Player Watch Ben Kennedy (Traded to Dees 2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

I really feel for the kid.
Nice bloke and can tell he always busts his gut.

He has come into the side and put a lot of pressure on himself to perform as opposed to just going out there and playing footy.

I think it's likely he will come out this week for Adams although I wouldn't be against playing him again just to see how he bounces back.

All players can have stinkers... It happens.

SHOULD NEVER PLAY AGAIN.

SEE YOU LATER BEN KENNEDY
NOWHERE NEAR BEING UP TO THE REQUIRED LEVEL

Not sure why all the hate for BenKen. By comparison Fasolo / Blair have served up plenty of stinkers over their careers yet continue to get games and a spot on the list.

Sure he had a bad game but not nearly to the level that posters are intimating.

I say give the kid a decent run at it. I'm my view there are plenty of players ahead of him on the chopping block at year end, and from memory he is contracted next year.

Poor kids been crucified on here after only a handful of games

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If i was Ben Kennedy, i would tell collingwood to GAGF
Really? Someone had to make way for Elliott and Kennedy has been pretty horrible since being in the side.

I understand he needs a run but we can't be gifting games at this stage of the year with still a bit to play for. I'm a fan of his fwiw.

Eh I don't see how you can keep him in after a performance like that. Was one of the worst individual games from a player I've seen for awhile.

I'm sure he can put together a few solid games in the VFL then get another crack at AFL in a couple of weeks.

Really? Someone had to make way for Elliott and Kennedy has been pretty horrible since being in the side.

I understand he needs a run but we can't be gifting games at this stage of the year with still a bit to play for. I'm a fan of his fwiw.
I think hes too good for VFL but not quite ready to play an outstanding afl level yet. I would persist with him in the seniors over dwyer anyway. Write this season off as a development year or whatever....but i cant see the benefit of gifting dwyer games now

I think hes too good for VFL but not quite ready to play an outstanding afl level yet. I would persist with him in the seniors over dwyer anyway. Write this season off as a development year or whatever....but i cant see the benefit of gifting dwyer games now
I agree with that first bit, but I reckon they want to win some games and Dwyer helps us do that this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to reward players in the VFL who continue to put up good games, can't gift games to players who are under performing in the AFL either.
All about trying to build a strong culture in giving reward for effort.

We need to make finals, so we need Dwyer in because he's in good form, and more likely to be consistent.

Disappointed, once again he did not take his opportunity though I was hoping he would get a block of football to really see if he develops. Might be a victim of Bucks still think we can make the finals.

I'm calling it.

Ben Kennedy will probably request a trade.

And if not, I seriously doubt he'll get a game next season.

Unfortunate, definitely has a future in the AFL, and in my mind will definitely see himself at another club.

My prediction is he'll become a really solid footballer there too.

Really disappointing.

I'm calling it.

Ben Kennedy will probably request a trade.

And if not, I seriously doubt he'll get a game next season.

Unfortunate, definitely has a future in the AFL, and in my mind will definitely see himself at another club.

My prediction is he'll become a really solid footballer there too.

Really disappointing.

Well he can hardly feel like he has been hard done by after his performances.

4 times he failed to make the distance from 35-40metres out in front of goal.

Put Bucks in a hard position.

Well he can hardly feel like he has been hard done by after his performances.

4 times he failed to make the distance from 35-40metres out in front of goal.

Put Bucks in a hard position.
I'd agree if he wasn't given only 2 weeks to prove his worth.

He clearly can kick over 35-40 metres. I'm pretty sure you've even said this.

Maybe it did put Bucks in a hard position but in the end he's made the wrong decision.

Sam Dwyer ahead of Ben Kennedy? Laughable.

You have to reward players in the VFL who continue to put up good games, can't gift games to players who are under performing in the AFL either.
All about trying to build a strong culture in giving reward for effort.
Ben Jen has had a block of consistent good form in the vfl. Does Seedsman deserve to come in? Kennedy could have stayed in.

I'd agree if he wasn't given only 2 weeks to prove his worth.

He clearly can kick over 35-40 metres. I'm pretty sure you've even said this.

Maybe it did put Bucks in a hard position but in the end he's made the wrong decision.

Sam Dwyer ahead of Ben Kennedy? Laughable.

He can do a lot of things, but clearly has mental demons that have made his game fall apart at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back