Scandal Ben Cousins at it again - Arrested

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Why is the joke on him, Mainy died from a cocktail of drugs overdose and has a wing named after him.

Cousins is a self confessed junkie whose life is spiralling out of control,

You weren't one of the people holding up the " we applaud what you have overcome Ben " banners were you ? He really sucked you blokes in.
Can't like this enough.. Total disgrace that naming happened and people seemed happy to accept it.

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I found a certain biography in a Subiaco bookstore of all places last year.
The irony in the following passage is sad beyond belief.
And no - I am in no way suggesting the Father is in any way responsible for the son's demise.

View attachment 122788
Anyone who could even dare to question what Hub provided for Chris is out of their mind.
I know plenty of people in Geraldton who would have knocked that blokes block off on Hubs behalf!

ChesterTreasure

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone who could even dare to question what Hub provided for Chris is out of their mind.
I know plenty of people in Geraldton who would have knocked that blokes block off on Hubs behalf!
The irony is perhaps in how Chris eventually let his Father down after all he had done for him and despite what that idiot had said to Hub that day.

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
The irony is perhaps in how Chris eventually let his Father down after all he had done for him and despite what that idiot had said to Hub that day.
Spot on, though comparing Chris to Cousins is not accurate...
And sadly, Hub is last person to deserve that!

To Chris's credit, he was able to act like a normal person, he never forgot where he came from, never acted bigger than anyone, always gave people the time they deserved, and yet he still met an unfortunate end. You would think Cousins would have learnt that bad things can happen to anyone out of all this.

But to compare the two is just drawing a long bow to make an argument sound good.

I'm not condoning Chris's use of drugs, nor ignoring the fact his death hurt so many people or could have been avoided, but Ben Cousins will never be anywhere the person Chris was.

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Would house arrest be a good option for cousins... Provided he had someone with him 24/7...
Take away avenue for him to get drugs, under the eye of people who actually care for him...
sober him up in the process?

Spot on, though comparing Chris to Cousins is not accurate...
And sadly, Hub is last person to deserve that!

To Chris's credit, he was able to act like a normal person, he never forgot where he came from, never acted bigger than anyone, always gave people the time they deserved, and yet he still met an unfortunate end. You would think Cousins would have learnt that bad things can happen to anyone out of all this.

But to compare the two is just drawing a long bow to make an argument sound good.

I'm not condoning Chris's use of drugs, nor ignoring the fact his death hurt so many people or could have been avoided, but Ben Cousins will never be anywhere the person Chris was.

many have compared the two, given they shared the same counter argument to peoples concern "if i deliver on field what do you care what i do off it" and then the club deliberately turning a blind eye to it and enabling it

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling
Would house arrest be a good option for cousins... Provided he had someone with him 24/7...
Take away avenue for him to get drugs, under the eye of people who actually care for him...
sober him up in the process?

Who do you think will baby sit him 24/7

Feerits Elf

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 28, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
St Kilda
Who do you think will baby sit him 24/7
Say hello to your friends

e1bac430-4d1f-0132-4208-0ebc4eccb42f.jpg

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling
Why is it all over the news then and why are most people saying he deserves to be where he is based purely on where he came from?

He has been getting away with this s**t for years, and his celebrity status has spared him on many occasions.

I would say its all wearing a bit thin now,

He has been getting away with this s**t for years, and his celebrity status has spared him on many occasions.

I would say its all wearing a bit thin now,

He has now been told that they don't care who he is that if he breaches bail conditions again, he will be going to jail.

I was at an Eagles game 1day, standing with a mate in a restricted viewing area. Mainly walked up with a mate of his, turned to me & said, 'can't see much here, don't go anywhere, I'll be back in a minute' he came back & took us up to some really good seats, where the 4 of us sat drinking beer watching the game together.
Never met him before that, but thought it was a pretty good act.

Not that I condone his drug lifestyle or like the fact he has a wing named after him.

Just adding to what Hank wrote above

My partner and I knew mainy very well (Gero crew). My partner is a upper school teacher and every year mainy would come out to the school free of charge and spend the afternoon with the kids - never once did he reneg.

I don't condone drugs but Chris was very very different from cousins as were his lifestyle choices - while he enjoyed the party lifestyle he still had his s**t together and fulfilled all his commitments - there was not a selfish bone in his body and it breaks my heart that drugs stole his life and that people only remember him for that rather than all the wonderful things he did.

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
My partner and I knew mainy very well (Gero crew). My partner is a upper school teacher and every year mainy would come out to the school free of charge and spend the afternoon with the kids - never once did he reneg.

I don't condone drugs but Chris was very very different from cousins as were his lifestyle choices - while he enjoyed the party lifestyle he still had his s**t together and fulfilled all his commitments - there was not a selfish bone in his body and it breaks my heart that drugs stole his life and that people only remember him for that rather than all the wonderful things he did.

Do u announce that in public, i tried to hide it hahahaha

Do u announce that in public, i tried to hide it hahahaha

:p:D No never -- I try to avoid as much as possible mentioning where I grew up. I left there when I was 18 and apart from weddings, funerals and family commitments I avoided going back as much as I could. As I "mature" the lure of beach side living lures me more and more

Back