Injury Ben Reid Injured - announced 16th December, 4 - 6 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually you are wrong.
I'm never wrong.
Goldsack debuted in 2007. In his eight seasons he has only been uninjured and available to play more than half a season 4 years. So half his time at the club has been plagued with injury. Reid has done better than that.

No. Your past declarations of arrogance means nothing.

You are wrong on this occasion. The majority of the games Goldsack missed was by selection.

Why don't you compare Afl/Vfl games since Reid debuted. You will find Reid has missed more games through injury than Goldsack.

Actually you are wrong.
I'm never wrong.
Goldsack debuted in 2007. In his eight seasons he has only been uninjured and available to play more than half a season 4 years. So half his time at the club has been plagued with injury. Reid has done better than that.

In fact, both players debuted in 2007. Goldsack has never played less that 11 games in a season.

Wrong and arrogant BBB.

Why doesn't someone provide actual evidence instead of just saying

wrng.gif

oh except for those few dozen games or so when he was running around in the VFL because his form wasn't good enough

You could argue his form wasn't good enough due to injury/illness keeping him from training, particularly building up his fitness base. Not that I am arguing that as I could be wrong.

I don't get why so many threads degenerate into black and white opinions with a large smattering of personal insult so readily. Fact is the majority of the footy world think we all have NFI on the basis of the club we support. Then roughly half of those here think the other half have NFI based on how they see the glass. FFS my mother is 90 and has barracked for collingwood all her life. Never been to a match, couldn't name one current player, thinks we will lose every match but she loves the pies. TG is the biggest and best troll going, can't understand why so many get hooked. Maybe we should all just get on rather than searching for some point of difference to wave our respective dick sizes at each other over. Or hang on, that might be as boring as bat poop. I got no idea.

Shattering about Reid. Excellant player, great to watch. Really hope we see some of his best again.

I disagree, this is a setback but not a drastic one. There's a difference between 3-4 weeks in the season and 3-4 weeks in this situation, during the season 3-4 weeks means how long they expect until he plays again, this is 3-4 weeks till he starts training again.
3-4 weeks is one thing. Continuation of a long term injury problem is entirely different. We can only hope now that Reid actually puts a season together but he won't be fully fit round 1. There is no way he'll do a full pre season time wise but importantly he won't train at full intensity.

3-4 weeks is one thing. Continuation of a long term injury problem is entirely different. We can only hope now that Reid actually puts a season together but he won't be fully fit round 1. There is no way he'll do a full pre season time wise but importantly he won't train at full intensity.
It wasn't the same calf that he injured last year....and why won't he be fully fit, we don't play a game til April? Two weeks of his injury period is when no-one trains

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid has been All Australian and when fit is a genuine star of the competition.
Just because the bloke has been All Australian once in his career doesn't make him a genuine star of the competition, a "genuine star" would be one of a select group of about 6 or so players in this league.

The legend of Reid continues to grow, day by day, hour by hour, post by post...

The problem with Reid is not his ability that is not in question at all. He is an AA player
Its the fact that the injuries keep mounting on him all the time.Had we had a fit Reid during the 2011 grand final we would have won that but again injuries caused the downfall.
Since then he has had a terrible inconsistency of games played.

Could we use him as part of a trade end of next year for .................Cameron from GWS ?

No smartass if you read my original post it says due to injury and illness
I'm never wrong.
You may have said that in your original post but not in the post that I replied to you. No need to get so angry, this is just a forum.
Besides, I don't think that you can put illness is the same category as an injury.

It wasn't the same calf that he injured last year....and why won't he be fully fit, we don't play a game til April? Two weeks of his injury period is when no-one trains
He keeps getting leg muscle injuries. He won't be allowed to train at full intensity until very late and that is if he can even work up to that without another tweak.

The problem with Reid is not his ability that is not in question at all. He is an AA player
Its the fact that the injuries keep mounting on him all the time.Had we had a fit Reid during the 2011 grand final we would have won that but again injuries caused the downfall.
Since then he has had a terrible inconsistency of games played.

Could we use him as part of a trade end of next year for .................Cameron from GWS ?
Ability no, the question and doubt comes in now if he does get back will he get back to his AA best. Odds say probably not.

Ability no, the question and doubt comes in now if he does get back will he get back to his AA best. Odds say probably not.

He doesn't need to be AA to make a meaningful contribution to the team. Harry Taylor has been AA twice in his career.

He doesn't need to be AA to make a meaningful contribution to the team. Harry Taylor has been AA twice in his career.
Reid been AA once, Taylor twice. Says a lot. Reid won't get another that's my point with the injuries he's getting now, to beat the best you need to be the best.

Reid been AA once, Taylor twice. Says a lot. Reid won't get another that's my point with the injuries he's getting now, to beat the best you need to be the best.

The only thing that matters is being the best team. Reid can be a part of that and not be AA. I think you are setting unrealistic expectations when all we really need is for him to contribute on a regular basis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back