Injury Ben Reid Injured - announced 16th December, 4 - 6 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol whatever. I've ignored you by the way, I just find you so irritating, no offence. You seem to be one of those really bored old people who waste countless of hours on Big Footy without any proper or good input.

Adios

In my heart I know I'm funny.

Lol whatever. I've ignored you by the way, I just find you so irritating, no offence. You seem to be one of those really bored old people who waste countless of hours on Big Footy without any proper or good input.

Adios
Brutal assessment but I must say there are a few around here like that. But who are we to judge !

I still luv ya jmac

Thanks. Tazza was right in some respects. I am old and a little cranky at times. I genuinely did not understand what he was saying in regard to Reid because his first post made no sense to me. The irony is that I am a primary school teacher and all I really care about is my kids. Perhaps I should take a look in the mirror. The events in Pakistan and Queensland have left me very flat indeed.

Ben Reid has played 46 games in last 3 years
jamie Elliott has played 52.
Reid played majority of 2010 and 2011. Elliott was injured in 2010 before missing out on getting drafted.
Why won't you trade Elliott ?
Because Elliotts' body has stood up to senior AFL football?

You're incompetent if you don't realise the difference

Every dark cloud has a silver lining - sure, he won't be able to put in much leg work, but imagine the guns Reid will be rocking with all that upper body work he'll be putting in, he'll have to register them as lethal weapons - with summer peaking soon, he'll likely need a bottle of reef oil per arm down at the beach.

And managed properly, he might just have time to perfect Magnum by the end of pre-season, I've heard it's going to blow us all away.

On a serious note, hopefully it has happened early enough to allow him to regain some lost ground before pre-season is over. Fingers crossed for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps you could tell us the difference because I can't see it either?
The difference is that Elliott's missed games due to form and being a new recruit in 2012 which caused him to miss 10 games, only 8 have been missed because of injury between 2013 and 2014. Whereas Reid has missed all those games from the past 3 years due to injury, with obviously the majority missed in 2014.

The difference is that Elliott's missed games due to form and being a new recruit in 2012 which caused him to miss 10 games, only 8 have been missed because of injury between 2013 and 2014. Whereas Reid has missed all those games from the past 3 years due to injury, with obviously the majority missed in 2014.
OK, so we are narrowing it down

So what is the cut off, in number of games lost to injury, where we should consider trading a player?
If its not 8 in 2 years as per Elliott but it is 20 in 2 years as it is with Reid, the figure must be in the middle there somewhere?
With the criteria set it then means a lot of players would probably fit with whatever the number is
What about a player who does an ACL, what if he meets the "out you go due to games lost through injury" number?

The notion is ridiculous isn't it?

OK, so we are narrowing it down

So what is the cut off, in number of games lost to injury, where we should consider trading a player?
If its not 8 in 2 years as per Elliott but it is 20 in 2 years as it is with Reid, the figure must be in the middle there somewhere?
With the criteria set it then means a lot of players would probably fit with whatever the number is
What about a player who does an ACL, what if he meets the "out you go due to games lost through injury" number?

The notion is ridiculous isn't it?

Hey man I'm not in favour of it, I was just pointing out the difference between the two players and the reasoning behind them missing games because you said you couldn't see it lol.

They will sort the issues with Reid and he will get back his best, if not better. Can't believe anyone is suggesting we trade him.

Adios
Why don't you tell it as you see it Tazza! No need to conceal your true feelings behind subtlety and tact! And couldn't you find a bigger glass?

I am yet to put anyone on ignore. However if others put me on ignore I can say what I like about them and they are none the wiser.

As for Ben Reid, we were unlucky picking 2 big guys with our first selections in the 2006 draft who have difficulty staying on the park. Nathan Brown's body is hardly dependable either.

Why don't you tell it as you see it Tazza! No need to conceal your true feelings behind subtlety and tact! And couldn't you find a bigger glass?

I am yet to put anyone on ignore. However if others put me on ignore I can say what I like about them and they are none the wiser.

As for Ben Reid, we were unlucky picking 2 big guys with our first selections in the 2006 draft who have difficulty staying on the park. Nathan Brown's body is hardly dependable either.

Yeah, there is an option in threads to look at ignored content.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back