Ben Griffiths, Jake Carlisle, Aaron Black

Which of these will make it? (can vote for more than one)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hes been good. Not superb, but good. The stats dont show that but watching him does. Has also been crucial at the death in atleast two tight wins I can remember.

Most importantly for him he seems to at least have bedded down a position. 2 weeks at CHB, a week in the ruck and a month at CHF is just not conducive to getting the best out of anyone (see Carlisle, even though Jake did do relatively well when thrown back or into the ruck).

Hopefully he can build on that next year without the fear of being dropped or switched ends.

Griffo's had a very good season and his poll results (many votes I suspect are from last season) don't reflect his current output. He's now playing with confidence and starting to kick goals. And if his improvement continues, after another preseason he'll be looking like a 200 gamer for sure (just my opinion). Recently re-signed with the Tiges so the club obviously sees a bright future in this kid.

this poll should be restarted if you wanna get an accurate view. carlisle would have got tons of votes last year as he was the only one playing good footy, or even footy at all, and anyone who has changed their mind because of this year may have already voted for him.

that said id still take carlisle, griffiths, black in that order. black has done more than griffiths so far but i just see griffiths having more potential with another year of consistent game time and i dont think black is going to get much better than he already is.

this poll should be restarted if you wanna get an accurate view. carlisle would have got tons of votes last year as he was the only one playing good footy, or even footy at all, and anyone who has changed their mind because of this year may have already voted for him.

that said id still take carlisle, griffiths, black in that order. black has done more than griffiths so far but i just see griffiths having more potential with another year of consistent game time and i dont think black is going to get much better than he already is.

Realistically the poll should be closed as the original question was "who will make it AFL".

Realistically the poll should be closed as the original question was "who will make it AFL".
As the poll maker, the intention was to ask who would make it as an AFL player, i.e. forge a career.

Heaven forbid players can have second year blues.
It's his 5th year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never said players can't, but you're making out it's a change of role rather than a drop in form.

Also as has pointed out, this is his 5th year in the system, not his 2nd.
He's been injury plagued the majority of his career. This is his second year in the seniors, he's played less than 50 games. Pointless argument really, the topic asks which players will make it, I'm certain all 3 will barring catastrophe.

He's been injury plagued the majority of his career. This is his second year in the seniors, he's played less than 50 games. Pointless argument really, the topic asks which players will make it, I'm certain all 3 will barring catastrophe.
Agreed.

I think Griffiths has more roar talent than the others.

But at the moment it stands Carlisle, and equal between Black and Griffiths.

Carlisle is the clear front-runner at the moment, i like Black and i rekon he carried an injury this year too which has been mentioned. Griffiths for me has the highest ceiling, if he reaches it is another story, that goal he kicked against Port right at the end really highlights his abilities, is a great contested mark too, more game time will do wonders for his confidence.

I'd be interested in getting Aaron Black to Essendon if he continues to not get games this season.
What are you prepared to offer?

not that i want him to go or think he will be going anywhere, he has been injured and out of sorts.

What are you prepared to offer?

not that i want him to go or think he will be going anywhere, he has been injured and out of sorts.
2nd rounder at most if he plays less than 10 games.

I'd be interested in getting Aaron Black to Essendon if he continues to not get games this season.
If i were Black id want to be on the first plane to Brisvegas. Plenty of playing time up there

Back