• Ben Cunnington

Votes: 63 31.0%
  • Dyson Heppell

Votes: 140 69.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm just desensitised because every time a Key Forward destroys a side everyone says he reminds them of Carey

Just calling out a guy who clearly never saw Leigh Matthews play.
And now certain people think Cunnington is comparable to Leigh Matthews. There's the biggest indication yet of how supporters can overage their own. Heppell never stood a chance

Yeah...nah you weren't.

three holes in the ground!!

I wasn't the one who turned it into a stat off.

Anyways both my eyes and the stats tell me Cunners is a better inside mid. Heppell probably has him covered in other areas though

Edit: I have no idea what the 'three holes in the ground!!' Reference is.

Can you enlighten me Licker?

Last edited:
That bit is right.

I tend to judge players on what I see rather that reading player 1 having marginally favourable stats against player 2.

The thing about SC-DT/stats sites I dislike about it is that people these days tend to use it as a basis to form an opinion on a players worth. Not saying your doing that in this case, but a lot of people to just point to statistics.

Wallis also polled 46 Coaches voted this year, would have been second overall to Goldstein at north, to Cunnington's 38. In a team that won more games during the voting period.

Wallis and Heppell would probably make a better poll

Wallis also polled 46 Coaches voted this year, would have been second overall to Goldstein at north, to Cunnington's 38. In a team that won more games during the voting period.

You've been banging on about Wallice and Cunnuington being a good comparison. Why don't you stick your neck out for once and start a Cunnington v Wallice poll?

image.gif

Both are pretty bad haha. I'd agree though.

I always liked my hair short for sport and head bands can GGF. I honestly don't know whow guys like Heppell have full vision? Maybe that's why he can't kick forwards and always goes backwards or sideways?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always liked my hair short for sport and head bands can GGF. I honestly don't know whow guys like Heppell have full vision? Maybe that's why he can't kick forwards and always goes backwards or sideways?

I get you wanted to use that great funny joke but it makes no sense. And it seems that a backwards sideways kicking Heppell is clearly better than Cunners.

I get you wanted to use that great funny joke but it makes no sense. And it seems that a backwards sideways kicking Heppell is clearly better than Cunners.

I love the way you say Clearly, it's as if you're trying to sell that it's undoubtedly better. Point is it's not. Full backs and backs in general can just kick it around and rack up useless stats ( I don't even have to look but I bet their DE is great), which Heppell exellcess at by the way.

The big problem with Essendons game plan is players unable to get the ball forward. They prefer to mud crab it across the grownd, yes the maintain possession and thier DE rate is high but who cares when all you're doing is allowing the opposition more time to get numbers behind the ball. They lack any genuine Afl standard Key forward. Joey may pluck one and is an immense talent, but he is unreliable in front of goal. Same goes for Hooker. No point grabbing them if you can't kick them

This is probably issue number one when Essendon go forward. They have no one reliable to kick goals.

Anyway back on topic. Heppell is like a ruck in rugby. He feeds of the back of the pack and looks for the easiest way to maintain possession. Not a knock, it's just the way he plays

Except Heppell doesn't skirt around the pack, he's in the pack. Try actually watching a game rather than all your knowledge coming from the North board.

Oh for * sake I feel like this thread is going around in circles.
Cunners Hardball > Heppell
Heppell Outside > Cunners
Surely anywon with a brain cell realises this.

Oh for **** sake I feel like this thread is going around in circles.

No one is disputing that, but you continue to try and imply that Heppell is a crab with no inside game. You are the main offender for making this go in circles.

Oh for **** sake I feel like this thread is going around in circles.
Yes it is. Because NM supporters refuse to believe that Heppell is more than capable of winning the ball inside the pack.

The tagger gets realised from his usual role....has a solid year and now becomes a more established/better player?

I suppose Picken is a good player now too?

I get it...your a bulldogs supporter and you rate your players. Just leave it at that.

[QUOTE="Dan, post: 42019915, member: 97574"

I suppose Picken is a good player now too?

Are you saying he isn't? He had a great year.

Your logic is pretty flawed

I don't judge players on 1 season worth of footy. If I did I'd regard Goldstein as the greatest ruckman of all time.

I get it...your a bulldogs supporter and you rate your players. Just leave it at that.

On this too - it's just as misguided as the rest of your post. Particularly when threads like this and Cunnington's being pushed along by north supporters insecure about their players not being rated as the best

I don't judge players on 1 season worth of footy. If I did I'd regard Goldstein as the greatest ruckman of all time.

Picken was one of the best taggers in the comp and became a handy midfielder this year. He's a good footballer and has been most of his 150-game career.

North fans don't like him because of the boomer incident. How many weeks did Harvey get for that again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back