Ben Jacobs, make an offer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade him to us. We'll show Adelaide how to get a Jacobs into the AA team. :thumbsu:
Haha

Jonts was the majority of his best SANFL form after his most recent AFL game? Saw some ~30 disposal matches on the SANFL Live Stats but not sure if he got another Port game after.

Would probably be of interest to a Vic club looking for some decently-rated midfielders in their developing years without having to go through the draft and using high picks.

Haha

Jonts was the majority of his best SANFL form after his most recent AFL game? Saw some ~30 disposal matches on the SANFL Live Stats but not sure if he got another Port game after.

Would probably be of interest to a Vic club looking for some decently-rated midfielders in their developing years without having to go through the draft and using high picks.

yeah mainly then, but also when he was coming back from injury last year

Rumour has it that this is his last year at Port and wants to go back to Victoria

2010 pick 16, has had a fair few games under his belt, has had amazing SANFL form but can't convert into great AFL games

What would you offer
Look, if I were to stop being a sarcastic arse for thirty seconds, Port's best chance is going to be to swap for a player in Victoria who hasn't lived up to pre-draft potential either, probably one who is contracted for another year so that Jacobs doesn't clog the list. I'm afraid that as a fairly anonymous contributor who's struggling to get a place in a team that hasn't performed particularly well this year, teams are only going to bite if it's genuinely a no-lose situation. Short of Josh Cowan - who hasn't done anything, well, hasn't even gotten on the park, but hey, he's South Australian - we haven't anything to offer you in that regard.

I'd be interested as a Demon fan but not sure what we could offer that would make sense - pick 13 is too high and our second rounder will probably be used on Jack Viney. Our spuds would be of no interest to you and a third rounder seems too cheap. I'd just offer Matthew Bate and a third rounder but I'm not a knob like most of the people who will post in this thread.

What would Port fans realistically expect in exchange for Jacobs?

Tapscott?

Still has at least 2 years on a contract and is very happy here in Melbourne with his best mate Trengove, so I doubt he would be traded. Not saying he is worth more, just don't see him being traded.

Fair to say in hindsight my rating of Jacobs was too high. Maybe in a different situation things might have worked out differently but you can never know.

I see him as a player who can be a clear best 22 player on most teams and be a real contributor but not a star.

Jacobs has a very reasonable inside game and can be an effective stoppage player and clearance player. Very good runner and accumulator. Has a long kick on him - just probably hasn't felt as comfortable at AFL level hitting targets as he did as a junior and is sporting a pretty average disposal efficiency.

I agree with elsler that with his game he is better suited to a midfield role than off half back. Kicking not precise enough to play off a back flank so he isn't really a playmaker and defensively also is pretty average.

Worth a high 2nd rounder and could be an ok get as a mid.

Putting my serious hat on, I would think a pick in the 30's, or something equivalent, would get the job done. All the clubs in the Caddy-Hunt that miss out on him may turn their attention to Jacobs, once they miss out on Caddy.

According to today's H/S we rated him pretty highly in the year he was drafted, so it wouldn't surprise me if we are interested again, but surely FB and back-up ruck are more pressing needs for us at the mo. Then again, Pelchan loves his "lefties", so he may be too hard to resist!

Going by what was said about him on the Port board, it seems he may not have settled/fitted in all that well over there, so he could really blossom if he returns home and ends up at a club that suits him well and does a good job of his development. Wouldn't be opposed to us getting him for the right price and if we get FB and back-up ruck sorted as well.

Pick 31 for Ben Jacobs. Seen him play, made some bad decision errors, but I see the talent in him. A left footer and can get a lot of the ball.

From Melbourne obviously so a return home to Richmond would be ideal for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 31 for Ben Jacobs. Seen him play, made some bad decision errors, but I see the talent in him. A left footer and can get a lot of the ball.

Why don't you guys just swap your whole list for Port Adelaide's list and save yourselves some time and hassle?

31 for Jacobs and Thomas wouldn't be too bad.

As would playing for any Vic club be ideal as he is, as you said, from Melbourne and the TIgers aren't the only club playing in the city...

They will laugh in your face and tell you to rack off to be perfectly honestly.

31 for Jacobs is a bit of a ripoff, at least on potential.

31 for Jacobs and Thomas, where do we sign?

gee if caddy = top ten pick getting jacobs for a fair bit less represents fantastic value for a club.

is a very good inside player who will rack up big numbers. needs to be played on the ball but is still just a kid. had gladular fever in the pre-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back