Moved Thread Ben Griffiths Contract Discussion - SIgned

How much would you offer Griffiths per year (assume 2yr contract)?

• Lower

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 4.5%

Votes: 22 14.3%

Votes: 67 43.5%

Votes: 42 27.3%

Votes: 6 3.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Higher

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not one to get into the Vicks v Griff hype as i rate them both but I will say this, in the last 5 minutes against Sydney, Crows, Carlton and Essendon this year Griff has stood tall and taken some big grabs or done things at ground level. Just a gem in the last 5 minutes.

Also we have never played as well as we have in the first quarter and I think that was a big part to Griff dominating at HF. Was just amazing early and will be scary if we can get some consistency throughout a match into him.

Anyone still think he is leaving after watching them sing the song after today's game?
No chance of him walking, looked very very happy and loved his teammates. IMO of course
Was thinking to myself "someone give him a pen now!!" he was pumped and loving it. As he ran down towards us after the final siren he looked so happy. Would be stunned if he doesn't stay.

I'm not one to get into the Vicks v Griff hype as i rate them both but I will say this, in the last 5 minutes against Sydney, Crows, Carlton and Essendon this year Griff has stood tall and taken some big grabs or done things at ground level. Just a gem in the last 5 minutes.

Also we have never played as well as we have in the first quarter and I think that was a big part to Griff dominating at HF. Was just amazing early and will be scary if we can get some consistency throughout a match into him.

Quality post and good pickup - has stood up a number of times and he was one of the key reasons we were flying early yesterday, was heavily involved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd been in denial for quite some time because I'd hate to agree with Mr Magic, but as the game evolves towards bigger key position players, I'm seeing that JR is really more suited to be that third tall forward.

Comparing to, say, the Hawks, he's our Gunston. Griff is the roaming CHF (Buddy, before he left) and we just need Vickery to really start imposing himself deep ala Roughead. Get that forward line functioning, and making space for each other rather than crowding each other, and look out!

I think we need to re sign Griff- I really like him but not too carried away yet.

Anyway, what I've noticed with Griff in the side is how long its been since we've had a decent forward structure.

Tall CHF, good FF, and then dangerous mid and small sized players coming through (Lids, Cotch, Dusty, Edwards)

If we dont retain Edwards, a similar setup needs to be a priority

I'd been in denial for quite some time because I'd hate to agree with Mr Magic, but as the game evolves towards bigger key position players, I'm seeing that JR is really more suited to be that third tall forward.

Comparing to, say, the Hawks, he's our Gunston. Griff is the roaming CHF (Buddy, before he left) and we just need Vickery to really start imposing himself deep ala Roughead. Get that forward line functioning, and making space for each other rather than crowding each other, and look out!

Mcbean will be our Gunstan....

What i liked from the game was a long chase across the forward / half forward line. Can't remember who he was chasing, and their wasn't much hope of him catching the swan. Even when another swan tried to put a block on, he didn't give up. just kept close enough that if the swan stopped and propped for a second, Grif would have gobbled him up.

Back