ballarat Interleague team in 2015. Has played Vic Country. Midfielder, hb

2 time Redan premiership coach Brendan Peace also joining Torquay. Shits all over Sewell. Getting on a bit but silky skilled ball magnet and great leader. Another midfielder.

Don't tarnish blokes with accusations of being from the Golf course, jeez

"Reserves" players don't really matter (both played seniors through out the year) are still coming down from a premier comp! Gibbs, Durran or Degois were never a Q junior so points will be there too, along with the other GFL players (graham was OG junior, so interesting welcome back for him!) so the question is valid!
Pretty sure Gibbs played all juniors for Queenscliff and is from Queenscliff... The other two have played there for at least three years each... Anyway, the point I was making is they haven't gone out and recruited 'huge' names and paid out big $$, unlike some other clubs...

Right on Gibbs, mixed him up with measures!

They've been told they won't be playing against some of the lower teams to maximise salary cap room, not sure if other clubs have followed this also, but it's an interesting way to go about the season
I don't think I follow.. You're telling me some recruits or high paying players won't play some games to fit in salary cap? Or do you mean points? And are you talking about Queenscliff? I don't think many teams could do that, wouldn't want to slip up and lose to a team you should beat.

Right on Gibbs, mixed him up with measures!

They've been told they won't be playing against some of the lower teams to maximise salary cap room, not sure if other clubs have followed this also, but it's an interesting way to go about the season
Who are the so called "lower teams" you refer to? Portarlington beat them easily at the bowl last year, maybe they are getting a bit too cute the coutas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back