Scandal Ben Cousins at it again - Arrested

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy has fried his brain from drug overuse. Dont know if you've seen someone actually lose their mind from this sort of thing, but this has all the hallmarks of phsycosis. Someone was saying he at times thinks he's back in the 96 grand final - probably his happy place.

Oh, I was completely unaware he was taking drugs and losing his mind. Thanks. :D

I heard, I think it was on 6PR, when the police nabbed him in the SAS barracks he thought he was a elite soldier... if that's true he's cooked. Probably thinks he was on a mission or something.

Putting him in a psych ward may not necessarily help as he will probably be surrounded by people who are in a similar state. It will also fuel his paranoia. Being in the "real world" can help someone come back to reality.

He needs to get off the substance(s) though (assuming that's the issue) and onto medication and unfortunately there's no way to ensure that happens other than locking him up with a bunch of similarly ill people.
Where do you put him, then?

It's an amazing fall from grace. He really had everything and I just don't see how he can be helped. You'd almost hope by this stage that he hasn't wanted to help himself yet, because he's in real trouble otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

probably paranoid schizophrenia mixed in too..it's a tragedy, no other word for it. anyone finding enjoyment in this is either full of s**t or needs it happen to their loved one.
Michael Johnson is devastated that this guy keeps stealing his crown as the number 1 drug affected footy player in WA.
jonno.JPG1.JPG

Part of it relates to him leaving Perth and finding somewhere where he can be anonymous and not be hassled by the media, the fans or the police.

The thing that will stop him being 'hassled by the media, the fans or the police' is to clean himself up, not the other way round.

Part of it relates to him leaving Perth and finding somewhere where he can be anonymous and not be hassled by the media, the fans or the police.

I don't agree with this. Not having a go at you or trying to make light of the situation but running / removing yourself from the problem doesn't work. He went to Esperance (pretty sure that was the locaiton) to do exactly this and got caught with gear up his bum... He needs serious medical/clinical help in my opinion and location is an irrelevant detail.

Benny can be helped/saved.

The other part is his mental stability. Get him the help he clearly needs.

The location isn't the problem, it's acknowledging you have a problem and then seeking help for that problem that will save him.

statistics say that he will relapse many times and may never get off the gear. in fact its something like 10% of meth addicts actually get off it and stay off it for the remainder of their lives. The rest abstain for periods but relapse again and again. Alot will try to just work it around their lives (less self destructive, more oh well it is what it is lets try and live a decent life) usually through injecting it and cutting down their use so they don't go broke. It is without doubt (once you have a taste for it) the most addictive thing on the planet. You cannot un go there so to speak. :(

statistics say that he will relapse many times and may never get off the gear. in fact its something like 10% of meth addicts actually get off it and stay off it for the remainder of their lives. The rest abstain for periods but relapse again and again. Alot will try to just work it around their lives (less self destructive, more oh well it is what it is lets try and live a decent life) usually through injecting it and cutting down their use so they don't go broke. It is without doubt (once you have a taste for it) the most addictive thing on the planet. You cannot un go there so to speak. :(

It is very sad. More needs to be done about trying to scare people off from even trying it. From what I understand, you're correct in saying it is the most addictive drug ever, which makes it hard for me to understand why people even give it a go. Surely there has to be more education into what this drug does to peoples lives and try to discourage people from trying it that first time. I guess of course you will always have the 'Oh, it won't happen to me, I have complete control' kinda people. Tough one. Very sad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back