Injury Ben Reid Injured - announced 16th December, 4 - 6 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
How impressive are some of our supporters. Imagine if we'd only offered Reid a 2 year deal because of concerns about injury. He tells us to f off and goes elsewhere. TG and his band of merry morons use this as another example of Bucks creating dissent and causing players to leave.

I can't wait for Reid to get back to AA form, and I am confident he will. Four years is a long time. In 2006 Steve Johnson was a crock.

Morons ha, what a croc!! One name is all I need to show you how redundant your POV is, Dale Thomas.

The club had no faith in his body so offered him a short term deal and the reaction of "TG and his band of merry morons" was we hate you for choosing Carlton, but good luck because that was an offer we would have been stupid to match! All the while we pump up our shiny new replacement in Scharanberg!!

It's pretty easy to throw insults around when you know people are more inclined to get behind you compared to having a rational discussion, but what would I know I'm just some dumb pleb being lead a merry dance by the pied piper of all things negative TG :rolleyes:

Read the first few posts of this thread but gave the next 12 pages a miss although I can guess we have started eating our own again.

I guess most will be happy now, Reid get's injured so no doubt we'll ba able to manage a straight swap with Adelaide at the end of the season for Dangerfield, no biggy as I'm sure Moore slots straight in to take his spot kicking 75+ goals for the year and winning the B&F in his first season - because that's what happens right!

Oh yeah - Danger is a free agent so we'll get him for nothing

Mar 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ahh the Legend of Reid continues to grow, the more time he's injured the better he is right? That's how it works doesn't it...

I call it the Rusling phenomenon

Reid has been All Australian and when fit is a genuine star of the competition. Rusling never got close to those heights unfortunately. From your post shizzle it's as if you forget how good Reid was and the reverse-Rus phenomenon is at play here.

No Rusling hater either. Absolutely loved the bloke. I was The Rusler ffs!

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Reid has been All Australian and when fit is a genuine star of the competition. Rusling never got close to those heights unfortunately. From your post shizzle it's as if you forget how good Reid was and the reverse-Rus phenomenon is at play here.

No Rusling hater either. Absolutely loved the bloke. I was The Rusler ffs!
When fit. Hasnt been fit since 2013 we are entering 2015 in two weeks and still won't be fit.

DERKADERRR

All Australian
Feb 20, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Glad you are so confident he doesn't need a pre season and will be firing in April.
I think it's better than your "the sky is falling" attitude, obviously I'm disappointed that he's injured but I think it may have happened at an ok time seeing as the Christmas holiday period is coming up. If it is indeed a 3-4 week period (like Balme said) without running or training drills then he wouldn't be doing much training for 2 weeks already due to the break, plus it's almost been a week so we could see him back training around the 5th of Jan. I'm not too sure why I'm even explaining this to you because no matter what anyone says you will still probably keep your pessimistic attitude (which you unsuccessfully try to disguise as a realistic).

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
I think it's better than your "the sky is falling" attitude, obviously I'm disappointed that he's injured but I think it may have happened at an ok time seeing as the Christmas holiday period is coming up. If it is indeed a 3-4 week period (like Balme said) without running or training drills then he wouldn't be doing much training for 2 weeks already due to the break, plus it's almost been a week so we could see him back training around the 5th of Jan. I'm not too sure why I'm even explaining this to you because no matter what anyone says you will still probably keep your pessimistic attitude (which you unsuccessfully try to disguise as a realistic).
Without Reid at CHB we have shown we aren't capable of being a GF team.

DERKADERRR

All Australian
Feb 20, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Without Reid at CHB we have shown we aren't capable of being a GF team.
Did you even read my post? I didn't even say anything in regards to Reid's positioning! In any case I'm actually a supporter of Reid in defence rather than up forward, we need someone who knows how to cut off opposition inside 50's and can deliver it out of there effectively. He seems to be the best player to take over from Maxwell.

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Did you even read my post? I didn't even say anything in regards to Reid's positioning! In any case I'm actually a supporter of Reid in defence rather than up forward, we need someone who knows how to cut off opposition inside 50's and can deliver it out of there effectively. He seems to be the best player to take over from Maxwell.
Reid won't be back in the team by round 1 he's got chronic problems. The club can spin 5-6weeks he will be back but we all know that's won't be the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
I am sick of the blind leading the blind mentality.

He is injured and it does not look good especially in the context of his past history.

Anyone who thinks that this is the only injury that Reid will have for 2015 is wishing and hoping more than thinking pragmatically.

DERKADERRR

All Australian
Feb 20, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reid won't be back in the team by round 1 he's got chronic problems. The club can spin 5-6weeks he will be back but we all know that's won't be the case.
I disagree, this is a setback but not a drastic one. There's a difference between 3-4 weeks in the season and 3-4 weeks in this situation, during the season 3-4 weeks means how long they expect until he plays again, this is 3-4 weeks till he starts training again.

I disagree, this is a setback but not a drastic one. There's a difference between 3-4 weeks in the season and 3-4 weeks in this situation, during the season 3-4 weeks means how long they expect until he plays again, this is 3-4 weeks till he starts training again.

You would be better off reasoning with a potato.

You would be better off reasoning with a potato.
image.jpg

Bring_Back_Brad

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Actually you are wrong.
I'm never wrong.
Goldsack debuted in 2007. In his eight seasons he has only been uninjured and available to play more than half a season 4 years. So half his time at the club has been plagued with injury. Reid has done better than that.

Actually you are wrong.
I'm never wrong.
Goldsack debuted in 2007. In his eight seasons he has only been uninjured and available to play more than half a season 4 years. So half his time at the club has been plagued with injury. Reid has done better than that.
Didn't he have glandular fever and missed considerable time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back