Draft Profile Ben Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not looking for a reason to fault him, in fact if you look at the "favourite draft prospect" thread, on the T&T board, you'll see that he is the one I listed. You might have also noticed that I was the one that started this thread and began my write-up with "Been really keen on him for a few weeks."

If we draft him I reckon I'll be pumped (as long as we didn't think he had an attitude problem, or big head).

I was just wondering how you knew he was "as committed as the other top 20 prospects" though, as not many on here would be very familiar with all 20 and how committed they all are, to be able to make a call like that. The fact that you know him personally is a very good start though.

I don't think anyone is questioning his commitment to his footy, BTW, but more how well he will fit into a team environment, if he does happen to have a lot of tickets on himself, or something along those lines.
Very well said.

The very first guy I've heard that said his weakness is his team acts. Blocking, defence and general team orientated play.

Not sure how that will go down with recruiters and supporters, but it was good to hear something else other than the regular 'need to work on my tank' line.

The very first guy I've heard that said his weakness is his team acts. Blocking, defence and general team orientated play.

Not sure how that will go down with recruiters and supporters, but it was good to hear something else other than the regular 'need to work on my tank' line.

I believe Gary Rohan said the same thing in 09. There's always one a year from what I recall, and they usually end up going rather high

Dennis Armfield would hate Kennedy if gets to Carlton. *runs from the Armfield apologists*

More speed, hardness and skill in our front half would be fair.

One might have to wait a year for him to get fit like Allen Christensen. That would make the Carlton boards interesting if picks 12, 13 and 14 have better debut years. ;)

Would love to be able to grab this kid, have seen a little bit of him and he is exactly the type of player we need, both in the short and longer term. Probably one of the few draftees who would potentially immediately push for a spot in our side, due to the position he plays. Our small forwards didn't exactly make a name for themselves in the finals, despite having reasonable years, plus we need a few extra guys with pace and skill.

Interesting to see where Ben gets drafted - he looks like being a star, albeit a short one much like Brent Harvey.

I think there is enough to his game that he will not slide out of the top 10 despite being small - great players like Platten and Tony McGuinnes were small and would both be stars in today's game so I do not see this as a deal breaker.

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that his height is going to be a "deal breaker", but there are other things that could see someone slip, such as what has been spoken about previously in this thread. A lot is going to depend on how he interviewed with the clubs that have picks in the first round. I would have been perfectly happy for us to have taken him when we had pick 13, if he interviewed well with us, that's for sure. He looks to have ample ability and many desirable attributes.

Seem's he has stagnated which is dissapointing. Sub again and really doesnt look like impacting a game unless Collingwood are on a role.
Stagnated? He played great in the preseason, and only playing a quarter against Fremantle he was in our top 5. When Bucks starts making Fasolo/Dwyer the sub Kennedy should really shine.

Stagnated? He played great in the preseason, and only playing a quarter against Fremantle he was in our top 5. When Bucks starts making Fasolo/Dwyer the sub Kennedy should really shine.

Yet he was still made sub. That is the issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he play well though? In the last when the game was over and Freo had the que in the rack he was rarely spotted.
He came on when we were 60 points down, Laid a few tackles and got 10 or so disposals. He was one of the few who didn't butcher the ball and looked composed when he was being chased. He played well in his situation.

He came on when we were 60 points down, Laid a few tackles and got 10 or so disposals. He was one of the few who didn't butcher the ball and looked composed when he was being chased. He played well in his situation.

Had one kick.......

Your point?

Even if you rate his game or not, he still had a great pre-season and a good 2013. He will be a good player for the Pies.

Well you lied basically when you posted he didnt butcher the ball. Unless you where being sarcastic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back