Moved Thread Ben Griffiths Contract Discussion - SIgned

How much would you offer Griffiths per year (assume 2yr contract)?

• Lower

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 4.5%

Votes: 22 14.3%

Votes: 67 43.5%

Votes: 42 27.3%

Votes: 6 3.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Higher

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I like your positivity based on players body language after emotional victories but I hope you're right
Big offers can also make managers push you to think differently this is why I'm not sold on the fact he's signed up so I will remain nervous until its done
Lol i am a little on the half full side generally. Yes I think we are going to win the flag!! :)

As for body language .... Remember dusty towards the end of last year??

GUNN, that's we're I'd differ... TV is not interchangeable with the other two .. especially not Griff. hes much less mobile, and has much lower all-round field play skills.. especially once the pill is contested. His lack of versatility means the other two are, by default, restricted in their roles (cant have two stay at home -mark it or nothing-forwards) - so overall the match ups become much simpler for the opposition. TV (or Treacle as I like to call him) is the easiest match up in the entire team.

I used to rate TV two years ago, but not only has he gone backward personally, the change in team structure has also worked against him I think. It was ok to have a relatively static tall clumper target when we had king, nahas and white nipping around his ankles applying the roving and defensvie pressure. Now we have two highly mobile roving forwards and the mids rotating through instead. Its a different dynamic that makes his style less effective. IF we have to bet down, I'd pay Grif, develop McBean and trade TV and a pick for an A-lister top up somewhere.
After listening to Chief Gale last night it appears
TV has dropped a few rungs in the pecking order,but I hope he's still on the list as a back up to Maric. If he goes down injured as early in the year our rucks set up was awful

GUNN, that's we're I'd differ... TV is not interchangeable with the other two .. especially not Griff. hes much less mobile, and has much lower all-round field play skills.. especially once the pill is contested. His lack of versatility means the other two are, by default, restricted in their roles (cant have two stay at home -mark it or nothing-forwards) - so overall the match ups become much simpler for the opposition. TV (or Treacle as I like to call him) is the easiest match up in the entire team.

I used to rate TV two years ago, but not only has he gone backward personally, the change in team structure has also worked against him I think. It was ok to have a relatively static tall clumper target when we had king, nahas and white nipping around his ankles applying the roving and defensvie pressure. Now we have two highly mobile roving forwards and the mids rotating through instead. Its a different dynamic that makes his style less effective. IF we have to bet down, I'd pay Grif, develop McBean and trade TV and a pick for an A-lister top up somewhere.
So T is for Treacle. So what is the V for?

That's why I rattled this thread weeks ago bc clubs
had already shown interest from the Freo game onwards,but recently he's been showing heaps of potential and my fear was we were going to lose him. Then the BG value vote idea was introduced to the thread by flea. His manager had a meeting with the club weeks ago still no murmurs and then a rumour on PRE said an announcement during this week .so we all wait in anticipation bc I think his value to other teams is way over what the club and most posters think
I stated weeks ago Our original offer wouldn't get BG out of bed and he would go based on it
Tiger71 mentioned he hasn't signed , but I'm not sure anymore bc of the contradictions going around Especially now that you've thrown in some more dirty laundry

All I heard is that the sticking point was time not really cash. I have heard we have reached a agreement for both partys and it should be announced, if all goes well sooner rather then later. I tip before the port game.

Either believe it or not, could not really give a s**t. One thing i dont do is lie, so if I am wrong, s**t happens but i dont post what I know unless I 100% bank the info I have heard is right.

All I heard is that the sticking point was time not really cash. I have heard we have reached a agreement for both partys and it should be announced, if all goes well sooner rather then later. I tip before the port game.

Either believe it or not, could not really give a s**t. One thing i dont do is lie, so if I am wrong, s**t happens but i dont post what I know unless I 100% bank the info I have heard is right.
im not disagreeing t71 .Time is what i heard also.Remember more time =less money p.a on a capped total.so the aim was to reduce time to increase his annual amount.im not saying youre wrong i actually 100"% agree with you based on what i goT. I just got worried with RD new claim as it contradicted our thoughts.So please start giving a shxt as we need your expertise and insight;)

im not disagreeing t71 .Time is what i heard also.Remember more time =less money p.a on a capped total.so the aim was to reduce time to increase his annual amount.im not saying youre wrong i actually 100"% agree with you based on what i goT. I just got worried with RD new claim as it contradicted our thoughts.So please start giving a shxt as we need your expertise and insight;)

We will know more today, for that I am fairly certain ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Till Goodes gets it out of his game. Or if i can get someone to do a Chaplin airplane giff for the port game :p

But what about Lego Man Ellis? :(

Aeroplane was priceless.
tDbhbpu.gif

I dont buy into the cant play 3 talls thinking thats been mentioned here by BG

Jack Riewoldt is the joker in the box and plays very much both as a KPF & Mid sized foward like a gunston/Johnson
Tyrone is your typical stay home FF & BG Is your Roaming CHF

The best part about these 3 players is that they are all interchangable and create relief in the Ruck for Ivan
He means structurally we're not ready with a game plan that supports the three talls. Basically it has to be a game plan that produces more output than Deledio kicking 2-3 goals every week otherwise it's pointless to change. And you don't radically change your style the first week of finals from something that's working.

Like I said, they'll review it come off season and work on something that provides another option to the club, not replacing.

Back