Ben Cunnington vs Tom Liberatore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you rate better?

Feel this should be a real even poll, both have the tools to be in the top echelon of inside midfielders for their age group.

I feel I can't comment without my bias creeping in so I'll leave the poll open.

I get the idea Ben will become one of those vastly underrated types for a long time.

Oh, good thread.

Can't think of a young inside mid with better vision in close than these two.

Both of them will take time. I haven't seen much of Libba this year but Cunnington has gone up a gear. The BF community will take a while to realise this of course.

FWIW I like Mitch Wallis as well. He's another who will take time.

EDIT: Just saw the poll results. Baffling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, good thread.

Can't think of a young inside mid with better vision in close than these two.

Both of them will take time. I haven't seen much of Libba this year but Cunnington has gone up a gear. The BF community will take a while to realise this of course.

FWIW I like Mitch Wallis as well. He's another who will take time.

EDIT: Just saw the poll results. Baffling.

U admit u haven't seen much of Libba this year but are then baffled by the results of the poll???

Cunners has been pretty good this year, playing various roles for the team. Some games he has been playing as a defensive blocker at stoppages, others as a pure ball winner with trots up forward. Overall he is playing pretty limited game time, around the 70% mark, so his output has been limited accordingly. His fitness is improving now he has continuity in training and games. Coming along nicely.

Doggies, has Libba been playing as a see ball get ball mid or is he being thrown around?

I saw most of his games last year. I've now seen 2-3 of his games this year and he's been below Cunnington's 2012 standard.

And now?

was looking forward to the pair going head to head, but didn't look like Cunnington got much midfield time.

And now?

was looking forward to the pair going head to head, but didn't look like Cunnington got much midfield time.

Cunnington's move from back to forward seems to be one of the better moves for the Roos this year. Knows where to go, clean hands and stands up in the tackle.

Would have been interesting to see him go head to head with lil libba but he is behind Swallow and Ziebell and with our scatter run and handball plan (if you can call it that) we need more run and carry players in teh middle.

Is Libba tougher than Picken:D

FWIW Doggies were better from the opening bounce and deserved the win. Alot of threads about how cr@p North are but a little credit should go to the Doggies

Ben will end up a utility as opposed to a pure midfielder.

Liberatore might get a few more stats but he is very vanilla in regards to impact.

Ben will end up a utility as opposed to a pure midfielder.

Liberatore might get a few more stats but he is very vanilla in regards to impact.

Libba had 6 clearances yesterday, 2 more than anyone in your whole side. It was pretty evident yesterday that whoever was winning the clearances was kicking goals, as is usually the case, so it's pretty easy to argue that Liberatore had a significant impact. He's a pure inside mid, so he's been doing his job very well. Has extremely clean hands, and at stoppages sets up our outside players to finish off his good work. Nothing "vanilla" about him.

But as you say, and has been mentioned, Cunnington didn't play much midfield yesterday, and it looks like he's going to end up more like a utility.

Apologies, let me rephrase.

Libba looks to be a bit more blue collar than Cunners, and more of a full time midfielder.

I think it's a poor comparison.

Incidentally my 55 kg sister would have won more clearances than most North players yesterday.

Apologies, let me rephrase.

Libba looks to be a bit more blue collar than Cunners, and more of a full time midfielder.

I think it's a poor comparison.

Incidentally my 55 kg sister would have won more clearances than most North players yesterday.

Agreed, Libba looks like he will be spending a lot more time purely as a mid. Cunnington is more of a "jack of all trades - master of none" sort of player (may end up being a master of something, expression just suited the situation).

Both will be guns though. Very certain of it.

They're both very up and down at the moment, and had 2-3 very good games and some forgettable.
Will be interesting to see who runs out the year better

This is exactly the point. I guess it's the nature of the polls but after a good or bad game we come back as if that single game proves alot.

Both have been effective and been a bit up and down. For their age it's more important to look at how many games over the season they have had an impact.

Wouldn't have a clue exactly how many Libba has but I'd say Cunnington is sitting on 4 above average games out of 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back