Ben Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

How the hell did this kid fall through the cracks? He could be a genuine superstar. Great pick up by North Melbourne. He was a talented youngster. Love watching him play!

I reckon he's up there with Cameron, Boyd, Hogan, McCarthy and Daniher as far as Young forwards go.

Good young kid, wanted the Bulldogs to take him that year and we instead went with Fuller.

Awkward looking as s**t though. I saw him play against Williamstown in 2013 and I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

good player, i like many others was onto him the year before he was drafted. We even promised his family that we will get him but we took Matt Fuller...

yea that was a wierd one, i was reading Bullies were pretty much the only one really into him in 2013.. He was even staying at at Mccartney's house for a little bit before the draft aswell from what i've heard..

Could've had a bag full today but uncharacteristically missed some set shots he would normally kick :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North board
tmpYz9Bi0.jpg

He is no frills, just puts in, reasonably accurate kick usually, takes some decent grabs, is good at ground level. I think he can become a quality FF but I am not sure he has the upside of other kids.

However, given the teams short on KPF it is a bit of a surprise because he was pretty good in the VFL the year we took him.

Very glad we got him, in hindsight. I was critical of our people to pick him up but I'm happy to eat my words now. :p

I'm doubtful that he'll reach the heights of Boyd, Daniher, Hogan etc but at this stage he's shown as much as any of them (except Jeremy Cameron). It's nice to have a decent young key forward as they're rare and hard to get your hands on outside of the top draft picks and FS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back