Player Watch Ben Kennedy (Traded to Dees 2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Danniher, Boyd, Moore, Hogan, Patton,

In a couple of years I'll get back to you guys who's the best prospect out of all those.
I'd go with...
1.) Hogan
2.) Moore
3.) Daniher
4.) Boyd
5.) Patton

It's a fun exercize, and get excited cause we have a real gem in Moore.
Daniher will be better than Moore IMO. Cameron, Hogan and Daniher will be the best 3 key forwards by a mile.

Ben Kennedy is much better then what he displayed today.

If you want to see what he is capable of go watch his game vs GC last year.

His confidence is obviously shot.
This is excellent. Collingwood fans get so ******* spewed after just 1-2 bad games. FFS, he hasn't played AFL footy in so long. Has never got a good run of games to get used to AFL footy.

Remember Jamie Elliott? He was ******* s**t! But Bucks gave him more and more and more games, and then he eventually got there. He is doing the same with other young players like Moore, Maynard etc.

People on this board have to big expectations ... would like to see one of you guys go onto the field and see how many touches you guys can get.

With all the talk of 200cm key forwards being the new norm, are there actually any good ones? Daniher, Moore and Boyd are promising, but noone of that height has come through and become an established gun yet.

Interesting point. The two best young KPFs, Hogan and Cameron, are 195 and 196cm. That's always seemed a pretty ideal height for a tall forward to me. No doubt the fact that I'm 195cm influences that! Trav is 196. Buddy 196. Hawkins 197.

Once you push over 200 you start sacrifice a bit in terms of that speed/agility/power ratio.

Unless you're Thon Maker (look him up if you guys doing know who I mean). How the AFL scouts let basketball pouch him I don't know.

Daniher will be better than Moore IMO. Cameron, Hogan and Daniher will be the best 3 key forwards by a mile.

LOL writing off Moore as if he won't reach those heights as if it's an absolute. Why do we have so many 'realists' who feel the need to write off or downplay our list. Many Essendon supporters reckon that Daniher won't be the superstar they hope he will become and I don't remember him kicking a bag of five goals in his third game like Moore did either.

Truth is there's a long, long way to go, No-one could have foreseen the two knee-reconstructions that happened to Patton, if Daniher ends up a better player than Moore it will likely be better in the eye of the beholder, there probably won't be much that separates them.[/QUOTE]

This is excellent. Collingwood fans get so ******* spewed after just 1-2 bad games. FFS, he hasn't played AFL footy in so long. Has never got a good run of games to get used to AFL footy.

Remember Jamie Elliott? He was ******* s**t! But Bucks gave him more and more and more games, and then he eventually got there. He is doing the same with other young players like Moore, Maynard etc.

People on this board have to big expectations ... would like to see one of you guys go onto the field and see how many touches you guys can get.
Bit harsh on Elliott. Got 15 tackles in his second game or so IIRC

Bit harsh on Elliott. Got 15 tackles in his second game or so IIRC
I remember that, don't think it was his second game though. Point is he wasn't that good, and I remember people hating on him and asking ''why is Elliott still on the team?'' when he was in his 10th game or something. Point is I don't believe ''he will never be an AFL player'' that some people are saying. And the negativity of some people on this board also annoys me.

I remember that, don't think it was his second game though. Point is he wasn't that good, and I remember people hating on him and asking ''why is Elliott still on the team?'' when he was in his 10th game or something. Point is I don't believe ''he will never be an AFL player'' that some people are saying. And the negativity of some people on this board also annoys me.

You're comparing a 1st year player to a 3rd year player.

People saying Kennedy had a bad game are just being realists. If you want to bury your head in the sand and blatantly lie saying he had a decent game, or just forget the game even happened, then good for you.

Also isn't whinging about other people's post decidedly negative, something you detest in the first place?

Really feel for Kennedy but he really only has himself to blame for being dropped.

A couple of his misses for goals were just putrid! I could go to a local footy match, watch the reserves run around and the big fat full forward would kick the goals he missed.

It's just not acceptable to make so many fundemental mistakes at the top level.

Go back again, dominate the VFL and work on your disposal and footing. Then he might get another crack in the last couple weeks of the season.
Yep Hawks should drop Rioli now.

YOu might want to quit this board if negativity upsets you....

Just remembered BK is sponsored by this board, so slagging him off takes on much greater significance than the usual abuse of players, since he is much more likely to read this.
good work guys!:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't comment on what everyone else thought of Jamie Elliott, but imo he always showed a lot more signs that he was AFL quality than Kennedy has. Same with Moore and Maynard. I think you can already see AFL qualities showing through. Kennedy might just end up a Jamie Siddons. Good VFL player who struggles to take the next step. I hope Kennedy comes good but he's behind the 8 ball imo.

Just remembered BK is sponsored by this board, so slagging him off takes on much greater significance than the usual abuse of players, since he is much more likely to read this.
good work guys!:rolleyes:
No, I asked him in 2014 if he reads Bigfooty. He doesn't but did say he's sure some of the players would sneak on Bigfooty to read.

I can't comment on what everyone else thought of Jamie Elliott, but imo he always showed a lot more signs that he was AFL quality than Kennedy has. Same with Moore and Maynard. I think you can already see AFL qualities showing through. Kennedy might just end up a Jamie Siddons. Good VFL player who struggles to take the next step. I hope Kennedy comes good but he's behind the 8 ball imo.
Did Siddons even get a chance to take the next step?

Great work bk, clever goals and goal assist. ;)

Amity you call it well
The expectations here are, every player must be nat fyffe at his best every game if your a young pkayer; if youre established then you must ge gary ablett at his best every game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back