Injury Ben Reid Injured - announced 16th December, 4 - 6 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

If we had have added Reid into the Beams trade to get a kid who's played one year thrown in it would have gone down as the worst trade in the history of the game. It would have been worse than the Tom Boyd trade and that's saying something.

Depends a trade like that could go either way. Adding Aish and Greenwood to our midfield and losing Beam(trade) Maccaffer (acl) would improve our midfield. Considering Reid didn't play in 2014 our side already looks better looks better. It could be one of those deal were Reid stays healthy and we look like idiodt or Reid struggles to play 10 games at most in a season and we dodge a bullet plus improve our team.

Also if we lost Reid we could have gotten two metre Peter instead of De Goey who was a more talented prospect and slid because of our midfield needs.

How impressive are some of our supporters. Imagine if we'd only offered Reid a 2 year deal because of concerns about injury. He tells us to f off and goes elsewhere. TG and his band of merry morons use this as another example of Bucks creating dissent and causing players to leave.

I can't wait for Reid to get back to AA form, and I am confident he will. Four years is a long time. In 2006 Steve Johnson was a crock.

That's a Bullshit and stupid thing to say. You don't know that so why say it like it's fact? For all we know a fully fit Reid could have had an even bigger stinker. It's like saying if the 2010 gf went for another 5 minutes the saints would have won. Nobody knows that stuff, it's all speculation. Nobody knows the future or the outcomes of alternate realities so what's done is done.
According to quantam mechanics Reid did have a stinker and we still won in a parallel universe:p
At least those pies fans were happy

Tarrant was the better fit for Pod at the start I agree but Geelong didn't get hold of us until after he went off, when there was no longer a choice to make. Mick just didn't do anything.

There was something catastrophic about us playing against sides when a key forward went down under Malthouse. I reckon in rd 4 or so in 2010 Reiwoldt went off when we had the game in the bag and somehow we lost that game.

I don't think he is a good game day coach.

It probably is Bullshit but how do you know?

Reid was having a consistent AA year. The reason why he played poorly in the GF was because of the injury. Eliminate the injury and I have no daoubht he would have played to the standard he was performing all year.

I love this thread. All the gf's that some poor sod cost us. This is the one outstanding feature that being a collingwood supporter in my lifetime has offered: being able to blame some obviously at fault individual for failing at the last hurdle. Whether it be Carman, MM, Reid, the umps or Harmes (who clearly disserved it). That is without even develing into the VFL/AFl who have pretty much farked our chances every year, not to mention Vic Park for being too small. Personally, after the soul destroying defeat in 1980 I have never seen any reason to go beyond blaiming that bald headed gnome from the tiges, and he has never failed in delivering most years a good reason to do so. God helps us the day we actually accept we may not have actually been the best team at any given particular time. I will now go and wash my mouth out.

According to quantam mechanics Reid did have a stinker and we still won in a parallel universe:p
At least those pies fans were happy

Could you imagine THATSGOLD in said parallel universe? :eek::eek:
An ever positive and staunch defender of everything that is Collingwood. Now that is frightening.

EDIT: Unrelated, but we should compile a list of all the individuals who single-handedly cost us the 2011 GF. I'm finding it difficult to keep track of such an ever growing list.

Reid was having a consistent AA year. The reason why he played poorly in the GF was because of the injury. Eliminate the injury and I have no daoubht he would have played to the standard he was performing all year.
Yep, and the cats had beaten us twice already that year too so I have no doubt (for the sake of this argument) they would have beaten us again in the GF with or without a fit Reid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I found the real culprit;

B5CoaZUCAAEp1Xj.jpg

Damn you Santa, just you watch, Jesse is in danger now.
Well Jessie did mysteriously lose 8 kgs.

I will say it words that you can understand.

If Reid didn't get injured we win the 2011 premiership.

What part are yo not getting?

Oh I think I can understand any words that you may choose to use.

Really? Just 1 player cost us all that.

Perspective

Really. Thing is, he's an All Australian, who with Cloke could have been a killer combination. And he's not replaceable. You could take out a couple of midfielders and still have some replacements. But key forwards? Nope. With Reid, I think we might have edged into top-4, now we're fighting for the 8, in my opinion.

Really. Thing is, he's an All Australian, who with Cloke could have been a killer combination. And he's not replaceable. You could take out a couple of midfielders and still have some replacements. But key forwards? Nope. With Reid, I think we might have edged into top-4, now we're fighting for the 8, in my opinion.

Its december and he has a calf strain, not an ACL

How impressive are some of our supporters. Imagine if we'd only offered Reid a 2 year deal because of concerns about injury. He tells us to f off and goes elsewhere. TG and his band of merry morons use this as another example of Bucks creating dissent and causing players to leave.

I can't wait for Reid to get back to AA form, and I am confident he will. Four years is a long time. In 2006 Steve Johnson was a crock.

So here's an article about Stevie that's both uplifting for Reid and depressing as hell for Collingwood.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/st...longs-poster-boy/story-fnelctok-1226413175465

"Mooney recalled: "There were times when we would watch him run and we thought, 'This guy cannot get any movement in his ankle whatsoever'. We honestly thought that there is no way he is going to see out another couple of years. He looked done, it was that bad."

That's all well and good until you read the rest of the article...

"Collingwood made a PowerPoint presentation to Johnson at the club's Olympic Park headquarters, including graphics that showed a Magpies team with the young forward entrenched in the side.

Coach Mick Malthouse was taken by Johnson, and the feeling was mutual.

Terry Johnson said: "Steve was pretty rapt with Mick. If he had wanted to go to Collingwood, we would have supported it, but I wanted him to stay at the one club."

In the end, Johnson's medical scans, which revealed scar tissue around both of his ankles, meant Malthouse was overruled by the Pies' medical team."

And the rest is history.....
This is a prime example of why we stick by our players, I have no doubt that Reids troubles now in the scheme of things will be minor compared to the rest of his career, we trade him and there's every chance he becomes a great at another club.
Reid will put this s**ty year behind him and be back to his best in 2015.

Last edited:
So here's an article about Stevie that's both uplifting for Reid and depressing as hell for Collingwood.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/st...longs-poster-boy/story-fnelctok-1226413175465

"Mooney recalled: "There were times when we would watch him run and we thought, 'This guy cannot get any movement in his ankle whatsoever'. We honestly thought that there is no way he is going to see out another couple of years. He looked done, it was that bad."

That's all well and good until you read the rest of the article...

"Collingwood made a PowerPoint presentation to Johnson at the club's Olympic Park headquarters, including graphics that showed a Magpies team with the young forward entrenched in the side.

Coach Mick Malthouse was taken by Johnson, and the feeling was mutual.

Terry Johnson said: "Steve was pretty rapt with Mick. If he had wanted to go to Collingwood, we would have supported it, but I wanted him to stay at the one club."

In the end, Johnson's medical scans, which revealed scar tissue around both of his ankles, meant Malthouse was overruled by the Pies' medical team."

And the rest is history.....
This is a prime example of why we stick by our players, I have no doubt that Reids troubles now in the scheme of things will be minor compared to the rest of his career, we trade him and there's every chance he becomes a great at another club.
Reidy will put this s**ty year behind and be back to his best in 2015, he's going nowhere.
Reido going nowhere

So what is the realistic chances of Moore coming right in and taking that spot in the forward or defence.. either way? I would love to see the kid get a run straight out of the gate.

I mean when seniors go down and kids come up we keep finding little jewels don't we?

We recruited these players from other clubs and all had other options. If we really wanted them, we probably didn't have much choice to be fair.

It's largely irrelevant to this thread so I don't know why I went with that stuff, but the only one amongst them that has exhibited the ability to even be a top 100 player league wide is Greenwood and he's only done it for a 15-20 match period.

If you target opposition players and give them long term deals it's players in the top 10 at their club that you go for. Use Hawthorn and Sydney as an example we've got Buddy, Tippett, Frawley & McEvoy v the four I listed, what type of player would be your preference?

I'm not saying we should have gone for those guys because we didn't have a play on them it's more the attitude of getting the best through the door on long term deals that we must adhere to. Not the list fillers we've attracted since 2012...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back